Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > San Antonio Spurs Forum

San Antonio Spurs Forum San Antonio Spurs message board - San Antonio Spurs forum

Old 10-23-2008, 07:15 PM   #1
TMT
#1 Spurs Fan

Exclamation Spurs cut Stoudamire, Watkins and Green. Who's next?

Quote:
October 23, 2008
Spurs Waive Three

SAN ANTONIO The San Antonio Spurs announced today that they have waived guard/forward Devin Green, guard Salim Stoudamire and center Darryl Watkins.

Green appeared in four games during the preseason, averaging 7.0 points, 2.8 assists, 1.8 rebounds and 1.25 steals in 21.8 minutes per game.

Stoudamire played in two preseason games, averaging 5.5 points, 2.5 assists and 1.5 rebounds in 19.0 minutes of action.

Watkins saw action in five preseason games, averaging 3.2 points and 3.2 rebounds in 15.0 minutes of action.

The Spurs roster now stands at 16.

I was unhappy to hear that Salim was cut. I expected him to make the team and be a new three point threat, but it seems the Spurs couldn't overlook his injuries. Watkins I knew wouldn't make the team. He is a big athletic guy, but turns the ball over way too much. I didn't see Green play much, but I guess he wasn't what the Spurs were looking for.

The Spurs roster strands at 16 players. Which means that most likely, the last cut will be between Malik Hairston and Desmond Farmer.

Both these guys have played well for the Spurs and it is going to be a tough decision. From what I've seen, Farmer has been pretty consistently productive on the offensive end, which is something the Spurs need. After struggling in the Summer League, Malik Hairston has improved in the preseason and really shown the Spurs what he has got.

This is going to be a risky decision. I feel Hairston has the potential to be a good player possibly in a year or two. Farmer seems like he could provide for us now. So, I think this decision is going to depend on what the Spurs want: future potential or productivity right now.

I can't even chose between the two.
Discuss.
TMT is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: