Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Toronto Raptors Forum

Toronto Raptors Forum Toronto Raptors message board - Toronto Raptors forum

Old 10-28-2008, 08:39 PM   #1
T-Low
College superstar

T-Low is considered somewhat coolT-Low is considered somewhat coolT-Low is considered somewhat cool
Default Toronto-Philly Game Earlier

Game is earlier now...I believe 6:00....
T-Low is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2008, 05:48 PM   #2
Sekman
Great young streetballer

Sekman has an OK reputation so far
Default Re: Toronto-Philly Game Earlier

no official game thread??? c'mom

28-26, 2nd quarter..

joey's game is impressive
Sekman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2008, 06:10 PM   #3
Sekman
Great young streetballer

1st half.. rokic playing well

seems like the Zone defense actually works in favour for us!!! Raptors mastered the zone D !!!
Old 10-29-2008, 06:19 PM   #4
Kungfro
Takeo Ischi

Kungfro is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKungfro is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKungfro is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKungfro is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKungfro is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKungfro is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKungfro is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKungfro is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKungfro is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

game thread's in the main forum. Would say look for the green arrow, but op didn't throw it in(mandatory for raptor game threads).
Kungfro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2008, 06:21 PM   #5
bokes15
Playoffs!

bokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

as I said before, win or lose, i'm very happy that they made game 1 of the season against the sixers. because could you imagine if we had gotten the Bobcats, the Sonics, or another bottomfeeder? If we lost we'd here, "this experiment is failing" and if we won we'd here "this and that worked against the Bobcats but it's not gonna work against bigger and better teams like the C's, Sixers, Pistons..

As for the first half, our first quarter was atrocious but we still managed to hang in there. 21-5 on the boards and only down 3.. O'neal and Bosh had flashes of brilliance late in the 2nd.. I loved it! Joey being aggressive.. Parker and Kapono knocking down J's, and Ukic doing a decent job of running the offense. A lot of positives to take from the half, but our D and rebounding still need work.
bokes15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2008, 07:52 PM   #6
nicknamefrank
Serious playground baller

nicknamefrank has an OK reputation so far

How was the commentating?
No Chuck Swirsky anymore. Who's the new guy? does he have any flavor?
nicknamefrank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2008, 07:56 PM   #7
The Italian
Defense? Whats that?

The Italian is a pretty well-respected posterThe Italian is a pretty well-respected posterThe Italian is a pretty well-respected posterThe Italian is a pretty well-respected poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by nicknamefrank
How was the commentating?
No Chuck Swirsky anymore. Who's the new guy? does he have any flavor?
His name is Matt (I believe) Devlin and I enjoyed his commentary during the game. Not over the top but it also wasn't really dull and boring either. I think he found the good balance between the two and I enjoyed him.
The Italian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2008, 09:58 PM   #8
Jalen5
Great young streetballer

Jalen5 has an OK reputation so far

I lol everytime leo comment on Dalembert rather is good or bad, just rofl....
Jalen5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2008, 10:24 PM   #9
keantona
I hit open 5-footers

keantona has decent reputation

I do miss Chuck but the new guy is probably more informative and while he isn't as colourful as the Swirsk, he isn't bland either.
keantona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2008, 12:48 AM   #10
Tool
Ball til I fall

Tool is considered somewhat coolTool is considered somewhat cool

First win in the books baby and it didn't take long. I love it and I'm definitely getting out the salami and cheese.

O'neal was a beast in the paint and a force on defense was my favourite part of the game. I don't even recall the last time I saw such a physical presence down low on this team
Tool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2008, 05:09 AM   #11
Jalen5
Great young streetballer

Jalen5 has an OK reputation so far

I remember this 1 time we got KP trying to block i think dalambert but he faked, then JO n fake again but bosh got him finally and that was a good cheer!
Jalen5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2008, 05:53 AM   #12
new noise
madvillain

new noise has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Italian
His name is Matt (I believe) Devlin and I enjoyed his commentary during the game. Not over the top but it also wasn't really dull and boring either. I think he found the good balance between the two and I enjoyed him.

I actually found him pretty generic, but I suppose compared to Swirsky's way-over-the-top weirdo style anything would be. I think we all got used to the whole crazy play-by-play guy alongside incredibly boring colour guy formula. At the very least though, he knew what he was talking about when it came to the team and certainly doesn't have Chuck's blatant homerism. I'll get used to it.
new noise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2008, 09:07 AM   #13
Sekman
Great young streetballer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jalen5
I remember this 1 time we got KP trying to block i think dalambert but he faked, then JO n fake again but bosh got him finally and that was a good cheer!

Yes, i remember that play.. got the block and then philly called for shot clock violation.
Old 10-30-2008, 10:52 AM   #14
antonaki1
Serious playground baller

antonaki1 has an OK reputation so far

I for one sure am glad we don't have to hear that silly "get out the salami and cheese momma" quote. Got i hated that, even opposition broadcasters were starting to mock us about that one later in the season. Love the Swirsk but that, had to go!
antonaki1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2008, 11:37 AM   #15
n00bie
Vince's Real Daddy

n00bie is considered somewhat cooln00bie is considered somewhat cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by antonaki1
I for one sure am glad we don't have to hear that silly "get out the salami and cheese momma" quote. Got i hated that, even opposition broadcasters were starting to mock us about that one later in the season. Love the Swirsk but that, had to go!

I thought his stupid quotes were entertaining.. especially in boring blow out games.. Matt seems to be more experienced in basketball.. but Chuck seem to have more love for the game.. You can tell Chuck is actually having a good time out there while Matt seems to be all business.
n00bie is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: