Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 01-08-2009, 03:17 PM   #31
B-Low
The Love B-Low

B-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: ISH Poster Evolution:From Regular To Lurker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathius
I mean what do you tell people who ask about it? Oh, I post on Insidehoops.com. It's a basketball site. But I don't talk about basketball.

Mathius

Can't say anyone's ever asked me about Insidehooops, and i really can't imagine a reason why they would?
B-Low is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2009, 03:23 PM   #32
LJJ
Extra Cheese

LJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathius
I don't understand lurkers. Sure, I check out the site to see what it's all about, but then I make a decision. What's the point of being on a message board and not interacting? Taking notes or something? It's not like this is a website where you're gonna learn how to fix a car, or bake a cake, or drop 40 lbs. Although these things might show up once in a while on OTC, it's a basketball web site, and that's about entertainment. Don't see any point in lurking.

I don't understand people who join here and spend all their time in OTC either. It's a basketball web site. If you're not gonna talk basketball, then why pick this place? As far as I'm concerned, basketball knowledge should be your #1 priority here.

I mean what do you tell people who ask about it? Oh, I post on Insidehoops.com. It's a basketball site. But I don't talk about basketball.

Mathius

Lurking is just passive. It's like watching a sport analyst show on TV. You could definitely spend your time better.
The difference is of course that on a message board you can participate if you want, but I can understand not wanting to.
It happens often that I enter a topic and I don't feel the need to post something but I am still entertained.
LJJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2009, 03:43 PM   #33
mlh1981
Reds/Bengals/Cavs

mlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Cavs topics, football, and baseball make up about 90 percent of my posts these days. Don't really wanna talk about my personal life anymore on here. I've prob. slowed down a bit as far as posting goes, but I still find time to get on here everyday. My life has slowed down ALOT the past few weeks, so I can come on more in the evenings whereas I was working/interning almost every single night.
mlh1981 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2009, 04:04 PM   #34
B-Low
The Love B-Low

B-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

mlh stop changing your price is right avatar! Bob Barker is to you what spiderman is to KBlaze and the Haterade logo is to Hateraid
B-Low is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2009, 04:21 PM   #35
mlh1981
Reds/Bengals/Cavs

mlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by B-Low
mlh stop changing your price is right avatar! Bob Barker is to you what spiderman is to KBlaze and the Haterade logo is to Hateraid

Yeah, seemed like a good idea to change it up at first, but I think I am gonna bring Bob back. For now, and forever.
Old 01-08-2009, 04:23 PM   #36
rufuspaul
Kubla Kemba

rufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:

I actually think that's an answer to an SAT question.
rufuspaul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2009, 04:24 PM   #37
Jamz Nayschmidt

Quote:
Originally Posted by rufuspaul
I actually think that's an answer to an SAT question.

How doez your geyzer self done 'memba the ES AY T'z?
Old 01-08-2009, 04:24 PM   #38
mlh1981
Reds/Bengals/Cavs

Speaking of avatars, if you read this, RMWG, bring back the koolaid guy. Just thought of that, for some reason.
Old 01-08-2009, 04:36 PM   #39
rufuspaul
Kubla Kemba

rufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jamz Nayschmidt
How doez your geyzer self done 'memba the ES AY T'z?

Well that's just the thing. When you're an old geezer you remember the sh*t that happened a long time ago but you can't remember why you just got in the car.
Old 01-08-2009, 04:44 PM   #40
Jamz Nayschmidt

Quote:
Originally Posted by rufuspaul
Well that's just the thing. When you're an old geezer you remember the sh*t that happened a long time ago but you can't remember why you just got in the car.

Speaking of which, da phuckz up with dat?

Mind you my knowledge on cognitive functions are a 6 at best, but it seems the elder folks can recollect vivid imagery from like fouru years back, but not what happened approx. 35-45 seconds ago? I've started to develop dis problem, and I lost my cell-phone and paycheck recently, and I travel in a very linear fashion.

Say Rufus, can you right off the bat, close your eyes, and imagine a scene from the early 90s like it was yesterday? Say your first kiss, Prom, Grad Party, first squabble, or a conversation con su padre?
Old 01-08-2009, 04:44 PM   #41
-primetime-

annoying, drunken, Main Court Mavs homer/Heat troll

to

annoying, drunken, OTC poster with the occastional shot at Wade

to

full time OTC with an occasional annoying drunk night

you know just a couple days ago I went to the Main Court just to look around and see if anything has changed...and it looked as though it has gotten worse than from when I left it...

I opened a thread made by Kizzle on the greatest pure scorer ever...someone that scores alot but does nothing else...the first reply was Wilt...

Then someone came in and called him a "MORAN"...and spelled it that way...

I tried to point his flaw out, and he just couldn't get it...at all...he proceeded to call me a "MORAN" multiple times after...and he wasn't just joking around either...

http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/sho...d.php?t=115411

then I looked around....and it is the same as it was 1 year ago...Kobe vs. (whoever)...ect.

the Main Forum holds little interest to me...but it is the reason I came here.
Old 01-08-2009, 05:12 PM   #42
rufuspaul
Kubla Kemba

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jamz Nayschmidt

Say Rufus, can you right off the bat, close your eyes, and imagine a scene from the early 90s like it was yesterday? Say your first kiss, Prom, Grad Party, first squabble, or a conversation con su padre?

Well that's another facet. My answer of course is yes, down to the finest detail. But when I get together with old friends we often have very different memories of the same event. I think that our brains tend to airbrush and tidy up some memories. Helps them last longer.
Old 01-08-2009, 06:13 PM   #43
Ban the Facts
I airball my layups

Ban the Facts has an OK reputation so far

coolboard - regular poster
ezboard - infrequent lurker, lurker, regular poster
this board - occasional poster, infrequent lurker
Ban the Facts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2009, 06:45 PM   #44
Mathius
NBA sixth man of the year

Mathius has a terrific reputationMathius has a terrific reputationMathius has a terrific reputationMathius has a terrific reputationMathius has a terrific reputationMathius has a terrific reputation

Quote:
Can't say anyone's ever asked me about Insidehooops, and i really can't imagine a reason why they would?

Some of these retards live on here. They have more posts than you and me and they've been here a year.

How do they explain where they're spending all their time? I can't imagine they sit on the computer all day and their parents don't ask them what the heck they're doing the whole time.

Then again, the state of parenting is getting worse all the time, so I guess on second thought it wouldn't really surprise me.

Mathius
Mathius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2009, 06:56 PM   #45
-primetime-

most of the time I assume that people that spend all day on a computer do it because they have to...
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: