Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Atlanta Hawks Forum

Atlanta Hawks Forum Atlanta Hawks message board - atlanta hawks fan forum

Old 08-15-2006, 07:31 PM   #1
frankthetank966
I hit open layups

frankthetank966 has an OK reputation so far
Default Time to Trade Chill...

With the recent acqusition of Lorenzon Wright do they Hawks need to keep Josh Chilldress? They are now extremly over-crowed with the SF position and I can see the Hawks trading Chill to get another PG or "pure" SG.
frankthetank966 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2006, 11:09 AM   #2
doinitbig06
Good High School Starter

doinitbig06 is starting to rub some people the wrong way

Quote:
Originally Posted by frankthetank966
With the recent acqusition of Lorenzon Wright do they Hawks need to keep Josh Chilldress? They are now extremly over-crowed with the SF position and I can see the Hawks trading Chill to get another PG or "pure" SG.

Lorenzen Wright is a 7" CENTER who will probably start this season, Josh Childress is a weird, but pure SG who plays behind Joe Johnson. Josh Smith, Marvin Williams, and Sheldon Williams are all more than capable SF's who might get some PF time too. naw for real im excited about next season tho, here's what we'll have:

PG Claxton/Lue/Stoudemire
SG Johnson/Childress/Ivey
SF Smith/Williams/Williams
PF Pachulia/Batistia
C Wright/ Edwards

if our coach is any decent, he'll have the sense to let us get about 40 wins

Last edited by insidehoops : 09-03-2006 at 11:48 PM.
doinitbig06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2006, 04:03 PM   #3
Rapsfan4life
Great young streetballer

Rapsfan4life has an OK reputation so far

Chill will get interest from many teams. I think it will would best for him and the team if he was moved.
Rapsfan4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2006, 06:48 AM   #4
TRapsFan4Lyf
I brick open layups

TRapsFan4Lyf has an OK reputation so far

edwards is going to indiana along wit baby al.

and josh childress is a good player, especially to back up JJ.

i think marvin williams ought to get traded, possibly with another player for troy hudson (if hes healthy) plus eddie griffin
TRapsFan4Lyf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2006, 10:42 PM   #5
frankthetank966
I hit open layups

frankthetank966 has an OK reputation so far

if that dude ever watched hawks game he would have some basketball knowledge. Anyways there are many reasons why we should trade Chilldress. First off the starting PG will be Speedy as of now. The starting SG will be JJ, SF J-Smoove, PF and Center are very tough to decide right now. It could be M. Williams/Pachulia, Shelden/Pachulia, Pachulia/Wright.... When JJ is playing PG the hawks will most likely put in Salim who is a better shooter and is faster than chilldress. The Hawks tempo is fast and atheletic. Salim is fast and athletic and can drain the 3 ball while Chill is athletic but he does not really have a signature shot.
frankthetank966 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2006, 03:30 AM   #6
chains5000
From Out Of Nowhere

chains5000 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablechains5000 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablechains5000 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablechains5000 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablechains5000 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablechains5000 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablechains5000 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablechains5000 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablechains5000 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablechains5000 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablechains5000 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
No way
chains5000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2006, 12:07 PM   #7
PFunk
Kids at the park dunk on me

PFunk has no real reputation yet.
Default positions

first off..

claxton PG
lue PG
ivey PG
stoudamire PG/SG
johnson PG/SG/SF
childress SG/SF
smith SF mabe PF
s.williams PF/C
m.williams PF/SF
pachulia PF/C
wright C/PF
batista PF/SF
PFunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2006, 02:36 PM   #8
BullsBigMan29
I hit open 5-footers

BullsBigMan29 has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by doinitbig06
the f*ck are u talkin about, r u f*cking stupid or sumthin? u dnt even kno what the f*ck ur talkin about, play some nba live, do some research, pay attention to what the f*ck is going on, u incompetent fool. lemme let u feel stupid real quick, u already should. Lorenzen Wright is a 7" CENTER who will probably start this season, Josh Childress is a weird, but pure SG who plays behind Joe Johnson, u f*cking fool. Josh Smith, Marvin Williams, and Sheldon Williams are all more than capable SF's who might get some PF time too. naw for real im excited about next season tho, here's what we'll have:

PG Claxton/Lue/Stoudemire
SG Johnson/Childress/Ivey
SF Smith/Williams/Williams
PF Pachulia/Batistia
C Wright/ Edwards

Bulls fan here...Can you justify starting ZaZa Pachulia, I like his playing though, at power forward and not "The Landlord" (ie: Shelden Williams)?

If the Hawks do trade Childress, I can see him going to Charlotte to be a starter with Gerald Wallace. Or to a team that needs a small forward or a big shooting guard. Orlando would take him because well, will Grant Hill ever play again?

Other than that to the Hawks and all fans good luck this season. Question, weren't you guys supposed to have a big man dance team?
BullsBigMan29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2006, 03:14 PM   #9
PFunk
Kids at the park dunk on me

PFunk has no real reputation yet.

being a bucks fan, i got to watch zaza the year before he went to the hawks. he should def. start up front. it's a hard call cuz they do have wright and sheldon who can be centers. i would start marvin williams and play zaza next to him. that wouldn't be much shot blocking, but that's what sheldon and lorenzen can help with...
PFunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2006, 03:21 AM   #10
T21
I brick open layups

T21 has an OK reputation so far

I don't think so! Chill is gonna have a great year, he will back both 2 and 3 and average 30 minutes per game... I expect him to average 11 ppg, 6 rpg, 3 assts, 2 stls, create lots of opportunities and missmatches on the offensive end, while playing great D...
Anyway, it is too early to make any decisions in reference to Chill, Smoove or Marvin. Many teams will be interested to acquire them, but Hawks should be patient and see how things develop...
T21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2006, 05:07 PM   #11
tgwillie63
Can barely lace up my sneakers

tgwillie63 has an OK reputation so far

Portland would love to have Chill, but have no one that Atlanta might want for him. I see Atlanta keeping him anyhow.
tgwillie63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2006, 10:09 AM   #12
irimus
I airball my layups

irimus has an OK reputation so far

josh chil+lue for aldridge?
irimus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2006, 02:06 PM   #13
tgwillie63
Can barely lace up my sneakers

tgwillie63 has an OK reputation so far

Blazers are not going to trade Aldridge, Roy, Jack, Webster, Pryzbilla, or Sergio Rodriguez, so unless a trade can be made for whats left then no deal. I don't think Atlanta is interested in whats left although they should be, so lets just forget about a trade with Portland.
tgwillie63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2006, 01:20 PM   #14
indenial
Banned

indenial has not been impressing people

Travis Outlaw for Josh Childress.
indenial is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: