Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Los Angeles Lakers Forum

Los Angeles Lakers Forum Los Angeles Lakers message board - los angeles lakers fan forum

Old 09-18-2006, 09:58 AM   #16
dblockallstars
High school junior varsity star

dblockallstars has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elebrond
SOCALMIKE I Understand His Point.

He Showing in which we Are Losing the Money. With that List he leaves us to know Why we Can't Obtain Good Players. Why we Can't make Good changes.

And for last Why I Don't Understand M.Kutpack Continue as Lakers GM.

You See in This List some Players wining a lot of Money and Not Play Noting.

ELebrond
elebrond@yahoo.com

w/ grant we had 2 take him 2 make the salaries match w/ snaq b/c odom n butler prolly added up 2 20mil n snaq made >$3omil, so....the list of players that make $15mil that teams r willing 2 let go is pretty small n even smaller when u limit urself 2 the eastern conference, (apparently we could've done a deal w/ mavs) so mitch shouldn't really b blamed.
dblockallstars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2006, 06:23 PM   #17
lakerfreak
The go-to-guy

lakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

whos the one who said to be traded to an eastern conference team?

Shaq or mitch?
lakerfreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2006, 12:35 PM   #18
dblockallstars

dblockallstars has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by lakerfreak
whos the one who said to be traded to an eastern conference team?

Shaq or mitch?

i guess mitch, but it's like the #1 gm rule never 2 trade ur star 2 the same conference, that n never trade big 4 small but if snaq goes 2 Dallas n has Dirk w/ him....mavs prolly have their 1st ship by now n their record against LA post snaq would b like 15-1, n mitch would still b ridiculed...we would prolly have let fin go w/ the Alan Houston clause 2....
dblockallstars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2006, 12:47 PM   #19
lakerfreak
The go-to-guy

lakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Whats up with all these retarded rules??

1) never trade your star to the same conference
2) Never trade a big for a small

whats the point???
Old 09-19-2006, 01:20 PM   #20
mariodeathgrip
incoherent!!!!

mariodeathgrip is considered somewhat coolmariodeathgrip is considered somewhat coolmariodeathgrip is considered somewhat cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by dblockallstars
i guess mitch, but it's like the #1 gm rule never 2 trade ur star 2 the same conference, that n never trade big 4 small but if snaq goes 2 Dallas n has Dirk w/ him....mavs prolly have their 1st ship by now n their record against LA post snaq would b like 15-1, n mitch would still b ridiculed...we would prolly have let fin go w/ the Alan Houston clause 2....

No, Laker's wanted DirK but Cuban said no way, because Shaq was to old, and out of shape. Shaq first option was the Kings, him and the Malloof were a perfect fit. They both don't care about the NBA it's just business to them. But Mitch didn't do it even thou we would have had Peja and Webber and sign and trade Vlade. Which was good since they gave everything they had to Sac and are now damage goods.
The thing that tick me off, is that the Laker's wanted Wade, but settled for Butler. They would have giving him to us but Mitch was too soft. And not only that after that down grade, we should have token Jone's instead of Grant. But no Mitch Say's Jone's and Kobe don't get along. Screw u Mitch. At least we could had traded Jone's to another team, but Grant, with that Waive agreement saves Mitch money. Well the Players and us the fans suffer until Grant contract is over. And if we don't make the right moves, we might have to wait a year or two to sign a good player.
But we do have a pretty good team right now, as a Laker's fan. I always believe in the team. Down by twenty going into the fourth, no problem. I always think we can win. Bottom line, Laker's have what few teams have. Heart and Spirit, the players have it the fans have it. This is something I learned from the greatest broadcaster ever in the NBA Chick Hearn. God Bless you Chick. Some of you may only remember him from Gilligan's Island when the Harlem Globe Trotters was on, he was the broadcaster. But if your a Laker fan you know what I'm talking about.
mariodeathgrip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2006, 04:33 PM   #21
lakerfreak
The go-to-guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by mariodeathgrip
No, Laker's wanted DirK but Cuban said no way, because Shaq was to old, and out of shape. Shaq first option was the Kings, him and the Malloof were a perfect fit. They both don't care about the NBA it's just business to them. But Mitch didn't do it even thou we would have had Peja and Webber and sign and trade Vlade. Which was good since they gave everything they had to Sac and are now damage goods.
The thing that tick me off, is that the Laker's wanted Wade, but settled for Butler. They would have giving him to us but Mitch was too soft. And not only that after that down grade, we should have token Jone's instead of Grant. But no Mitch Say's Jone's and Kobe don't get along. Screw u Mitch. At least we could had traded Jone's to another team, but Grant, with that Waive agreement saves Mitch money. Well the Players and us the fans suffer until Grant contract is over. And if we don't make the right moves, we might have to wait a year or two to sign a good player.
But we do have a pretty good team right now, as a Laker's fan. I always believe in the team. Down by twenty going into the fourth, no problem. I always think we can win. Bottom line, Laker's have what few teams have. Heart and Spirit, the players have it the fans have it. This is something I learned from the greatest broadcaster ever in the NBA Chick Hearn. God Bless you Chick. Some of you may only remember him from Gilligan's Island when the Harlem Globe Trotters was on, he was the broadcaster. But if your a Laker fan you know what I'm talking about.

Its not that they settled for butler...its that they needed another big contract to make the trade work. wade and butler combined were only making likw 4 million at the time. we asked for wade to go along and either way we would have still received butler. butler was good anyways. I like butler and want him back
Old 09-19-2006, 07:16 PM   #22
mariodeathgrip
incoherent!!!!

mariodeathgrip is considered somewhat coolmariodeathgrip is considered somewhat coolmariodeathgrip is considered somewhat cool

Quote:
Its not that they settled for butler...its that they needed another big contract to make the trade work. wade and butler combined were only making likw 4 million at the time. we asked for wade to go along and either way we would have still received butler. butler was good anyways. I like butler and want him back
I liked Butler too, he was a great player, when Phil had him checked and saw he was 6'6 I thought he was going to play point. When I heard he was going to be traded, I was hoping they were wrong. And thought they could send Cook instead. But was surprised went they shipped him out. I feel sorry for him in Washington. If he comes back that will be a plus. But I don't think he will be a f/a until 2011 and the only way we can get him is through trade and I think that will never happen. But I like Kwame he made had a bad start but finish good showing some great D'. A-lot better than starting good then finishing bad. But still say we could had got him with out sending Butler.
mariodeathgrip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2006, 09:18 PM   #23
traditionone

traditionone has an OK reputation so far

Quote:

All of a sudden, I got this urge to create a what if scenario. The Lakers took Brian Grant because they needed a big man. His knees were shot though. From my point of view, I believe they should've taken Eddie Jones. Miami would've agreed to it. So, the Lakers would've gotten Lamar Odom, Caron Butler, and Eddie Jones. Add that to Kobe and we would've been in great shape on the perimeter, but thin up front. We could've had a lineup with Kobe, Caron, and Odom as starters and Eddie Jones coming off the bench. Eddie Jones is pretty good trade bait so we could've made a trade for a big man if we had to and this would probably allow Mitch to keep Butler.

I think Mitch's big mistake was taking Brian Grant instead of Eddie Jones. Without Eddie Jones, Miami wouldn't have won the title. No way they would've been able to trade Brian Grant and his hurting knees. They wouldn't have Jason Williams, James Posey, and Antoine Walker. Plus, they would've had Brian Grant sitting on the bench instead of Eddie Jones playing alongside Wade and Shaq. A lot would've been different.
traditionone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2006, 08:26 PM   #24
lakerfreak
The go-to-guy

Thats a great point too traditionone.

Brian grant had barely played all season and eddie jones was doing great too so we should have received him.

hes been on LA before and shaq got him traded away because the punk ass said jones was too soft.

But whatever. Jones would have been awesome here.
Old 09-20-2006, 11:08 PM   #25
SoCalMike
NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

SoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

You make a good point, but:

How do we know that the Lakers did not ask for Jones as part of the package?

I am sure they had to discuss a bunch of different player scenarios to make the deal work.

I would also argue that the Lakers had very little leverage in the deal. Shaq made it clear to everyone he was going to be traded or else.. so from a negotiation standpoint, the Lakers did not have much to fall back on.

Imagine if West was still GM at the time... Shaq would still be a Laker!
SoCalMike is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: