Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Los Angeles Clippers Forum

Los Angeles Clippers Forum Clippers message board - clippers fan forum

Old 11-01-2008, 10:02 PM   #16
qrich
King Heno

qrich has an incredible reputation hereqrich has an incredible reputation hereqrich has an incredible reputation hereqrich has an incredible reputation hereqrich has an incredible reputation hereqrich has an incredible reputation hereqrich has an incredible reputation hereqrich has an incredible reputation here
Default Re: GT: Game 3 @ Jazz 11/1

Jazz extend the lead to 20 with a 22-2 run to take the lead 82-62 with 8 minutes and change left. Nothing to really say, Clippers can't hit shots and the Jazz are getting lay-ups and easy 2nd chance scores. Just like the Nuggets did last night. Clippers play well for 28-30 minutes or so, then just walk through the motions.
qrich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2008, 10:09 PM   #17
qrich
King Heno

qrich has an incredible reputation hereqrich has an incredible reputation hereqrich has an incredible reputation hereqrich has an incredible reputation hereqrich has an incredible reputation hereqrich has an incredible reputation hereqrich has an incredible reputation hereqrich has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darius
I can't understand why Dunleavy doesn't play Gordon.

Even in this case, DeAndre Jordan. That's it, I'm turning the game off, 26-2 run, are you ****ing kidding me. I know its early, and we are missing our 2 key players, but this is fucking pathetic. We blew a 18 point lead on the Nuggets, Lakers went on a 17-0 run when we were up 33-32 to end it, and all 3 games were the same fucking way. No rebounding, no ball movement, giving away 2nd and third possessions, other team going through a lay-up drill and so on. I'm sick of this, to think we could start out 0-7 as we have the Jazz again, Lakers, Rockets and Mavs coming up for the next 4, followed by Sac, GSW and San Antonio, so it could easily be 0-10 as well. Just sick of it.
Old 11-01-2008, 10:18 PM   #18
livlife2k
I brick open layups

livlife2k has decent reputation

Utah's run is now 34-6!
Clips seem to have no offense, and even worse, no consistent defense...we seem to play a solid 1-2 quarters and that's it...losing games by an avg of 20+ pts per nite...need Camby and Baron quick!
livlife2k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2008, 10:20 PM   #19
Qlippers
Decent playground baller

Qlippers has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by livlife2k
Utah's run is now 34-6!
Clips seem to have no offense, and even worse, no consistent defense...we seem to play a solid 1-2 quarters and that's it...losing games by an avg of 20+ pts per nite...need Camby and Baron quick!
Ricky finally hit a shoot, Taylor not a good passer but a better option than Hart. I would like to see Gordon play. Also, the effort was better BUT no execution from the offensive end. A pass to TT at the wing, he holds in for 5 secs then backs down his man and does a turn around jumper. He never looks for a wide open Novak, Taylor or Cat in the corners.

When is Baron back
Qlippers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2008, 01:41 AM   #20
qrich
King Heno

Ok, after my venting, I looked at this situation objectively. Sure, we are 0-3, but, believe it or not, we have been making progress since the first game of the season. Against the Lakers, we played a solid 16-20 minutes, then let up and the Lakers just dominated us. Against Denver, we had a 18 point lead mid way through the third, and let up, but had Baron early, and tonight against Utah we played a solid 28-30 minutes before letting up. Our problem is playing hard for 48 minutes, and when you have two key rotation players out, a key player who missed pre-season[Thomas] and a strugging center, it's tough to do. But I have no doubt we will righten the ship and string together some W's, hopefully it starts Monday when we host the same Utah Jazz.

Let's look at my keys to victory in the 2nd half, and see what we did and what we did not do.

Quote:
1] Take care of the ball. As previously noted, the Clippers have 10 first half turnovers with only 6 assists. Also, force turnovers.

Epic failure here. In the second half, we had 6 assists to 8 turnovers, nothing good while the Jazz had 16 assists to 3 turnovers. Can't do that on the road against Utah and expect a victory without Baron and Marcus.

Quote:
2] Keep attacking the rim. We need to get rebounds and keep the Jazz from getting second and third possessions

We blew the +6 rebound advantage, and not only that, we allowed 7 offensive rebounds for Utah, four of which, I remember being putbacks.

Quote:
3] Who is going to close? Last night, versus the Nuggets, we had no one to end the game with Baron going down. Who will take the spot and try to close out the game?

We were in no spot for this, but no one tried to step it up when Utah went on the huge run they did.

Along with this, we shot 57.6% in the first half, and end the game shooting a mediocre 39.7% while Utah improved by 3%. C'mon Mike, righten this ship.
Old 11-02-2008, 11:05 AM   #21
Qlippers
Decent playground baller

Qlippers has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by qrich
Ok, after my venting, I looked at this situation objectively. Sure, we are 0-3, but, believe it or not, we have been making progress since the first game of the season. Against the Lakers, we played a solid 16-20 minutes, then let up and the Lakers just dominated us. Against Denver, we had a 18 point lead mid way through the third, and let up, but had Baron early, and tonight against Utah we played a solid 28-30 minutes before letting up. Our problem is playing hard for 48 minutes, and when you have two key rotation players out, a key player who missed pre-season[Thomas] and a strugging center, it's tough to do. But I have no doubt we will righten the ship and string together some W's, hopefully it starts Monday when we host the same Utah Jazz.

Let's look at my keys to victory in the 2nd half, and see what we did and what we did not do.

Epic failure here. In the second half, we had 6 assists to 8 turnovers, nothing good while the Jazz had 16 assists to 3 turnovers. Can't do that on the road against Utah and expect a victory without Baron and Marcus.

We blew the +6 rebound advantage, and not only that, we allowed 7 offensive rebounds for Utah, four of which, I remember being putbacks.

We were in no spot for this, but no one tried to step it up when Utah went on the huge run they did.

Along with this, we shot 57.6% in the first half, and end the game shooting a mediocre 39.7% while Utah improved by 3%. C'mon Mike, righten this ship.

We need to create easy shot for others, 6 assists is pathetic. Every shot is a one on one shot
Qlippers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2008, 06:06 PM   #22
starface
Banned

starface has a near all-star reputation herestarface has a near all-star reputation herestarface has a near all-star reputation herestarface has a near all-star reputation herestarface has a near all-star reputation herestarface has a near all-star reputation here

Well, Mobley certainly made me look like an ass for suggesting we start Thornton at the 2 and Thomas at the 3 lol. Mobley looked great last night.
starface is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2008, 06:11 PM   #23
starface
Banned

starface has a near all-star reputation herestarface has a near all-star reputation herestarface has a near all-star reputation herestarface has a near all-star reputation herestarface has a near all-star reputation herestarface has a near all-star reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qlippers
We need to create easy shot for others, 6 assists is pathetic. Every shot is a one on one shot

Exactly man, ball movement is completely shutting down in the second half of games. And also it seems like when we do swing passes out to guys who have open looks, they're hesitating and passing up the shot and giving the defender a chance to get out on them.

I think they're gonna have to find a way to get Gordon some meaningful minutes. They NEED his three point shooting to space the floor. Dude has infinite range. ALso when Novak is in there they have to make a concerted effort to actually get him some open looks. Dunleavy's putting him in the game but then not running anything for him. Draw up some plays to get him a few catch-and-shoot opportunities when he's in there.

Kaman needs to stop putting the ball on the floor when he catches it right under the basket. Just go straight up and dunk it.
starface is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: