Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Brooklyn Nets Forum

Brooklyn Nets Forum Brooklyn Nets message board - Brooklyn Nets forum

Old 10-29-2008, 08:40 PM   #1
Kiddlovesnets
NBA Superstar

Kiddlovesnets has an incredible reputation hereKiddlovesnets has an incredible reputation hereKiddlovesnets has an incredible reputation hereKiddlovesnets has an incredible reputation hereKiddlovesnets has an incredible reputation hereKiddlovesnets has an incredible reputation hereKiddlovesnets has an incredible reputation here
Thumbs up We won the first game of this season!

Quote:
Carter leads new-look Nets past no-Arenas Wizards

By HOWARD FENDRICH, AP Sports Writer 43 seconds ago

WASHINGTON (AP)—Vince Carter scored 21 points to lead his rebuilding New Jersey Nets to a 98-85 season-opening victory Wednesday night over a Washington Wizards team missing Gilbert Arenas.

Carter—whose teammates elected him the Nets’ captain, coach Lawrence Frank announced before the game—made a 16-foot fadeaway jumper over Caron Butler to put the visitors ahead 90-82 with a minute left and effectively settle a back-and-forth game.

These are teams that took very different approaches this offseason. The Wizards essentially stayed pat, re-signing All-Stars Arenas and Antawn Jamison to big contracts, while the Nets continued an overhaul that began when they traded away Jason Kidd.

Let's get the party begin!
Kiddlovesnets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2008, 09:11 PM   #2
VCMVP1551
NBA sixth man of the year

VCMVP1551 is popular on this boardVCMVP1551 is popular on this boardVCMVP1551 is popular on this boardVCMVP1551 is popular on this board
Default Re: We won the first game of this season!

VC, Hayes and Yi were very impressive. The Nets whole team looked very good. Of course the Wizards aren't exactly the Celtics but a good start. VC got everyone involved, scored quite a bit and made several highlight real plays while Yi shot very well and showed off his athleticism. Hayes also shot lights out. I think this team will at the very least make a run at the playoffs.
VCMVP1551 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2008, 09:18 PM   #3
MTing
Where Brooklyn at?

MTing is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMTing is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMTing is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMTing is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMTing is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMTing is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMTing is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMTing is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Someone wanna give me a quick recap?
I missed it because of SAT academy >.<
MTing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2008, 09:23 PM   #4
IlliniFan
Very good NBA starter

IlliniFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIlliniFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIlliniFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIlliniFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIlliniFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIlliniFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIlliniFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIlliniFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIlliniFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

The team looked good out there. I'm surprised Ryan Anderson overtook Sean Williams in the depth chart. I guess Frank likes PFs that can shoot because he played Yi or Anderson the entire time.
IlliniFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2008, 09:32 PM   #5
Nets fan 93
Brooklyn Nets >

Nets fan 93 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNets fan 93 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNets fan 93 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNets fan 93 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNets fan 93 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNets fan 93 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNets fan 93 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNets fan 93 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNets fan 93 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNets fan 93 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNets fan 93 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

great game

Yi had 2 3 pointers but again was SOFT.
Nets fan 93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2008, 10:08 PM   #6
ZHAKIDD532
#hellobrooklyn

ZHAKIDD532 is considered somewhat coolZHAKIDD532 is considered somewhat coolZHAKIDD532 is considered somewhat cool

Once Yi beefs up a little bit, he's going to be a beast!

This gave me some optimism for the season. VC is going to prove his critics wrong. He's got a big chip on his shoulder.
ZHAKIDD532 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2008, 12:38 AM   #7
Alan
Good High School Starter

Alan is considered somewhat coolAlan is considered somewhat coolAlan is considered somewhat cool

I'm fcking pissed at myself. I had about 40 minutes before the game started and I decided to get a quick sleep. I had my alarm clock working but since I watched Cavs and Lakers yesterday, I was very exhausted and thus when the alarm got on I just turned it off.

Funny part is, 6 hours after that, in my sleep I told myself "okay, it's time to get up now and watch the game" (at that time I thought I had slept only ~5mins after the alarm).

Anyway, great win and I'll defenatly will catch the Nets - Suns game.
Alan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2008, 09:32 AM   #8
Sekman
Great young streetballer

Sekman has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan
I'm fcking pissed at myself. I had about 40 minutes before the game started and I decided to get a quick sleep. I had my alarm clock working but since I watched Cavs and Lakers yesterday, I was very exhausted and thus when the alarm got on I just turned it off.

Funny part is, 6 hours after that, in my sleep I told myself "okay, it's time to get up now and watch the game" (at that time I thought I had slept only ~5mins after the alarm).

Anyway, great win and I'll defenatly will catch the Nets - Suns game.

LMAO!!!!!!
Sekman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2008, 10:16 AM   #9
Chuck Thou NBA
That's Turr'ble

Chuck Thou NBA has decent reputationChuck Thou NBA has decent reputation

The Nets held the Washington Wizards to under 40% from the field and only 23.8% from three point range.

Vince Carter after being named team captain took control in the fourth quater by making some clutch baskets to seal the win. VC IS DRIVING TO THE BASKET, DUNKING ON PEOPLE AND EVEN MAKING CIRCUS SHOTS AGAIN! The passion is back for Captain Carter.

Devin Harris is a stud and is doing what he is supposed to do, the boy can play ball. His handles have improved, and he is unstopable when he penetrates to the basket after the pick and roll. His jumper has improved too.

Yi Jilian is a great spot up shooter, the boy is deadly from the perimeter but tends to be rather soft when is comes to grabbing rebounds.

Josh Boone is a good energy guy who's the second coming of Jason Collins but he can put up points and he is athletic.

Jarvis Hayes was impressive too, contributing with fourteen points, that is just unheard of.

Brook Lopez is a beast, I compare him to a very young but raw Tim Duncan. He can be just as good.
Chuck Thou NBA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2008, 10:42 AM   #10
It's A VC3!!!
I will believe

It's A VC3!!! is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIt's A VC3!!! is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIt's A VC3!!! is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIt's A VC3!!! is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIt's A VC3!!! is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIt's A VC3!!! is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIt's A VC3!!! is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIt's A VC3!!! is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIt's A VC3!!! is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIt's A VC3!!! is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIt's A VC3!!! is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

I am proud of this win, but Simmons didnt to to well. He just stays at a spot and shoots the ball,and this game he missed most of his shots, he doesnt drive or anything. and Boone needs to be replaced by Lopez. Yi was great, so was Carter, and Hayes impressed me, I expected a better game for Harris, but he played solid.
It's A VC3!!! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2008, 12:13 PM   #11
Sekman
Great young streetballer

Sekman has an OK reputation so far

i luv Yi Jianlian ~
Sekman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2008, 03:00 PM   #12
Nets fan 93
Brooklyn Nets >

Nets fan 93 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNets fan 93 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNets fan 93 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNets fan 93 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNets fan 93 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNets fan 93 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNets fan 93 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNets fan 93 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNets fan 93 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNets fan 93 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNets fan 93 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuck Thou NBA
The Nets held the Washington Wizards to under 40% from the field and only 23.8% from three point range.

Vince Carter after being named team captain took control in the fourth quater by making some clutch baskets to seal the win. VC IS DRIVING TO THE BASKET, DUNKING ON PEOPLE AND EVEN MAKING CIRCUS SHOTS AGAIN! The passion is back for Captain Carter.

Devin Harris is a stud and is doing what he is supposed to do, the boy can play ball. His handles have improved, and he is unstopable when he penetrates to the basket after the pick and roll. His jumper has improved too.

Yi Jilian is a great spot up shooter, the boy is deadly from the perimeter but tends to be rather soft when is comes to grabbing rebounds.

Josh Boone is a good energy guy who's the second coming of Jason Collins but he can put up points and he is athletic.

Jarvis Hayes was impressive too, contributing with fourteen points, that is just unheard of.

Brook Lopez is a beast, I compare him to a very young but raw Tim Duncan. He can be just as good.
Really?
Tim Duncan is the best PF ever.
BTW I never knew VC was the new Captain... interesting
Nets fan 93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2008, 08:47 AM   #13
Chuck Thou NBA
That's Turr'ble

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nets fan 93
Really?
Tim Duncan is the best PF ever.
BTW I never knew VC was the new Captain... interesting

I said very young but raw Tim Duncan. Duncan isin't even athletic, he just has a great basketball IQ, which allows him to be succesful even if the opposing PF has more talent. Brook Lopez posses that IQ, and his defense is amazing. Aadd that with his NBA ready body and athleticism and you have a young Tim Duncan.
Old 10-31-2008, 09:00 AM   #14
gigantes
A piece of fluff

gigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuck Thou NBA
Duncan isin't even athletic...
what you really mean is "especially athletic for the NBA."

come on now. you don't make it in the NBA merely on basketball IQ and length. especially, you don't become one of the best PF/C's in history without some athleticism.
gigantes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2008, 10:03 AM   #15
Chuck Thou NBA
That's Turr'ble

Quote:
Originally Posted by gigantes
what you really mean is "especially athletic for the NBA."

come on now. you don't make it in the NBA merely on basketball IQ and length. especially, you don't become one of the best PF/C's in history without some athleticism.

When you compare Tim Duncan to Kevin Garnett, Amare Stoudamire, Shaquille O'Neal, David Robinson and Charles Barkley even, these guys are/were freaks of nature. Tim Duncan is not athletic at all. He's an athlete, he is in tip top shape to be in 82 games and more. Yes that makes him an athlete, but athletic is in another category. That guy has no jumping ability at all whatso ever.
And to quote you...
Quote:
You don't make it in the NBA merely on basketball IQ and length
... Larry Bird anyone?there are so many players who have no athleticism that make it to the NBA.

Last edited by Chuck Thou NBA : 10-31-2008 at 10:28 AM.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: