Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Los Angeles Clippers Forum

Los Angeles Clippers Forum Clippers message board - clippers fan forum

Old 08-31-2006, 09:08 PM   #1
hutcht02
Mr. Basketball

hutcht02 has an OK reputation so far
Question Sofo Baby!

I just want to say how excited I am for Team US to play Greece so I can see how Sofoklis Schortsanitis does against NBA players. Hes looked really good so far in the Worlds. I say we sign him next year. Any agree??:confused:
hutcht02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2006, 09:13 PM   #2
clipps
Good college starter

clipps has a terrific reputationclipps has a terrific reputationclipps has a terrific reputationclipps has a terrific reputationclipps has a terrific reputationclipps has a terrific reputation

We were supposed to sign him this summer but he signed a 4 year contract with Greece.
clipps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2006, 09:49 PM   #3
hutcht02
Mr. Basketball

**** greece. we shud take him
Old 08-31-2006, 10:39 PM   #4
qrich
King Heno

qrich is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterqrich is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterqrich is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterqrich is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterqrich is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterqrich is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterqrich is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterqrich is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by clipps
We were supposed to sign him this summer but he signed a 4 year contract with Greece.

Clippers were in negotiations for his buy out this and past year, Sofo decided that staying in Europe for another year will really help him develop so he should be a Clipper next season.

Check out tonights Greece|USA game, if I'm not mistaken it'st he one at 3:30 AM Eastern
qrich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2006, 01:38 PM   #5
adiedanny
Die Hard Clippers Fan

adiedanny has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by qrich
Clippers were in negotiations for his buy out this and past year, Sofo decided that staying in Europe for another year will really help him develop so he should be a Clipper next season.

Check out tonights Greece|USA game, if I'm not mistaken it'st he one at 3:30 AM Eastern
All I can say is Coach K sucks. Greece had all their bigs in and we had Elton sitting on the bench for a long time. They really needed his defense but the coach had nothing but guards and small forwards in. He should have had Brand and Howard in at the same time. Sofo dominated I think he is the Clippers insurance policy if Kaman gets too expensive during negotiations next off season.
adiedanny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2006, 02:47 PM   #6
qrich
King Heno

qrich is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterqrich is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterqrich is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterqrich is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterqrich is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterqrich is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterqrich is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterqrich is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by adiedanny
All I can say is Coach K sucks. Greece had all their bigs in and we had Elton sitting on the bench for a long time. They really needed his defense but the coach had nothing but guards and small forwards in. He should have had Brand and Howard in at the same time. Sofo dominated I think he is the Clippers insurance policy if Kaman gets too expensive during negotiations next off season.

I agree with that, why is EB and Dwight on the bench when they have Sofo and that other big in the game? I doubted Bosh could handle them and he couldn't, then you also have Jamison in there? Weird stuff
Old 09-01-2006, 08:25 PM   #7
clipps
Good college starter

clipps has a terrific reputationclipps has a terrific reputationclipps has a terrific reputationclipps has a terrific reputationclipps has a terrific reputationclipps has a terrific reputation

I knew Team USA would fall apart eventually. I don't believe in the idea of playing the international style of basketball. I get tired of the same hype about James, Anthony, Wade, Howard, Bosh, etc. Team USA needs to grind it out. I would love a team USA starting line-up of Shaq, Brand, Battier, Allen, and Kidd.

Chris Kaman would be perfect for the "international style" of basketball.
clipps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2006, 11:59 PM   #8
hutcht02
Mr. Basketball

Exclamation

you know who i think would be a better point guard for your Fantasy Team USA...Sam Cassell. He plays just like an international guard except he shoots better. International guards dont play defense either and Cassell has the leadership skills that both Paul and Arenas lack to run a team of superstars. Kidd doesnt lack these leadership qualities but he doesnt get the best of his teammates near as good as Sam I Am does. He'd be the perfect fit for Team USA!
Old 09-02-2006, 01:50 AM   #9
qrich
King Heno

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dOs3l...406%26conly%3D

nice vid
Old 09-02-2006, 05:46 PM   #10
adiedanny
Die Hard Clippers Fan

adiedanny has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by hutcht02
you know who i think would be a better point guard for your Fantasy Team USA...Sam Cassell. He plays just like an international guard except he shoots better. International guards dont play defense either and Cassell has the leadership skills that both Paul and Arenas lack to run a team of superstars. Kidd doesnt lack these leadership qualities but he doesnt get the best of his teammates near as good as Sam I Am does. He'd be the perfect fit for Team USA!
You are totally and completely correct. Sam would have caught up to that deficit, he shines in situations like that. He also knows how to play pick and roll. Elton was constantly setting up his teamates for the pick and roll but they don't know how to play it out. Once Sam would start to cook Coach K would take him out of the game. I like the idea of an eight man rotation so your teamates can get a little chemistry going. I hated the way Coach K rotated his squad, he never gave anybody time to warm-up.
adiedanny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2006, 11:20 PM   #11
insidehoops
Administrator

insidehoops has disabled reputation

I'd have preferred that coach K stick with one set of starters and one set of bench guys and have a clear hierarchy
insidehoops is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: