Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 09-12-2006, 11:36 AM   #31
fatboy11
NBA sixth man of the year

fatboy11 is a pretty well-respected posterfatboy11 is a pretty well-respected posterfatboy11 is a pretty well-respected poster

Mike Tyson signed with Pride to do boxing exhibitions only. As of right now, he's not going to do any kind of real boxing/fighting. And Bob Sapp is still technically under contract with K-1 even though he walked out of the last event he was scheduled for.

Hateraid, I'm a big Cheick Kongo fan as well. Really, I'm a fan of any man who throws vicious knees like that from the clinch. Love it. I think he'll make noise in a weak UFC heavyweight division.
fatboy11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2006, 02:01 PM   #32
hateraid
Is it in you?

hateraid is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhateraid is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhateraid is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhateraid is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhateraid is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhateraid is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhateraid is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhateraid is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhateraid is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhateraid is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhateraid is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by fatboy11
Mike Tyson signed with Pride to do boxing exhibitions only. As of right now, he's not going to do any kind of real boxing/fighting. And Bob Sapp is still technically under contract with K-1 even though he walked out of the last event he was scheduled for.

Hateraid, I'm a big Cheick Kongo fan as well. Really, I'm a fan of any man who throws vicious knees like that from the clinch. Love it. I think he'll make noise in a weak UFC heavyweight division.

That's the spelling. Totally a big fan. He's going to bring Muay Thai back in style. He's a big hitter and speed. Well suited to kill Tim Sylvia and his counter punching.
Same reason I love Caro. His Judo technique is superior. I love these traditional style coming back.
hateraid is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2006, 02:10 PM   #33
fatboy11

fatboy11 is a pretty well-respected posterfatboy11 is a pretty well-respected posterfatboy11 is a pretty well-respected poster

That was pretty sweet when Parisyan threw Diego Sanchez on his head.

Last edited by fatboy11 : 09-12-2006 at 02:13 PM.
Old 09-12-2006, 04:29 PM   #34
Zombles
Local High School Star

Zombles has decent reputation

Quote:
That was pretty sweet when Parisyan threw Diego Sanchez on his head.

It was even sweeter when Diego's knee knocked out one of Parisyan's teeth from the clinch.
Zombles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2006, 05:19 PM   #35
fatboy11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zombles
It was even sweeter when Diego's knee knocked out one of Parisyan's teeth from the clinch.
Yeah, it was but it turned out to be like a wooden tooth that was already loose and about to come. That's what Karo said in a post fight interview, anyway.

It hurt me to bet against Karo that night because I'm a big fan of his, but he has trouble finishing people.
Old 09-13-2006, 02:13 AM   #36
hateraid
Is it in you?

hateraid is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhateraid is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhateraid is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhateraid is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhateraid is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhateraid is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhateraid is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhateraid is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhateraid is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhateraid is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhateraid is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Yeah, it was but it turned out to be like a wooden tooth that was already loose and about to come. That's what Karo said in a post fight interview, anyway.

It hurt me to bet against Karo that night because I'm a big fan of his, but he has trouble finishing people.

I know what you mean. He's sloppy on the stand up, and has no knock out power. He'll win most of his point on takedowns and reverses. I like when he gets the guy on the floor and goes over the top with a punch. If this guy works on his stand-up, he could be unstoppable. Hey fatboy, is Caro slated for the next UFC? Is Rampage-Liddell going to happen? Did I ever tell ya I partied with Chuck at a Xcience promotion party?
hateraid is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2006, 08:15 AM   #37
fatboy11

Karo isn't scheduled for any upcoming UFC events. I haven't read anything. He might have some injuries to take care of and he might have received a medical suspension from his fight with Diego. I'd expect to see him by the end of the year, though.

Dana White said that Rampage will be in the UFC. Probably in 2007. He said it was going to happen. It will, too. All they have to do is pay him and, after Tito, they'll be out of opponents for Chuck (well, I'm sure Forrest will fight him too). They'll have to pony up for that one. Especially if they can't bring Wandy in.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: