Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 09-03-2006, 09:48 PM   #1
HaNdLe ThE RoCk
NBA All-star

Default NY Yankees = #1

we have too much to lose, a-rod is finaly back to the old arod hitting 4 homeruns in two games and having 5 rbi's today, no one will stop us this year..can someone say subway series mets vs yankees

Abreu
Damon
Matsui
Sheffield
Giambi
Cano
Jeter
Arod
Posada

Johnson
Wang
Wright
Mussina
Mo Rivera
HaNdLe ThE RoCk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2006, 10:17 PM   #2
Timmeh
Yes, I am a dick.

my girlfriend was at the twins-yanks game today. I wonder if she got on tv. she was right behind the twins dugout
Timmeh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2006, 11:17 PM   #3
brwnman

Yankees to me are the favourites to win the World Series, I mean if either Matsui/Sheff come back healthy, the 9th batter in their line-up will be Robinson Cano, I mean c'mon... that is a joke, we need a hard cap at 100 mil. in baseball, coz if there wont be a hard cap there will be a lockout... Cano in any other line-up would prob. be in the first six spot of a line-up...
brwnman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2006, 12:13 AM   #4
HaNdLe ThE RoCk
NBA All-star

Quote:
Originally Posted by brwnman
Yankees to me are the favourites to win the World Series, I mean if either Matsui/Sheff come back healthy, the 9th batter in their line-up will be Robinson Cano, I mean c'mon... that is a joke, we need a hard cap at 100 mil. in baseball, coz if there wont be a hard cap there will be a lockout... Cano in any other line-up would prob. be in the first six spot of a line-up...

Thank You Finally Someone Understands...
Old 09-04-2006, 12:14 AM   #5
HaNdLe ThE RoCk
NBA All-star

our pitching is getting better and is enough to win the world series, scott proctor, mike myers, villone and kyle farnsworth is enough to win a w.s. and our close is mo (the best) our battling lineup is lethal !!
Old 09-04-2006, 12:32 AM   #6
albertpujols
High School Varsity 6th Man

That team is stacked. It sucks for the other teams in the same division (eg Red Sox). Boston fans must be pissed as hell right now.

:rollingeyes:
albertpujols is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2006, 12:37 AM   #7
9spurs
Serious playground baller

NY
9spurs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2006, 12:47 AM   #8
Qwyjibo
Yankee.Hotel.Foxtrot

Quote:
That team is stacked. It sucks for the other teams in the same division (eg Red Sox). Boston fans must be pissed as hell right now.

Boston has only themselves to blame... and their shyt management. $120 and you DON'T make the playoffs??? That's pathetic.

Golden boy Theo bombed badly this past offseason and this year. Trading away Renteria who was a waste of money in the first place, Marte for Crisp, Bard/Meredith for Mirabelli, no relief help whatsoever, letting Arroyo go (although this one still has a shot to work out in the long-run)...

Some truly awful moves in there.
Qwyjibo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2006, 12:53 AM   #9
albertpujols
High School Varsity 6th Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qwyjibo
Boston has only themselves to blame... and their shyt management. $120 and you DON'T make the playoffs??? That's pathetic.

Golden boy Theo bombed badly this past offseason and this year. Trading away Renteria who was a waste of money in the first place, Marte for Crisp, Bard/Meredith for Mirabelli, no relief help whatsoever, letting Arroyo go (although this one still has a shot to work out in the long-run)...

Some truly awful moves in there.

Well yeah, was proven by their record which was extremely bad last month, was the worst in the entire league. What was it like 8-20?
albertpujols is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2006, 01:24 AM   #10
boceltballa
I hit open layups

Everyone is getting injured. Next one to go is the manager Terry Francona. Wow I'm worried about this team. Boston fans have to be prepared to deal with the most likely situation which is missing the playoffs. I'm looking toward next season, but I still haven't given up yet.

It takes time for any athlete to get used to Boston. You still can't judge Coco yet until he's played a second year. He has a better arm than Damon, oh wait did Damon even have an arm? That's not saying much but I think he has potential. As for the Arroyo for Pena deal, I love it. I personally call Wily Mo the right handed Big Papi. He isn't having that bad of a year and probably a good one. When this guy is on, he'll give you some big production. If the Red Sox had kept Arroyo, add about 1.50 ERA to his current one and that's what it would've been in the AL (according to one of the ESPN analysts).

The keys to the Red Sox losing is mostly the injuries but even more the bullpen. Theo has to acquire quality arms for the bullpen in the offseason. He also has to sign a starting pitcher.

Anyone know if that guy who pitched well in the WBC from Japan is coming to the MLB next season?
boceltballa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2006, 12:58 PM   #11
mlh1981
Reds/Bengals/Cavs

Default re:

my biggest fear is the New York Yankees winning the world series. I think my nightmare is about to come true. There is no "team of destiny" out there that can stop them. Maybe the Twins, but they have to make the playoffs first. A rotation of Santana, Liriana, and Radke could do the job (assuming the last two are healthy--which is a big if). Other than that, no other team has the pitching to stop this lineup.
mlh1981 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2006, 01:07 PM   #12
Starbury4MVP
Banned

No

NY Mets = #1

We'll let our 06 World Series trophie speak for itself, and our best players

Carlos Beltran (MVP)
David Wright (great young player, MVP candidate)
Jose Reyes (see David Wright)
Carlos Delgado (great HR hitter, good 1st baseman)
Pedro Martinez (great pitcher)
Starbury4MVP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2006, 01:44 PM   #13
Qwyjibo
Yankee.Hotel.Foxtrot

I say Yankees over Dodgers 4-1 in the WS.

I really don't want an AL team to win but the NL is just way too pathetic this year to pick.
Qwyjibo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2006, 01:54 PM   #14
ZHAKIDD532
#hellobrooklyn

I see the Subway Series. Yanks/Mets

I have no idea who'd win, but thats gonna be awesome.

I am a Met fan, so I'd have to go with the Mets...
ZHAKIDD532 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2006, 05:19 PM   #15
HaNdLe ThE RoCk
NBA All-star

Mets don't have the pitching to stop the yankees, it's going to be over

Pedro
Glavine
Wagner

That's the only threat, the dodgers don't have that much pitching besides maddox, lowe and gagne

yankees = champs

im not going to lie i was worried about boston knowing if they make the playoffs there pitching might be the only one to stop us but after watchin the 5 game series there pitchin couldnt stop us

series with the royals start tonight at 8
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: