Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Brooklyn Nets Forum

Brooklyn Nets Forum Brooklyn Nets message board - Brooklyn Nets forum

Closed Thread

Old 11-23-2008, 09:53 AM   #166
Rusty
Host of a Nets podcast

Rusty has decent reputation
Default Re: Nets 2008-2009 Pregame/In Game/Postgame Discussion

Quote:
Originally Posted by gigantes
yea, society thinks it's cool right now to take someone's first initial and the first syllable of their last name and use that as their nickname. because, you know, actually coming up with an original nickname would require some imagination.
I came up with 'The Flying Lopez' as opposed to 'The Flying Lotus'. It's a little long, I know, but I came up with it while playing a game of NBA 2K9. Brook threw down a sick dunk, and it just came to me.
Old 11-23-2008, 09:57 AM   #167
Nets fan 93
Brooklyn Nets >

Nets fan 93 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNets fan 93 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNets fan 93 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNets fan 93 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNets fan 93 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNets fan 93 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNets fan 93 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNets fan 93 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNets fan 93 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNets fan 93 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNets fan 93 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
yea, society thinks it's cool right now to take someone's first initial and the first syllable of their last name and use that as their nickname. because, you know, actually coming up with an original nickname would require some imagination.
I guess your right... It's not that bad though...
Old 11-23-2008, 10:22 AM   #168
gigantes
A piece of fluff

gigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rusty
I came up with 'The Flying Lopez' as opposed to 'The Flying Lotus'. It's a little long, I know, but I came up with it while playing a game of NBA 2K9. Brook threw down a sick dunk, and it just came to me.
that's pretty good. if only more people were familiar with "flying lotus" i bet it would catch on.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nets fan 93
I guess your right... It's not that bad though...
it's not that bad, but i'm getting sick of it. nicknames used to be a fun way of learning a little something about a person's character, like how we learned that "pacman jones" used to be a glutton for milk when he was a kid.
Old 11-23-2008, 11:14 AM   #169
It's A VC3!!!
I will believe

It's A VC3!!! is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIt's A VC3!!! is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIt's A VC3!!! is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIt's A VC3!!! is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIt's A VC3!!! is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIt's A VC3!!! is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIt's A VC3!!! is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIt's A VC3!!! is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIt's A VC3!!! is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIt's A VC3!!! is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIt's A VC3!!! is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
I didnt make it up... I personally wanted Sweet and Lo-pez... but b.lo won....

I wanted Thriller. I didnt like the name B. Low.

As for the game vs the Clippers, I liked that win, the only bad thing you can take away was our missed free throws.
Old 11-23-2008, 11:57 AM   #170
ZHAKIDD532
#hellobrooklyn

ZHAKIDD532 is considered somewhat coolZHAKIDD532 is considered somewhat coolZHAKIDD532 is considered somewhat cool

The nickname should be short. I liked Pez that was a good one.
Old 11-23-2008, 02:35 PM   #171
Nets fan 93
Brooklyn Nets >

Nets fan 93 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNets fan 93 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNets fan 93 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNets fan 93 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNets fan 93 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNets fan 93 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNets fan 93 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNets fan 93 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNets fan 93 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNets fan 93 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNets fan 93 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
that's pretty good. if only more people were familiar with "flying lotus" i bet it would catch on.
greek mythology?

Quote:
it's not that bad, but i'm getting sick of it. nicknames used to be a fun way of learning a little something about a person's character, like how we learned that "pacman jones" used to be a glutton for milk when he was a kid.
I always liked Chocolate Thunder for Wilkens..
Old 11-23-2008, 02:46 PM   #172
gigantes
A piece of fluff

gigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
I always liked Chocolate Thunder for Wilkens..
hmm, chocolate thunder reminds me of the next day after eating too much spicy food.
Old 11-23-2008, 02:48 PM   #173
Nets fan 93
Brooklyn Nets >

Quote:
hmm, chocolate thunder reminds me of the next day after eating too much spicy food.

That was pretty random... I also like pistol pete... what does that remind you of?
Old 11-25-2008, 06:58 AM   #174
Alan
Good High School Starter

Alan is considered somewhat coolAlan is considered somewhat coolAlan is considered somewhat cool

So, who's with me on beating the Lakers?
Old 11-25-2008, 07:36 AM   #175
gigantes
A piece of fluff

i don't see any way the lakers can win this game.
Old 11-25-2008, 08:26 AM   #176
Alan
Good High School Starter

Alan is considered somewhat coolAlan is considered somewhat coolAlan is considered somewhat cool

Nice! Optimism (even if sarcastic) for the win.
Old 11-25-2008, 04:50 PM   #177
MTing
Where Brooklyn at?

MTing is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMTing is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMTing is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMTing is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMTing is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMTing is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMTing is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMTing is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

I believe we have a shot.
The Lakers have been giving up a lot of points lately and we have been scoring alot of points lately. Perfect timing.
Old 11-25-2008, 05:50 PM   #178
Nets fan 93
Brooklyn Nets >

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan
So, who's with me on beating the Lakers?
Nets beat them last year.. anything is possible
Old 11-26-2008, 12:48 AM   #179
Rusty
Host of a Nets podcast

Quote:
...I always liked Chocolate Thunder for Wilkens..
Chocolate Thunder was Darryl Dawkins's nickname, not 'Niques.

Another suggestion for Brook's.....'The Big Dispenser'.

Brook Lopez -> Lopez -> Pez Dispenser -> The Big Dispenser
Old 11-26-2008, 02:10 AM   #180
Rusty
Host of a Nets podcast

Yes, today's game will go down as a 120-93 whitewash, but the Nets stuck with the Lakers for around three quarters today - and were down only two at the half. Vince and Bobby defended Kobe very well, Devin showed that his rich vein of form is on-going, and Brook again showed that he's arguably already our best big man at this early stage of his career.

Having said that, the Lakers took advantage of Yi's terrible defense and went to the likes of Gasol and Bynum at every given opportunity. Plus, our shot selection was woeful at best. Somebody please tell Bobby Simmons that he isn't in fact Reggie Miller! Vince didn't have a great night either, but it wasn't from a lack of trying.

So, we now move on to the Kings game - having learned a few valuable lessons from a quality team in the Lakers, and with quite a few positives to come out of the game as well - despite the final score.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by:
Closed Thread