Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Toronto Raptors Forum

Toronto Raptors Forum Toronto Raptors message board - Toronto Raptors forum

Old 06-10-2006, 10:48 PM   #1
Unregistered

Default mo pete trade?

who else agrees with me that with the play of mo pete this past season that the raps should trade him because this type of year is not going to happn again from him and his value is high right now so y wait and hes a f.a in 07 trade em???
Old 06-10-2006, 10:56 PM   #2
Chamberlain
Riggin' for Wiggins!

Chamberlain has a terrific reputationChamberlain has a terrific reputationChamberlain has a terrific reputationChamberlain has a terrific reputationChamberlain has a terrific reputation

Mo Pete is the kinda guy you want on your team. He doesn't give up, and we dont know for sure if he'll have another year like this year. His stats may not show it every year but he is one the most important pieces to our team. He plays hard night in night out, he loves the team and the fans, and as far as him bein a free agent in 07 goes, I think it's safe to say he'll return unless a serious contender makes him an offer.
Chamberlain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2006, 06:35 AM   #3
lollol604
I airball my layups

lollol604 has an OK reputation so far

i would love to see mo pete come back, but at a reason price say 5-6 mill tops. that means a 1-1.5 mill raise, i think he deserves that. he is pretty streaky but we don't need him to put up 20 a game just 10-15 and play good D. plus he is a fan fav.
lollol604 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2006, 11:09 AM   #4
GoRapz
Fire Dwane Casey

GoRapz has decent reputation

I want Mo Pete to retire as a Raptor. He's been here for us through the bad and the good times and has never complained about anything.
GoRapz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2006, 12:02 PM   #5
T-Low
College superstar

T-Low is considered somewhat coolT-Low is considered somewhat coolT-Low is considered somewhat cool

I want Mo Pete to stay for 2 reasons. His dedication to this club and also his spectacular defense. I don't know a guy that game in and game out will take a hit under the net for his team. This guy is dedicated to get the team back to the playoffs. But one thing I would rather have with Mo Pete....bring back the Cornrows!
T-Low is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2006, 03:54 PM   #6
albertpujols
High School Varsity 6th Man

albertpujols has no real reputation yet.

Again, hard worker, good attitude, solid player. Even when dealt with a rebuilding team, he keeps his head up and plays his best. I definatly would not trade him.
albertpujols is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2006, 04:35 PM   #7
craigthomasb
College star

craigthomasb has an incredible reputation herecraigthomasb has an incredible reputation herecraigthomasb has an incredible reputation herecraigthomasb has an incredible reputation herecraigthomasb has an incredible reputation herecraigthomasb has an incredible reputation herecraigthomasb has an incredible reputation here

if we can get mo pete to sign a deal next summer for around $5 million a season for another 3-5 years, he will again represent great value
craigthomasb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2006, 05:34 PM   #8
Bourne
Valancais for RoY

Bourne has not been impressing people

Imo he is worth 6.5-7 a year. He has earned it this year. He deserves a good raise.
Bourne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2006, 11:46 AM   #9
Dr.Funk
Decent college freshman

Dr.Funk has decent reputationDr.Funk has decent reputation

I expect Mo to have an off season this season as per usual with him. It wouldn't kill me to see him traded but I would still be happy if he was still here next season. I see him as our Raja Bell.
Dr.Funk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2006, 12:51 PM   #10
T-Low
College superstar

T-Low is considered somewhat coolT-Low is considered somewhat coolT-Low is considered somewhat cool

Mo Pete has the potential to keep this team going. He is one of the original players from the Playoff squad that almost took us to the finals a few years back (Other than Williams). This team is an incredible squad when he is in the lineup. And also....HE IS THE IRONMAN OF THE LEAGUE at this very moment. Why get rid of a guy that has value. If we were going to make a trade, I don't like saying this, but have it include someone with value like Bonner. He is a great player on the offence but when it comes to the defense he loses his player to easily. But who knows, it might change.
T-Low is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2006, 12:53 PM   #11
bonez26
Local High School Star

bonez26 has an OK reputation so far

You have to keep MO..IMO...however if he is the deal breaker in a Blockbuster you may have to give him up for a year and try to re-sign him
bonez26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2006, 02:12 PM   #12
23jordan23
Great young streetballer

23jordan23 has an OK reputation so far
Default ..

I just feel when Mo Pete trys to play a more overall game meaning a balance shooting ..driving hes a pretty good player...but theres times when he gets frustrated and just wants to settle for his 3's which turns him into a one dimensional player.
23jordan23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2006, 02:16 PM   #13
Lightemup43
Can barely lace up my sneakers

Lightemup43 has an OK reputation so far

Mo Pete is the Paul Pierce of the Raptors... I have never heard so many trade rumors involving any other players. They have been on the block for years, I kinda feel for them
Lightemup43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2006, 02:37 PM   #14
AKADS
National High School Star

AKADS is considered somewhat coolAKADS is considered somewhat cool

I would love for Mo Pete to end up on any of my favorite teams. He is a solid 2 gaurd. He is a good shooter, good defender, decent passer, can get to the hole. He plays hard and hasn't missed a game in yrs. Mo Pete is one of those great 3rd or 4th option guys. He doesn't whine about not getting the ball or his shots an doesn't force shots for his own stats.
AKADS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2006, 03:09 PM   #15
Bourne
Valancais for RoY

Bourne has not been impressing people

He'd surely help out in Cleveland. He is a good three point shooter that does things other than annoy people (damon jones)
Bourne is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: