Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Toronto Raptors Forum

Toronto Raptors Forum Toronto Raptors message board - Toronto Raptors forum

Old 10-31-2008, 08:55 AM   #1
HalphbreedBaller
High School JV MVP

HalphbreedBaller has an OK reputation so far
Default Al Harrington

What would it take to get big Al to play for the raptors?

Kapono? or Parker? + Joey & our # 1 pick?

AB & Joey works as well!!

Al has been known to play SG SF & PF + his 3point shooting has vastly improved!

The Warriors are in the VC postion right now.

Toronto Trade Breakdown
Change in Team Outlook: -6.0 ppg, +3.0 rpg, and +3.0 apg.
Incoming Players
Al Harrington
6-9 PF / SF from St. Patrick's (HS)
13.0 ppg, 7.0 rpg, 3.0 apg in 42.1 minutes
Outgoing Players
Joey Graham
6-7 SF from Oklahoma State
4.0 ppg, 2.0 rpg, 0.0 apg in 8.8 minutes
Jason Kapono
6-8 SF from UCLA
15.0 ppg, 2.0 rpg, 0.0 apg in 23.9 minutes
Golden State Trade Breakdown
Change in Team Outlook: +6.0 ppg, -3.0 rpg, and -3.0 apg.
Incoming Players
Joey Graham
6-7 SF from Oklahoma State
4.0 ppg, 2.0 rpg, 0.0 apg in 8.8 minutes
Jason Kapono
6-8 SF from UCLA
15.0 ppg, 2.0 rpg, 0.0 apg in 23.9 minutes
Outgoing Players
Al Harrington
6-9 PF / SF from St. Patrick's (HS)
13.0 ppg, 7.0 rpg, 3.0 apg in 42.1 minutes

Successful Trade Scenario
Congratulations on a successful trade.
Due to Toronto and Golden State being over the cap, the 25% trade rule is invoked. Toronto and Golden State had to be no more than 125% plus $100,000 of the salary given out for the trade to be accepted, which did happen here. This trade satisfies the provisions of the Collective Bargaining Agreement.

Plus Al and JO are good friends!

Just a thought.
HalphbreedBaller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2008, 10:15 AM   #2
Dr.Funk
Decent college freshman

Dr.Funk has decent reputationDr.Funk has decent reputation
Default Re: Al Harrington

I'd rather keep Joey Graham if Al Harrington is the player coming back.
Dr.Funk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2008, 10:41 AM   #3
Chamberlain
Riggin' for Wiggins!

Chamberlain has a terrific reputationChamberlain has a terrific reputationChamberlain has a terrific reputationChamberlain has a terrific reputationChamberlain has a terrific reputation

Rather Joey than Harrington?

That's a pretty bold statement. Al Harrington plays with a lot of energy and has a good face up game, and has the ability to knock down the three in bunches when he is hot. He's also a decent rebounder. He's not great defensively but still, an overall great improvement over Joey Graham.

I highly doubt this trade would ever happen, but Harrington is an enourmous upgrade over Joey Graham no matter what way you look at it.
Chamberlain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2008, 10:44 AM   #4
Qwyjibo
Yankee.Hotel.Foxtrot

Qwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

I don't know if the Raptors can afford to do any trades that bring their roster down in #'s. They already only have 13 total players on the roster. And who knows what is going on with Jawai so that might only be 12 for a while. I can't imagine a team wants to risk playing with no extras on the IL. This trade would also push the Raptors into luxury tax territory.

I posted it on the main board but the only reasonable deal between these two teams might be something like:

Parker + Kapono for Harrington + Azubuike or Belinelli

- Only works if the Warriors just want to save the $4.5 mil when Parker comes off the books after this year. Also if the Raptors see either of those 2 guards as starters at SG.

Last edited by Qwyjibo : 10-31-2008 at 10:46 AM.
Qwyjibo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2008, 10:46 AM   #5
RAPSCANWIN
Keeping the Bench Warm

RAPSCANWIN has decent reputation

Harrrington would be an upgrade at SF for us. But I get the impression he's a high maintence player.

Id rather upgrade the SG position to be honest.

Id also not give up Kapono either, he seems like a different player right now and id rather see how that plays out.
RAPSCANWIN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2008, 11:28 AM   #6
Chamberlain
Riggin' for Wiggins!

Chamberlain has a terrific reputationChamberlain has a terrific reputationChamberlain has a terrific reputationChamberlain has a terrific reputationChamberlain has a terrific reputation

I don't know if Kapono is a different kind of player right now. I think he's more comfortable in the system now, and he'll be utilized more effectively now that we have 2 low post threats, and Sam seems to understand now that that means a lot of open 3's.
Chamberlain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2008, 01:23 PM   #7
brwnman

brwnman has a terrific reputationbrwnman has a terrific reputationbrwnman has a terrific reputationbrwnman has a terrific reputationbrwnman has a terrific reputationbrwnman has a terrific reputation

I think Raptors will wait for a bit to see how this team works out, but Bryan Colangelo has said that he will go into the luxury tax when it comes to the stretch run if it improves the ball club going forward. I think all that luxury tax talk isn't the biggest of our worries anymore after he cleared that out...
brwnman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2008, 01:27 PM   #8
Trax416
Great young streetballer

Trax416 has an OK reputation so far

It would make absolutely no sense giving away the best shooter in the league for Al Harrington with our style of game.

We thrive on being able to kick it out to a guy like Parker or Kapono when one of our bigs gets doubled.

Thats how we beat Philly even though we got dominated on rebounds.
Trax416 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2008, 06:57 PM   #9
new noise
madvillain

new noise has an OK reputation so far

I'd definitely take a look at AP + Kapono for Harrington + Azubuike just in terms of relative youth & talent, but on closer inspection I wonder how well Harrington fits with the current Raptors roster and whether he doesn't have a little of that me-first attitude.

Also you can put me in the let's see what Kapono can do with double the amount of open looks camp. Give him the minutes, and I think he has no problem being Toronto's third leading scorer this year.
new noise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2008, 03:58 AM   #10
Prodigy
Diaw Fan

Prodigy has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trax416
It would make absolutely no sense giving away the best shooter in the league for Al Harrington with our style of game.

We thrive on being able to kick it out to a guy like Parker or Kapono when one of our bigs gets doubled.

The only problem is that Kapono probably takes the least threes. The guy just refuses to shoot after catching the ball.
Prodigy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2008, 07:09 AM   #11
Jalen5
Great young streetballer

Jalen5 has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trax416

Even on a night where warriors played us straight up parker was huge but KP was guarded closely.

Ukic might still have lots to learn but no reason to get another pg/sg like azubukie who is going to ask for a lot of money.
As far as Al har's 3pt shot that's just something he has to prove he can make that consistant.
Jalen5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2008, 07:13 AM   #12
Jalen5
Great young streetballer

Jalen5 has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prodigy
The only problem is that Kapono probably takes the least threes. The guy just refuses to shoot after catching the ball.

Its called not taking a bad shot. We saw will soloman did that, shooting in front of ppl's face or force it up when he's in a bad triple threat position.
Players in the league are very well aware of what KP can do and KP knows he's gotta take better shots.
Jalen5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2008, 01:42 PM   #13
b4ball
Local High School Star

b4ball has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jalen5
Its called not taking a bad shot. We saw will soloman did that, shooting in front of ppl's face or force it up when he's in a bad triple threat position.
Players in the league are very well aware of what KP can do and KP knows he's gotta take better shots.

Exactly Jalen, With Kapono putting the ball on the floor, opposing players think twice before jumping out on him. It's that little bit of doubt that he creates that give him that extra 20th of a second to get that lightning quick and deadly shot off.

Kapono will get more shooting opportunities with more playing time, and I hope Sam gives him more court time.
b4ball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2008, 02:35 PM   #14
Beebo
****ing Rudy Gay man

Beebo has decent reputationBeebo has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by b4ball
Kapono will get more shooting opportunities with more playing time, and I hope Sam gives him more court time.

Sam was giving Kapono too much time out there yesterday....they had Kapono guarding Maggette a number of times and we all know what happened.
Beebo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2008, 02:37 PM   #15
Qwyjibo
Yankee.Hotel.Foxtrot

Qwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beebo
Sam was giving Kapono too much time out there yesterday....they had Kapono guarding Maggette a number of times and we all know what happened.
No kidding.

Absolutely no point in having Kapono out there when you already have Parker, Calderon and Bargnani on the floor.
Qwyjibo is online now   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: