Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > San Antonio Spurs Forum

San Antonio Spurs Forum San Antonio Spurs message board - San Antonio Spurs forum

Old 10-29-2008, 05:07 PM   #1
marny_navis
Banned

Arrow Spurs excercize option on Mahinmi

Quote:
The Spurs exercised their third-year option on center Ian Mahinmi's rookie contract Wednesday.

Mahinmi, who turns 22 next week and is entering his second season in San Antonio, is now signed through 2009-10. Financial terms weren't disclosed.

Mahinmi began last season with the Spurs but spent most of it with their developmental league team in Austin. He finished among the league leaders in scoring (16.8 points per game), rebounding (8.0), blocks (1.7) and field-goal percentage (62).

The native of France was drafted in the first round by the Spurs in 2005 and signed with San Antonio two years later after spending four seasons in the French A League.

SOURCE: Click Here!

They must be pretty impressed with Mahinmi. I've only seen him in a couple of Summer League games, and he looked like an athletic, high-energy big man who still needs a lot of work on his overall game. I think at first he'll struggle with fouls and the fundamentals of the game, but could grow into an impressive role player. I expect rebounds, blocked/altered shots, and a lot of energy from him this season, and he could be what we were missing in our post rotation last year.
marny_navis is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: