Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 09-10-2006, 04:05 PM   #16
exit
I brick open layups

exit has no real reputation yet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerm
Nah man but tell your girl I can lay the pipe.

yeah right :rollingeyes:
exit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2006, 04:06 PM   #17
Zombles
Local High School Star

Zombles has decent reputation

Cro Cop's really come a long way since his early days, but he did have the advantage of fighting a smaller Wanderlei and a exhausted/battered Barnett; which was bull**** anyways, Nogueira should have gotten the nod.

Not really surprising though, Silva's madly overrated, he throws a lot of sloppy looping punches and can get tagged by a good counter puncher(coughLiddellcough) or in this case a good counter-kicker. He doesn't have much of a ground game other than stomps that don't land and trying to mount. Guy's mostly rep and fear factor. Glad to see the Croatian brutalize him.

Cro Cop's a great fighter, but his stamina isn't GREAT, he got outstruck by Mark Hunt, Fedor whooped his ass standing + on the ground, and he got submitted by Nogueira. Still, he’s better than he’s ever been before, he just lacks the all-around game, and even his strikes can’t knock out guys like the ones I mentioned.

Fedor Emilianko is unreal, on another plain of existence from these guys. I mean Nogueira and Cro Cop would be world champions at any other time, any other organization, and they both just got dominated.
Zombles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2006, 04:07 PM   #18
TMacsOneGoodEye
College star

TMacsOneGoodEye is popular on this boardTMacsOneGoodEye is popular on this boardTMacsOneGoodEye is popular on this boardTMacsOneGoodEye is popular on this board

Quote:
Originally Posted by hateraid
TMOGE, did that just happen today?

I question your theory Silva killing Liddell. I think fighting in pride humbled him ( Liddell), and took back with him something that makes his game unstoppable, his takedown defense. I can't see Silva being as good of a striker, and Liddell is on point right now. I do think Cro Cop and liddell would be an insane blood bath.

It happened about 2am this morning. I think Wandy and Chuck would be a good fight but I think ultimately Silva would take it. As for Cro Cop and Chuck? Not a match. Cro Cop does everything Chuck does (counter punches, striking, sprawl, etc) but does it better. Not to mention he's bigger than Chuck. It would end quick. The only person who can beat Cro Cop these days is Fedor and with how rusty he is, I think their next match is gonna go to Cro Cop. The guy is just on another level right now.
TMacsOneGoodEye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2006, 04:11 PM   #19
ilovethemavz
I airball my layups

ilovethemavz has no real reputation yet.

Where can I watch the Mirko/Wandy fight at???
ilovethemavz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2006, 04:12 PM   #20
TMacsOneGoodEye
College star

TMacsOneGoodEye is popular on this boardTMacsOneGoodEye is popular on this boardTMacsOneGoodEye is popular on this boardTMacsOneGoodEye is popular on this board

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zombles
Cro Cop's really come a long way since his early days, but he did have the advantage of fighting a smaller Wanderlei and a exhausted/battered Barnett; which was bull**** anyways, Nogueira should have gotten the nod.

Not really surprising though, Silva's madly overrated, he throws a lot of sloppy looping punches and can get tagged by a good counter puncher(coughLiddellcough) or in this case a good counter-kicker. He doesn't have much of a ground game other than stomps that don't land and trying to mount. Guy's mostly rep and fear factor. Glad to see the Croatian brutalize him.

Cro Cop's a great fighter, but his stamina isn't GREAT, he got outstruck by Mark Hunt, Fedor whooped his ass standing + on the ground, and he got submitted by Nogueira. Still, heís better than heís ever been before, he just lacks the all-around game, and even his strikes canít knock out guys like the ones I mentioned.

Fedor Emilianko is unreal, on another plain of existence from these guys. I mean Nogueira and Cro Cop would be world champions at any other time, any other organization, and they both just got dominated.

I don't know, man. Cro Cop is just on another level right now. He used to dominate but get close and then lose right before the title. He passed a major hurdle this morning. I see it as Jordan getting past the Pistons. He's just on another level right now.

And With Fedor being hurt (his repaired hand could cause problems) and rusty it's just tought to predict what will happen. The first time they fought Fedor won easily, but that was a different Cro Cop than the one we are seeing right now. I think it'd be a great fight and it's the one I'm anticipating the most (even moreso than Hughes VS Penn/GSP)
Old 09-10-2006, 04:13 PM   #21
TMacsOneGoodEye
College star

Quote:
Originally Posted by ilovethemavz
Where can I watch the Mirko/Wandy fight at???

I was lucky and got a dl at sherdog early this morning. It was deleted within 1 minute. I just happened to be at the right place at the right time.
Old 09-10-2006, 04:20 PM   #22
exit
I brick open layups

Quote:

what's sad about silva's loss is the way he was knocked out. he knew that mirko likes to kick high and yet he wasn't prepared for it. to make it worse did you know that silva was trained under muay thai chute boxe academy? sad.
Old 09-10-2006, 04:21 PM   #23
Zombles
Local High School Star

Zombles has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by TMacsOneGoodEye
I don't know, man. Cro Cop is just on another level right now. He used to dominate but get close and then lose right before the title. He passed a major hurdle this morning. I see it as Jordan getting past the Pistons. He's just on another level right now.

And With Fedor being hurt (his repaired hand could cause problems) and rusty it's just tought to predict what will happen. The first time they fought Fedor won easily, but that was a different Cro Cop than the one we are seeing right now. I think it'd be a great fight and it's the one I'm anticipating the most (even moreso than Hughes VS Penn/GSP)

That's true, Fedor hasn't fought in 9 months; he'll probably have some ring rust. I just think if they do fight it will be a replay of the first fight, Fedor will keep advancing not letting Cro Cop plant for the leg kick, and he'll dominate the ground game. I really can't see the Croatian getting around it unless he manages to outstrike Fedor with his fists.

But yeah, the fight should be awesome, as will Hughs/Penn. The champions have dominated for so long it's hard to see them losing, but I reckon it's coming for both of them sooner rather than later.
Zombles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2006, 04:32 PM   #24
TMacsOneGoodEye
College star

Quote:
Originally Posted by exit
what's sad about silva's loss is the way he was knocked out. he knew that mirko likes to kick high and yet he wasn't prepared for it. to make it worse did you know that silva was trained under muay thai chute boxe academy? sad.

To be fair, Cro Cop completly closed Wandys eye so he really couldn't see the kick coming, if he didn't have his eye swollen he would have seen it coming and probably could have defended it better.
Old 09-10-2006, 04:37 PM   #25
exit
I brick open layups

Quote:
To be fair, Cro Cop completly closed Wandys eye so he really couldn't see the kick coming, if he didn't have his eye swollen he would have seen it coming and probably could have defended it better.

ah my bad if that's the case. i gotta see the replay.
Old 09-11-2006, 01:43 PM   #26
fatboy11
NBA sixth man of the year

fatboy11 is a pretty well-respected posterfatboy11 is a pretty well-respected posterfatboy11 is a pretty well-respected poster

Fedor will get rid of his ring rust against Coleman in October. He ain't losing anytime soon........

And TMOGE, you said that Cro Cop is on another level right now. So is Chuck Liddell. I used to think that Wandy would wreck Liddell, but I'm not so sure now. Watching that Cro Cop/Wandy fight makes me want to see Chuck and Wandy fight even more.

Chuck doesn't fight cans like Wandy and Cro Cop have been fed throughout the past few years. Really, when was the last time Chuck fought a can? It's been years.

I'd like to see Chuck fight both Cro Cop and Wandy. They're all about the same really. Only difference is that Cro Cop really doesn't have to cut much weight and the other two do.
fatboy11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2006, 01:44 PM   #27
fatboy11
NBA sixth man of the year

fatboy11 is a pretty well-respected posterfatboy11 is a pretty well-respected posterfatboy11 is a pretty well-respected poster

Quote:
Well, I guess Wandy should have defended that jab that closed his eye then, huh?

I thought the fight was over after Cro Cop dropped him there.
fatboy11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2006, 11:57 PM   #28
nawsanenawmean
I brick open layups

nawsanenawmean has an OK reputation so far

I was told that Mike Tyson joined Pride Fighting? Is that true? I don't watch it all that often, only ever so often, but if so, a Mike Tyson vs Bob Sapp matchup would be awesome.
nawsanenawmean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2006, 03:17 AM   #29
hateraid
Is it in you?

hateraid is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhateraid is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhateraid is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhateraid is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhateraid is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhateraid is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhateraid is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhateraid is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhateraid is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhateraid is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhateraid is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by fatboy11
Fedor will get rid of his ring rust against Coleman in October. He ain't losing anytime soon........

And TMOGE, you said that Cro Cop is on another level right now. So is Chuck Liddell. I used to think that Wandy would wreck Liddell, but I'm not so sure now. Watching that Cro Cop/Wandy fight makes me want to see Chuck and Wandy fight even more.

Chuck doesn't fight cans like Wandy and Cro Cop have been fed throughout the past few years. Really, when was the last time Chuck fought a can? It's been years.

I'd like to see Chuck fight both Cro Cop and Wandy. They're all about the same really. Only difference is that Cro Cop really doesn't have to cut much weight and the other two do.

i'd have to agree with ya there. Liddell is definately on another level now. His counter punching is so unbeleivably deceptive and quick with great knockout power. I though Ranato was well prepared for this brawl, but apperantly not.
I also have to agree with Cro Cop taking Liddell easily. After seeing some of the footage with Silva, I say, size does matter. Plus that humongous power kick gives hime the reach advantage and a weapon that Liddell has never really gone up against( well, at least not at UFC).
I'm a fan of Cheito Kongo and Cairo Parysian right now. I like the potential of these two. I'm glad Parysian didn't fight Hughes when he was supposed to. i thnik he should get more MMA experience. But he has the best counterthrow I've seen in that class.
hateraid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2006, 03:19 AM   #30
LakersDynasty
Very good NBA starter

LakersDynasty has a terrific reputationLakersDynasty has a terrific reputationLakersDynasty has a terrific reputationLakersDynasty has a terrific reputationLakersDynasty has a terrific reputationLakersDynasty has a terrific reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by nawsanenawmean
I was told that Mike Tyson joined Pride Fighting? Is that true? I don't watch it all that often, only ever so often, but if so, a Mike Tyson vs Bob Sapp matchup would be awesome.
He'd get killed fighting against those guys.
However, if he was able to get 1 good shot at them, game over.
LakersDynasty is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: