Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Toronto Raptors Forum

Toronto Raptors Forum Toronto Raptors message board - Toronto Raptors forum

Old 06-15-2006, 11:40 AM   #1
power works
High School JV MVP

power works has an OK reputation so far
Thumbs down LaMarcus Aldridge: "I'd rather stay in the US"

http://www.dfw.com/mld/dfw/sports/14818639.htm

Quote:
Aldridge has been working out in Dallas with Toronto Raptors center Chris Bosh.

"Bosh is a great overall player," Aldridge said. "If he had some help, I think that organization could get to the next level. (With) one or two more pieces, they're going to be a great overall team."

The Raptors own the first pick, but Aldridge indicated he would rather stay in the U.S. And he thinks the Bulls would be a good match.

Could this guy pull a Stevie Franchise on the Raps?

Do we even want him?
power works is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2006, 11:54 AM   #2
DoubleTech
NBA lottery pick

DoubleTech is a pretty well-respected posterDoubleTech is a pretty well-respected posterDoubleTech is a pretty well-respected posterDoubleTech is a pretty well-respected poster

whoa power works, you're putting words in the kids' mouth.

he didn't say "I'd rather play in the US"

a reporter probably asked him "where would you rather play, the US or Canada?" and he probably replied, "i'd be more comfortable in the states"

he's not pulling a steve franchise. steve francis flat out said he didn't want to play for vancouver.
DoubleTech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2006, 12:08 PM   #3
bk15
I hit open layups

bk15 has no real reputation yet.

he would be more comfortable...he rather same thing he doesnt want to play with the raptors...but i would love to get him denham brown and bobby jones
bk15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2006, 03:35 PM   #4
Chamberlain
Riggin' for Wiggins!

Chamberlain has a terrific reputationChamberlain has a terrific reputationChamberlain has a terrific reputationChamberlain has a terrific reputationChamberlain has a terrific reputation

It's still risky. We don't know exactly what he said. I agree that the reporter probably blew it out of proportion a little bit, but if he'd rather be in the States what happens when his rookie contract expires? I don't think anyone will ever pull a Steve Francis again, that was one of the worst things I've seen in the league. As soon as his name was called you could see the look of disgust and disapointment on his face.
Also, Anyone know who they got in the trade for Francis?
Chamberlain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2006, 04:19 PM   #5
Bourne
Valancais for RoY

Bourne has not been impressing people

I was not a fan during the steve fiasco, I'd appreciate if someone where to spell out the situation for me.

I'm going to look for LA's exact words if I get the time.
Bourne is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2006, 05:08 PM   #6
power works
High School JV MVP

power works has an OK reputation so far
Thumbs down Once bitten, twice shy!

That may not be his exact words, but the message in the article is clear ---- he’d rather not play in Canada.

These draft prospects should be kissing our ass, expounding the virtues of playing for a great city. This is not the BS attitude they should be coming in with.

Why would an agent and his draftee be stupid enough to make a blanket statement like this…. unless they feel strongly about it?

If Chris Bosh, who’s 5x the player Aldridge is, can make TO his home, then why not a rook with zero NBA experience.

I hope Aldridge clears this shiit up when he works out here this week. Hopefully, it's just some stupid-a$$, homer sports writer putting words in his mouth.

Stevie Franchise was the 2nd pick overall by Vancouver in 1999, but for whatever reason didn’t want to play in Canada. He held the Grizz hostage, and forced them to package him in a 3-team 11-player deal with the Rockets and Magic. The Grizz essentially got garbage for the 2nd pick, and 2 years later left YVR and moved to Memphis.

I don't know exactly what the circumstances are with Francis and Vancouver pre-draft.

Regardless, let this be a cautionary tale.
power works is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2006, 05:12 PM   #7
Bigtortiaman
I airball my layups

Bigtortiaman has an OK reputation so far

if somone tole you would you rather play in toronto(or whatever your home town is) or play in vancouver(or some far off land)..i think youd be more cofertable in your home town
Bigtortiaman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2006, 02:02 AM   #8
T-Low
College superstar

T-Low is considered somewhat coolT-Low is considered somewhat coolT-Low is considered somewhat cool

This is what I find funny. This is "media" coming out again. Who knows? The article could have been true and all, but that part might have been put in there to make some more dramatic news to "sell news papers" or to get people to view what they got to say. Who knows?
T-Low is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2006, 08:10 AM   #9
craigthomasb
College star

craigthomasb has an incredible reputation herecraigthomasb has an incredible reputation herecraigthomasb has an incredible reputation herecraigthomasb has an incredible reputation herecraigthomasb has an incredible reputation herecraigthomasb has an incredible reputation herecraigthomasb has an incredible reputation here

article = billy bull****
craigthomasb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2006, 05:27 PM   #10
ThaKid
King

ThaKid has an OK reputation so far

im not his biggest fan anyways
ThaKid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2006, 05:47 PM   #11
Rapsfan4life
Great young streetballer

Rapsfan4life has an OK reputation so far

from the interview after his workout in Toronto he seems to be content with the Raptors. He would like to play with Bosh and even though Aldridge should gain some more pounds, he would cover the gaping hole at center. I think B.C will pick him if he will know that he will probably not get anything better in free agency.
Rapsfan4life is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: