Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Toronto Raptors Forum

Toronto Raptors Forum Toronto Raptors message board - Toronto Raptors forum

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 10-30-2008, 07:31 PM   #16
new noise
madvillain
 
new noise's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Canada
Posts: 1,481
Default Re: Screw You TSN.....

Wow, are you guys getting ripped. We're getting TSN2 for nothing on Shaw here in the West.

I really haven't seen much worth watching so far, so don't feel like you're missing out on some fantastic new channel with all your favourites playing 24/7. On the schedule today: Women's Hockey, Fishing, Horse Jumping, Tennis, Rockets @ Mavericks, and a replay of the Riders/Argos game. All of which besides the basketball game are also airing over on regular TSN.

From what I can tell by the broadcast schedule, it's 95 percent crap filler with an NBA game maybe twice a week, the same thing you'd be getting for nothing anyway with Sportsnet or the Score. I also won't be shocked when more than a few of the Raptors games that were made out to be 'exclusive' to TSN2 are just the sames ones broadcast on standard TSN.

Maybe they'll have more NBA games on as the season goes, but at this point there's no way I could justify paying for it, let alone switching up your whole cable package just to get it.
new noise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2008, 08:29 PM   #17
bballnoob
Decent college freshman
 
bballnoob's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 1,921
Default Re: Screw You TSN.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by new noise
Wow, are you guys getting ripped. We're getting TSN2 for nothing on Shaw here in the West.

I really haven't seen much worth watching so far, so don't feel like you're missing out on some fantastic new channel with all your favourites playing 24/7. On the schedule today: Women's Hockey, Fishing, Horse Jumping, Tennis, Rockets @ Mavericks, and a replay of the Riders/Argos game. All of which besides the basketball game are also airing over on regular TSN.

From what I can tell by the broadcast schedule, it's 95 percent crap filler with an NBA game maybe twice a week, the same thing you'd be getting for nothing anyway with Sportsnet or the Score. I also won't be shocked when more than a few of the Raptors games that were made out to be 'exclusive' to TSN2 are just the sames ones broadcast on standard TSN.

Maybe they'll have more NBA games on as the season goes, but at this point there's no way I could justify paying for it, let alone switching up your whole cable package just to get it.

I hope you're right that the Raptor's games will be broadcasted on regular TSN. I don't want to have to pay extra to see something that shouldn't require so many channels. I find it ****ing bull**** that they played the NBA opener on TSN2 while the Rogers people (like me) were stuck with Poker/MMA/Hockey (whatever the hell was on).
bballnoob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2008, 09:40 AM   #18
Jalen5
Great young streetballer
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 494
Default Re: Screw You TSN.....

I just looked at the schedule for tsn2 games and it sucks almost 1/3 to 1/2 the games starting from december will be on tsn2 until end of season...best is hoping that rogers pick up tsn2.
Jalen5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2008, 04:01 PM   #19
bballnoob
Decent college freshman
 
bballnoob's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 1,921
Default Re: Screw You TSN.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jalen5
I just looked at the schedule for tsn2 games and it sucks almost 1/3 to 1/2 the games starting from december will be on tsn2 until end of season...best is hoping that rogers pick up tsn2.

Even if that situation panned out, would Roger's subscribers still have to pay extra?
bballnoob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2008, 04:07 PM   #20
Jalen5
Great young streetballer
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 494
Default Re: Screw You TSN.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by bballnoob
Even if that situation panned out, would Roger's subscribers still have to pay extra?

If i have to guess, no for now and yes in the future for raising the package price.
Jalen5 is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by:
Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 12:40 PM.




NBA Basketball Forum Key Links:
InsideHoops Home
NBA Rumors
Basketball Blog
NBA Daily Recaps
NBA Videos
Fantasy Basketball
NBA Mock Draft
NBA Free Agents
All-Star Weekend
---
High School Basketball
Streetball
---
InsideHoops Twitter
Search Our Site













Powered by vBulletin Version 3.5.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd. Terms of Use/Service | Privacy Policy