Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Toronto Raptors Forum

Toronto Raptors Forum Toronto Raptors message board - Toronto Raptors forum

Old 10-30-2008, 07:31 PM   #16
new noise
madvillain

Default Re: Screw You TSN.....

Wow, are you guys getting ripped. We're getting TSN2 for nothing on Shaw here in the West.

I really haven't seen much worth watching so far, so don't feel like you're missing out on some fantastic new channel with all your favourites playing 24/7. On the schedule today: Women's Hockey, Fishing, Horse Jumping, Tennis, Rockets @ Mavericks, and a replay of the Riders/Argos game. All of which besides the basketball game are also airing over on regular TSN.

From what I can tell by the broadcast schedule, it's 95 percent crap filler with an NBA game maybe twice a week, the same thing you'd be getting for nothing anyway with Sportsnet or the Score. I also won't be shocked when more than a few of the Raptors games that were made out to be 'exclusive' to TSN2 are just the sames ones broadcast on standard TSN.

Maybe they'll have more NBA games on as the season goes, but at this point there's no way I could justify paying for it, let alone switching up your whole cable package just to get it.
new noise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2008, 08:29 PM   #17
bballnoob
Decent college freshman

Quote:
Originally Posted by new noise
Wow, are you guys getting ripped. We're getting TSN2 for nothing on Shaw here in the West.

I really haven't seen much worth watching so far, so don't feel like you're missing out on some fantastic new channel with all your favourites playing 24/7. On the schedule today: Women's Hockey, Fishing, Horse Jumping, Tennis, Rockets @ Mavericks, and a replay of the Riders/Argos game. All of which besides the basketball game are also airing over on regular TSN.

From what I can tell by the broadcast schedule, it's 95 percent crap filler with an NBA game maybe twice a week, the same thing you'd be getting for nothing anyway with Sportsnet or the Score. I also won't be shocked when more than a few of the Raptors games that were made out to be 'exclusive' to TSN2 are just the sames ones broadcast on standard TSN.

Maybe they'll have more NBA games on as the season goes, but at this point there's no way I could justify paying for it, let alone switching up your whole cable package just to get it.

I hope you're right that the Raptor's games will be broadcasted on regular TSN. I don't want to have to pay extra to see something that shouldn't require so many channels. I find it ****ing bull**** that they played the NBA opener on TSN2 while the Rogers people (like me) were stuck with Poker/MMA/Hockey (whatever the hell was on).
bballnoob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2008, 09:40 AM   #18
Jalen5
Great young streetballer

I just looked at the schedule for tsn2 games and it sucks almost 1/3 to 1/2 the games starting from december will be on tsn2 until end of season...best is hoping that rogers pick up tsn2.
Jalen5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2008, 04:01 PM   #19
bballnoob
Decent college freshman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jalen5
I just looked at the schedule for tsn2 games and it sucks almost 1/3 to 1/2 the games starting from december will be on tsn2 until end of season...best is hoping that rogers pick up tsn2.

Even if that situation panned out, would Roger's subscribers still have to pay extra?
bballnoob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2008, 04:07 PM   #20
Jalen5
Great young streetballer

Quote:
Originally Posted by bballnoob
Even if that situation panned out, would Roger's subscribers still have to pay extra?

If i have to guess, no for now and yes in the future for raising the package price.
Jalen5 is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: