Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 09-11-2006, 05:05 PM   #16
pgm
I hit open layups
 
pgm's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Delaware
Posts: 115
pgm has an OK reputation so far
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by HaNdLe ThE RoCk
we would have scored, we would have pushed the ball down the field like every other play, the colts d could not stop us that push off and all the stupid calls cost us the game, we'll see them in the superbowl

1. Prove that the Giants would have scored. If the Colts D could not stop the Giants offense, the Giants would have scored even with the BS call. Instead, Eli through a pick. The call did not directly decide the game, so therefore it did not lose the game. It didn't take a TD away. I just took away a big completion. The Giants would also have had more time if Shockey had stepped out of bounds. That contributed to some problems.

2. The Colts won't be in the Superbowl. The Giants have exposed their weak defense and mediocre running game.
pgm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2006, 05:31 PM   #17
HaNdLe ThE RoCk
NBA All-star
 
HaNdLe ThE RoCk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: the garden
Posts: 9,414
HaNdLe ThE RoCk has decent reputationHaNdLe ThE RoCk has decent reputation
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by pgm
1. Prove that the Giants would have scored. If the Colts D could not stop the Giants offense, the Giants would have scored even with the BS call. Instead, Eli through a pick. The call did not directly decide the game, so therefore it did not lose the game. It didn't take a TD away. I just took away a big completion. The Giants would also have had more time if Shockey had stepped out of bounds. That contributed to some problems.

2. The Colts won't be in the Superbowl. The Giants have exposed their weak defense and mediocre running game.

DID YOU WATCH THE GAME? the giants were driving after that shockey touchdown, the colts D couldnt stop the run or the passing, Eli's intereception was based on that stupid call that forced eli to rush his throw in the endzone so he had to throw it if they didnt call the call Tiki would have ran over the D just like he has been all game, Giants are a Contender..did you watch espn today? they even said giants would have won if they didnt make that call and they also said giants are a superbowl contender and is a favorite to win the NFC
HaNdLe ThE RoCk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2006, 05:31 PM   #18
lebron_zoom
Great young streetballer
 
lebron_zoom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: tiger airways
Posts: 428
lebron_zoom has an OK reputation so far
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by HaNdLe ThE RoCk
Freeney had 0 Tackles
umm no offence but ive checked 2 sources so far and ive seen them all listed as freeney getting 1 tackle, can u send me a link to were u found out this info please?
lebron_zoom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2006, 05:38 PM   #19
lebron_zoom
Great young streetballer
 
lebron_zoom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: tiger airways
Posts: 428
lebron_zoom has an OK reputation so far
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by HaNdLe ThE RoCk
DID YOU WATCH THE GAME? the giants were driving after that shockey touchdown, the colts D couldnt stop the run or the passing, Eli's intereception was based on that stupid call that forced eli to rush his throw in the endzone so he had to throw it if they didnt call the call Tiki would have ran over the D just like he has been all game, Giants are a Contender..did you watch espn today? they even said giants would have won if they didnt make that call and they also said giants are a superbowl contender and is a favorite to win the NFC

woo woo woo, back the truck up, it was definately more of a pivot point then what pgm made it out to be but it definately wasnt a sure game decider, id say there was 30% that theyd get a TD if the "penalty" didnt happen and about 15% that it did, it gave them a better chance but I mean cmon, they still had a way to go and like a minute on the clock... I understand were ur coming from though, in b-ball games if my teams even down by like 10 and theres a dumb call with like 2minutes left id always think to myself "if that stupid call didnt happen we woulda won".
lebron_zoom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2006, 05:51 PM   #20
pgm
I hit open layups
 
pgm's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Delaware
Posts: 115
pgm has an OK reputation so far
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by HaNdLe ThE RoCk
DID YOU WATCH THE GAME? the giants were driving after that shockey touchdown, the colts D couldnt stop the run or the passing, Eli's intereception was based on that stupid call that forced eli to rush his throw in the endzone so he had to throw it if they didnt call the call Tiki would have ran over the D just like he has been all game, Giants are a Contender..did you watch espn today? they even said giants would have won if they didnt make that call and they also said giants are a superbowl contender and is a favorite to win the NFC

1. I never said the Giants aren't a contender. I said I don't believe the Colts will make the Superbowl. I think the Giants have a better chance to make the Superbowl than the Colts because of the relatively weak NFC.

2. The call certainly hurt the Giants a lot. But with the game on the line, there's no way to know the Colts wouldn't have stepped things up after that. There's no way to know that Peyton wouldn't have taken the ball right down field if the Giants had scored (not likely, but not impossible). It's impossible to predict things that well in football.

I thought the Giants would still score a TD even after the Offensive Pass Interference call. It was Eli's pick that killed the Giants.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lebron_zoom
woo woo woo, back the truck up, it was definately more of a pivot point then what pgm made it out to be but it definately wasnt a sure game decider

I think it was a key moment in the game, but not bigger than Eli's interception.
pgm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2006, 05:57 PM   #21
lebron_zoom
Great young streetballer
 
lebron_zoom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: tiger airways
Posts: 428
lebron_zoom has an OK reputation so far
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by pgm
it did not lose the game.

im just saying that somewere inbetween the two of yours comments is how much of a decision maker the penalty was
lebron_zoom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2006, 07:54 PM   #22
HaNdLe ThE RoCk
NBA All-star
 
HaNdLe ThE RoCk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: the garden
Posts: 9,414
HaNdLe ThE RoCk has decent reputationHaNdLe ThE RoCk has decent reputation
Default

http://www.nfl.com/gamecenter/gamebo...060910_IND@NYG
HaNdLe ThE RoCk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2006, 07:54 PM   #23
HaNdLe ThE RoCk
NBA All-star
 
HaNdLe ThE RoCk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: the garden
Posts: 9,414
HaNdLe ThE RoCk has decent reputationHaNdLe ThE RoCk has decent reputation
Default

Freeney had 1 ASSIST and 0 TACKLES
HaNdLe ThE RoCk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2006, 07:57 PM   #24
HaNdLe ThE RoCk
NBA All-star
 
HaNdLe ThE RoCk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: the garden
Posts: 9,414
HaNdLe ThE RoCk has decent reputationHaNdLe ThE RoCk has decent reputation
Default

Quote:
I mean cmon, they still had a way to go and like a minute on the clock...

you didn't watch the game, look at that statement you just made, wow there was 4 minutes on the clock, not 1 minite 4 minutes!! geezzz
HaNdLe ThE RoCk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2006, 07:58 PM   #25
HaNdLe ThE RoCk
NBA All-star
 
HaNdLe ThE RoCk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: the garden
Posts: 9,414
HaNdLe ThE RoCk has decent reputationHaNdLe ThE RoCk has decent reputation
Default

Quote:
1. I never said the Giants aren't a contender. I said I don't believe the Colts will make the Superbowl. I think the Giants have a better chance to make the Superbowl than the Colts because of the relatively weak NFC.

i'll give you 3 of the best in the NFC you give me 3 of the best in the AFC and the NFC is better

1. Seahawks
2. Giants
3. Panthers

vs

1. Colts
2. Steelers
3. Toss up (Bengals)
HaNdLe ThE RoCk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2006, 11:24 PM   #26
lebron_zoom
Great young streetballer
 
lebron_zoom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: tiger airways
Posts: 428
lebron_zoom has an OK reputation so far
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by HaNdLe ThE RoCk
you didn't watch the game, look at that statement you just made, wow there was 4 minutes on the clock, not 1 minite 4 minutes!! geezzz

umm its called exageration and an assist is included in tackle totals... he basically made a tackle
lebron_zoom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2006, 11:26 PM   #27
lebron_zoom
Great young streetballer
 
lebron_zoom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: tiger airways
Posts: 428
lebron_zoom has an OK reputation so far
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by HaNdLe ThE RoCk
Wide Reciever - Colts

Running Back - Giants

QB- Right now Peyton (Eli Tonight)

Tight End - Giants

D Line - Giants

Line backers - Giants

Secondary - Giants/Colts Toss up

Special Teams - Giants
yea, you also forgot kickers, which goes to the colts clearly, just thought id throw that one in too...
lebron_zoom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2006, 12:00 AM   #28
HaNdLe ThE RoCk
NBA All-star
 
HaNdLe ThE RoCk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: the garden
Posts: 9,414
HaNdLe ThE RoCk has decent reputationHaNdLe ThE RoCk has decent reputation
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by lebron_zoom
yea, you also forgot kickers, which goes to the colts clearly, just thought id throw that one in too...

then lets put in punters which the giants are better in and kick return and punt return
HaNdLe ThE RoCk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2006, 12:01 AM   #29
HaNdLe ThE RoCk
NBA All-star
 
HaNdLe ThE RoCk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: the garden
Posts: 9,414
HaNdLe ThE RoCk has decent reputationHaNdLe ThE RoCk has decent reputation
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by lebron_zoom
umm its called exageration and an assist is included in tackle totals... he basically made a tackle

no its not under tackles it says 0 so he has 0 on the season and 1 assist, freeney was getting blocked that's not nyg fault, anyways its call exageration but dont use it when im explaining how much times on the clock which is 4 minutes and you say 1 minute, that's 3 minute different in 3 minutes so much can happen
HaNdLe ThE RoCk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2006, 12:14 AM   #30
lebron_zoom
Great young streetballer
 
lebron_zoom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: tiger airways
Posts: 428
lebron_zoom has an OK reputation so far
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by HaNdLe ThE RoCk
no its not under tackles it says 0 so he has 0 on the season and 1 assist, freeney was getting blocked that's not nyg fault, anyways its call exageration but dont use it when im explaining how much times on the clock which is 4 minutes and you say 1 minute, that's 3 minute different in 3 minutes so much can happen

umm havent you heard the term "ooh ive done that a million times" when maybe theyve done something like 10times, thats over 900,000 off but your blaming me for exagerating on 3 minutes

also let me break it down for you, if a player gets an assisted tackle, it is added to his "total tackles" list, and if a player gets a normal tackle it is also added to his "total tackles" list
lebron_zoom is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by:
Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 06:17 PM.




NBA Basketball Forum Key Links:
InsideHoops Home
NBA Rumors
Basketball Blog
NBA Daily Recaps
NBA Videos
Fantasy Basketball
NBA Mock Draft
NBA Free Agents
All-Star Weekend
---
High School Basketball
Streetball
---
InsideHoops Twitter
Search Our Site













Powered by vBulletin Version 3.5.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd. Terms of Use/Service | Privacy Policy