Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Fantasy Basketball Forum

Fantasy Basketball Forum Fantasy basketball message board - fantasy basketball forum

Old 10-29-2008, 03:12 AM   #1
GreatestOne
Can barely lace up my sneakers

Default Rate my team! ***

Hey all, let me have it... I know I have one too many PG's, but thats ok, I will either pick up Kevin Love if he does well or I'll make a trade since I have some decent quality at PG all over. But I am keeping DRose for sure.

I am going to try to win (we have monthly category competition) this month's Steals, and in 2 months, Rebounds... what do u guys think? It wont be easy but doable I think.

(10 player Yahoo Keeper League w/TO's)

#10 Amare Stoudemire (keeper from last year)
#11 Baron Davis
#27 Rashard Lewis (traded up 3 spots, wanted to make sure i get him)
#34 Jason Richardson (traded down 3 spots for above)
#50 Chris Kaman
#51 Andres Biedrins
#70 Brad Miller
#71 Randy Foye
#90 Manu Ginobili
#91 Derrick Rose
#110 Rafer Alston
#111 Jameer Nelson
#130 Chris Duhon

Thanks!
GreatestOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2008, 08:12 AM   #2
chuckyboy34
High School Starter

Default Re: Rate my team! ***

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreatestOne
Hey all, let me have it... I know I have one too many PG's, but thats ok, I will either pick up Kevin Love if he does well or I'll make a trade since I have some decent quality at PG all over. But I am keeping DRose for sure.

I am going to try to win (we have monthly category competition) this month's Steals, and in 2 months, Rebounds... what do u guys think? It wont be easy but doable I think.

(10 player Yahoo Keeper League w/TO's)

#10 Amare Stoudemire (keeper from last year)
#11 Baron Davis
#27 Rashard Lewis (traded up 3 spots, wanted to make sure i get him)
#34 Jason Richardson (traded down 3 spots for above)
#50 Chris Kaman
#51 Andres Biedrins
#70 Brad Miller
#71 Randy Foye
#90 Manu Ginobili
#91 Derrick Rose
#110 Rafer Alston
#111 Jameer Nelson
#130 Chris Duhon

Thanks!

the only player(s) that may become droppable are nelson or duhon but for now ur team is pretty great.
chuckyboy34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2008, 10:04 AM   #3
orangedays

Oof, there are some injury headaches on that team (and some headaches in general). I really dislike Baron Davis - he's a (pardon the language) b*tch when it comes to staying healthy when it's not a contract year. I feel like anytime he gets a nick he's going to sit out and throw and the rest of the time he's going to mail it in to the tune of 18 pts / 8 assts with a steal or two on horrible shooting. That's late third round value. Like the Lewis pick, but feel he might be getting taken a round early given Turkoglu's continued rise (we'll see whether that pans out). Think Richardson is good but there's some risk associated with that with Larry "Crazy Eyes" Brown. You took Kaman in the same round I took him, so I'm going to give you a consolatory high-five, let's both hope he decides to play in 70+ games this year and not let Camby wreck his confidence. Biedrins is a 10-10 guy on his best day...he shouldn't have been taken that early - even if the Harrington trade thing is for real. If Miller can come back healthy that's a great pick, but that's very risky. Like the Foye pick, love the Rose pick, Manu at that position is studly but not sure if you'll be in strong enough contention for him to matter when he gets back.

Overall a solid team but there are some unanswered questions - hopefully Baron steps up this year for you - if you get equal production as last year from Lewis, Richardson and Kaman you're money.
orangedays is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2008, 02:04 AM   #4
GreatestOne

Quote:
Originally Posted by chuckyboy34
the only player(s) that may become droppable are nelson or duhon but for now ur team is pretty great.

Ya I am waiting to pick up a F and get rid of whoever is a bust... I am watching Kevin Love and see how he does... any suggestions on other sleeper F's?
Old 10-30-2008, 02:12 AM   #5
GreatestOne

Quote:
Originally Posted by orangedays
Oof, there are some injury headaches on that team (and some headaches in general). I really dislike Baron Davis - he's a (pardon the language) b*tch when it comes to staying healthy when it's not a contract year. I feel like anytime he gets a nick he's going to sit out and throw and the rest of the time he's going to mail it in to the tune of 18 pts / 8 assts with a steal or two on horrible shooting. That's late third round value. Like the Lewis pick, but feel he might be getting taken a round early given Turkoglu's continued rise (we'll see whether that pans out). Think Richardson is good but there's some risk associated with that with Larry "Crazy Eyes" Brown. You took Kaman in the same round I took him, so I'm going to give you a consolatory high-five, let's both hope he decides to play in 70+ games this year and not let Camby wreck his confidence. Biedrins is a 10-10 guy on his best day...he shouldn't have been taken that early - even if the Harrington trade thing is for real. If Miller can come back healthy that's a great pick, but that's very risky. Like the Foye pick, love the Rose pick, Manu at that position is studly but not sure if you'll be in strong enough contention for him to matter when he gets back.

Overall a solid team but there are some unanswered questions - hopefully Baron steps up this year for you - if you get equal production as last year from Lewis, Richardson and Kaman you're money.

I agree with your past paragraph... I know Baron and I guess I am jus looking for his rare combo of steals, 3's, assists and pts so... ya... it was him or maybe Granger whom I had last year, but I had to keep Amare so.... we'll see.

Rashard said he will be more assertive and greedy this year, so, haha, we'll see what he does, thats the only reason I traded up for him, missed out on Gay.

JRich, ya, I know LarryBS, but I just dont think you can supress his talent and I believe he is in his prime now... another rare combo G/F when healthy of pts, 3's, reb, steals and some blocks.

Haha Kaman.. yea he looked terrible tonight, almost made me wonder how he made those numbers last year, but I am sure he'll give me the 15pt/10reb/1.5+blk per gm + decent % and thats fine with me after Amare's work.

Well, Nellie said Biddy was gonna get a lot more touches (oops, did I say that? well i believe him this time even tho i had Al-H last yr and it was a nightmare), so I am hoping a little 12pt/10reb/1.5blk with high fg% from him. Fine for a #3 center.

I think BradM's heath is fine (unless the pothead syndrome affects his on-court performance), jus that Hawes kinda worries me with his young good play right now.... may limit Miller's min.. that would stink.

Ya I love Foye and Rose too, and ya I am worried about staying in top 3 when Manu comes back, but if I am in the top 5, I think I have a good shot with maybe 1-2 good trades... need to get rid of a PG & C and get a nice F/G combo.

Thanks!
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: