Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Brooklyn Nets Forum

Brooklyn Nets Forum Brooklyn Nets message board - Brooklyn Nets forum

Closed Thread

Old 11-08-2008, 04:56 PM   #46
It's A VC3!!!
I will believe

It's A VC3!!! is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIt's A VC3!!! is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIt's A VC3!!! is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIt's A VC3!!! is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIt's A VC3!!! is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIt's A VC3!!! is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIt's A VC3!!! is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIt's A VC3!!! is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIt's A VC3!!! is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIt's A VC3!!! is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIt's A VC3!!! is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: Nets 2008-2009 Pregame/In Game/Postgame Discussion

Quote:
Originally Posted by rknine15
You sure Devin is out.
INDIANAPOLIS -- As expected Devin Harris will sit this one out.

Harris, who sprained his left ankle in the third quarter of Friday's stirring win over the Pistons that included his career high 38 points, is out for tonight against the Pacers. He's offically listed as day to day but don't hold your breath for Monday in Miami. He did not look good Friday.

"We'll just have to see how quickly he responds (to treatment)," Lawrence Frank said.

Harris missed 14 games last season with a sprain of the same left ankle but acknowledged that injury seemed far worse than this one.

http://blogs.nypost.com/sports/nets/...arris_out.html
Old 11-08-2008, 07:05 PM   #47
RecSpecs110
Prokhorov = Badass

RecSpecs110 is considered somewhat coolRecSpecs110 is considered somewhat cool

If you need a link to tonight's game:

http://www.justin.tv/lotfi203500
Old 11-08-2008, 09:32 PM   #48
MTing
Where Brooklyn at?

MTing is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMTing is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMTing is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMTing is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMTing is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMTing is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMTing is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMTing is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

I think out of every Nets game that I've ever watched, todays defense frustrated me the most.
Old 11-08-2008, 09:34 PM   #49
VCMVP1551
NBA sixth man of the year

VCMVP1551 is popular on this boardVCMVP1551 is popular on this boardVCMVP1551 is popular on this boardVCMVP1551 is popular on this board

VC had an excellent game. 31 points on 11-22 FG, 3-7 3P and 6-7 FT. Dooling was very good and had 17 points on 7-11 FG as well as 4 assists but they got no help. Yi shot a horrendous 1-10, Boone was just 2-6, Simmons was only 1-5, Hayes was just 2-8, Najera was 0-4 ect.

VC and Dooling combined for 48 points and 7 assists on 54.5% shooting but the rest of the team scored just 32 points and 3 assists on 26.2% shooting!
Old 11-08-2008, 09:48 PM   #50
RecSpecs110
Prokhorov = Badass

Man, that was just about the worst half of shooting I've ever seen. We had good looks, but nothing went down tonight.
Old 11-08-2008, 10:23 PM   #51
gigantes
A piece of fluff

gigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by VCMVP1551
VC had an excellent game. 31 points on 11-22 FG, 3-7 3P and 6-7 FT.
i'm surprised. i only watched a few moments of the game (stream was all choppy tonight) but i thought with harris out, the pacers would be swarming carter like flies on molasses, severely limiting him.
Old 11-08-2008, 11:20 PM   #52
VCMVP1551
NBA sixth man of the year

VCMVP1551 is popular on this boardVCMVP1551 is popular on this boardVCMVP1551 is popular on this boardVCMVP1551 is popular on this board

Quote:
Originally Posted by gigantes
i'm surprised. i only watched a few moments of the game (stream was all choppy tonight) but i thought with harris out, the pacers would be swarming carter like flies on molasses, severely limiting him.

They did swarm him a lot but he made a lot of difficult jumpers and got to the line a good amount. He set up a lot of teammates but a lot of open shots were missed. Nobody besides Carter or Dooling was even decent tonight.
Old 11-08-2008, 11:40 PM   #53
Rusty
Host of a Nets podcast

Rusty has decent reputation

We basically should have won this game. We were up at half time - 61-59 - but after the break, we decided to give everybody a chance to get on the score sheet rather than force feed the ball to Vince - who had the obvious hot hand with 21 points at the half. This lead to an ABYSMAL shooting display in the second half. Yi made mistake after mistake, missed shot after missed shot (which I guess you can kind of forgive, given how young and inexperienced he is), Bobby Simmons kept stepping out of bounds, Jarvis Hayes jacked up threes like there was no tomorrow, but the most frustrating thing of all was that we didn't guard the Pacers' three point shooters AT ALL. Troy Murphy drove me insane. How can you not guard him from the perimeter? Surely the Nets realized that the Pacers shoot more threes than any other team....

Both the Nets and Pacers now move to 2-3 on the season. The Pacers have played well against some tough opponents (BOS, DET, CLE) but they'll have to find other ways to score other than threes and free-throws if they're to make a surprise push for the top eight.
Old 11-09-2008, 08:31 AM   #54
It's A VC3!!!
I will believe

It's A VC3!!! is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIt's A VC3!!! is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIt's A VC3!!! is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIt's A VC3!!! is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIt's A VC3!!! is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIt's A VC3!!! is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIt's A VC3!!! is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIt's A VC3!!! is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIt's A VC3!!! is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIt's A VC3!!! is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIt's A VC3!!! is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

WOW 2nd half sucked, that's why we lost. Yi sucked...again, he is inconsistent. nothing more to say....
Old 11-09-2008, 10:32 AM   #55
rknine15
Buckets Baby

rknine15 is considered somewhat coolrknine15 is considered somewhat coolrknine15 is considered somewhat cool

Boone lost all his confidence and concentration when he missed those free throws and disappeared the rest of the game.

I was expecting Yi to have a good game with Harris out, instead he has his worst game 1-10??? cmon drive in get to the line, take some smart shots.

Najera just stop shooting and Simmions needs to stop stepping out of bounds(he must be related to A.Wright)

I don't no what was worst the offence or the defence. It's a tough choice.
Old 11-09-2008, 02:56 PM   #56
Nets fan 93
Brooklyn Nets >

Nets fan 93 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNets fan 93 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNets fan 93 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNets fan 93 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNets fan 93 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNets fan 93 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNets fan 93 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNets fan 93 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNets fan 93 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNets fan 93 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNets fan 93 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

I'm sure the Pacers watched the highlights to the Nets vc Pistons game... and saw how Boone worked... they are a big team with Hibbert and Foster....
Yi is very confused still...
VC3 was right on Carter having 30 points but the rest of the team sucked...
We will never win unless we have a secondary scorer…
Devin played great yesterday, hence a win
Devin did not play, no scoring Dooling had 17 points but made a lot of turnovers….

Bobby needs to be on the bench and Yi needs to wake up
Old 11-09-2008, 03:04 PM   #57
gigantes
A piece of fluff

gigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

i think there are going to be a lot of games like this, this season...
Old 11-10-2008, 04:46 PM   #58
MTing
Where Brooklyn at?

MTing is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMTing is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMTing is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMTing is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMTing is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMTing is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMTing is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMTing is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

ARGH
Devin is out again...
Hopefully this game wont be to ugly.
Old 11-10-2008, 10:13 PM   #59
MTing
Where Brooklyn at?

Wow.. so the Nets show up to actually play and end up losing on a bogus call. Holy **** im pissed right now.
I really dont think Vince traveled..
So Yi's promising 26 and 10 game is wasted...

Gotta give credit where its due though, Wade was absolutely amazing. Had like only 7 points in the first half and ends with 33. Our defense just couldnt stop him. Hes a animal.
Old 11-10-2008, 10:20 PM   #60
RecSpecs110
Prokhorov = Badass

See, if we lose games like these, we're gonna be at the bottom of the east. What's annoying is that we were leading and had the momentum for the entire 2nd half except the last few minutes. Close out the damn game please. Why would you allow a garbage Miami team and their fans get back into it?

Why wasn't Najera out there? We close out on defense. Too many times I saw Yi mismatched with Wade. That's not getting it done. And for god's sake, draw up a freaking play on offense. If you can't, then post up and isolate VC. With 3 minutes left, I was chanting "Post up Vince, post up Vince," while we were aimlessly passing the ball around the perimeter and hoisting up airballs.

Ina tight situation under pressure, you go to VC, your veteran scorer. You got that Lawrence Frank? Jesus.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by:
Closed Thread