Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Toronto Raptors Forum

Toronto Raptors Forum Toronto Raptors message board - Toronto Raptors forum

Old 10-29-2008, 11:16 AM   #1
antonaki1
Serious playground baller

antonaki1 has an OK reputation so far
Default Raps Opening Day Has Arrived!

Philly up first. The key to a win is to make sure you have either Bosch or Jermaine on the floor at all times. Go inside, go inside, go inside! Get the sixers in foul trouble. Jamario must also keep a lid on Iguodala who seems to relish games against the Raptors. Defending the fast break will be key. If they play inside out, i say they win this one. Interested in other peoples opinion what they think will be keys to the start of this season and on the Raps chance of winning this one?
antonaki1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2008, 11:55 AM   #2
jrcp3
GuardsWinChampionships

jrcp3 has an OK reputation so far
Default Re: Raps Opening Day Has Arrived!

Iggy will go for 30+ points and eat the raptors ALIVE!
jrcp3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2008, 11:57 AM   #3
Dr.Funk
Decent college freshman

Dr.Funk has decent reputationDr.Funk has decent reputation

Keeping J.O. or CB on the floor at all times isn't the key to victory.
Dr.Funk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2008, 12:07 PM   #4
RapsFan
Great college starter

RapsFan is a pretty well-respected posterRapsFan is a pretty well-respected posterRapsFan is a pretty well-respected poster

The key for me is who wins on the boards, how bad is our bench out scored and containment of Iggy/Lou/Thad against our wings.
RapsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2008, 12:25 PM   #5
The_Night_Elf
My Game's Nucking Futs

The_Night_Elf is considered somewhat coolThe_Night_Elf is considered somewhat coolThe_Night_Elf is considered somewhat cool

I'm so glad this game's at 6! I get to watch it then go to my own game later tonight.
The_Night_Elf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2008, 12:30 PM   #6
Sekman
Great young streetballer

Sekman has an OK reputation so far

i think the key is stopping sixer's fast break.. and also D on andre miller (more than Iggy), coz andre breaks the defence down
Sekman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2008, 12:30 PM   #7
Beebo
****ing Rudy Gay man

Beebo has decent reputationBeebo has decent reputation

Wow early start...I guess I will have to download the game later and watch it.
Beebo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2008, 01:01 PM   #8
bokes15
Playoffs!

bokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by RapsFan
The key for me is who wins on the boards, how bad is our bench out scored and containment of Iggy/Lou/Thad against our wings.
according to you, this is a playoff top 4 LOCK vs a borderline lottery team... so i'm a little surprised to here you saying this like there's a chance of us winning (in your opinion).
bokes15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2008, 01:02 PM   #9
bokes15
Playoffs!

bokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beebo
Wow early start...I guess I will have to download the game later and watch it.
hey, where do you usually DL the games. Do you use gamedayreplay or another torrent site? The reason i'm asking is because i'm on a college network and they disallow P2P.. so i'd like to now if theres anywhere that gives a direct download.
Old 10-29-2008, 01:51 PM   #10
Beebo
****ing Rudy Gay man

Beebo has decent reputationBeebo has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by bokes15
hey, where do you usually DL the games. Do you use gamedayreplay or another torrent site? The reason i'm asking is because i'm on a college network and they disallow P2P.. so i'd like to now if theres anywhere that gives a direct download.

I used to watch it through NBA archives but I don't know if they still have that. Now I just use torrents, I get them at this site.... http://www.mininova.org/rss.xml?user=raptorfan

The quality is really good and the games are uploaded a few hours after it's over.

There's also http://bballvideos.blogspot.com/ , the games are uploaded on megaupload, which I feel is faster than torrents.

Last edited by Beebo : 10-29-2008 at 02:11 PM.
Beebo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2008, 02:41 PM   #11
RapsFan
Great college starter

RapsFan is a pretty well-respected posterRapsFan is a pretty well-respected posterRapsFan is a pretty well-respected poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by bokes15
according to you, this is a playoff top 4 LOCK vs a borderline lottery team... so i'm a little surprised to here you saying this like there's a chance of us winning (in your opinion).

Haha. Anything can happen. Even though it's just one game, this I think will be important for both teams. We could be that top 4 lock and them in the battle, or vice versa.
Old 10-29-2008, 08:09 PM   #12
hassano
High School Varsity 12th Man

hassano has decent reputationhassano has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrcp3
Iggy will go for 30+ points and eat the raptors ALIVE!

yeahh you guessed that one right
hassano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2008, 08:25 PM   #13
bokes15
Playoffs!

Quote:
Originally Posted by RapsFan
I know it's only one game, but I remember saying a couple months ago that strengthening our frontcourt was vital to our sucess. We have some decent backcourt players but even if we had a ton of great guards who could create off the dribble, it still wouldn't help us in the playoffs if we didn't have any players capable of rebounding/defending. Granted, JO doesn't suddenly make us the greatest defense/rebounding team in the league as demonstrated by getting beat on the boards 56-33, but to me this team didn't look nearly as soft as it has for the past 2 years when our primary goal was to put up points and outscore people.
Old 10-29-2008, 09:02 PM   #14
RapsFan
Great college starter

I wasn't able to catch the game, as I was stuck at my office tonight. But this was a very good win. The rebounding is a big concern, as it could have gone either way if Philly didn't shoot terribly. Was it bad shooting or our D?

Bosh and JO were great, statistically. Did they attack or shoot a lot of jumpers?

Very good start to the year.
Old 10-29-2008, 09:14 PM   #15
keantona
I hit open 5-footers

keantona has decent reputation

Very encouraging start. Should be more to come from O'Neal, but he is on the right track. Bosh is already flying. Calderon won't let anyone down. The best thing is that most of the players many of us are nervous about showed promise- Ukic, Kapono, Bargnani, even Graham did some things to give us hope.
keantona is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: