Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Toronto Raptors Forum

Toronto Raptors Forum Toronto Raptors message board - Toronto Raptors forum

Old 11-01-2008, 11:39 PM   #1
jrcp3
GuardsWinChampionships

jrcp3 has an OK reputation so far
Default Moon and Bargnani Problem!

It seems sometimes both Moon and Bargnani HESITATE ALOT when they get a open shot ...... i think the reason for this is Coach Mitchell always tells them to drive the ball and get very angry usually when they shoot that 3 point shot ..... that is the reason why they hesitate SO MUCH when they get a open 3 point shot ..... if you watch the games you will know what time talking about .... Coach Sam just has to relax and let them decide on there own .... there both now pretty good shooters, and having Coach sam in there head when there about to take a jumper isn't good ...... what yall think? yall notice this? really with moon he been hitting his 3's but sometimes he thinks about it to much because he know if he doesn't hit the shot he will get yelled or benched by coach but if he hits it he will be okay .....
jrcp3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2008, 01:19 PM   #2
keantona
I hit open 5-footers

keantona has decent reputation
Default Re: Moon and Bargnani Problem!

You might be right. But if so, I'm confident it's a short term problem leading to a long term improvement. Both those guys have been poor at shot choice in the past, and they both need to be taking it to the hoop more. If any current hesitancy is part of reeducation that will make them both more aggressive in future, it will be well worth it.
keantona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2008, 01:41 PM   #3
Dr.Funk
Decent college freshman

Dr.Funk has decent reputationDr.Funk has decent reputation

It's somthing that I've noticed since Sam became coach.

He yells directly at players far too often.
Dr.Funk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2008, 03:17 PM   #4
jrcp3
GuardsWinChampionships

jrcp3 has an OK reputation so far

Yea when moon miss's a jumpshot he GETS REALLY MADD, but this year moon has been drilling them jumpshots but moon is still hesitating because he doesn't wanna get yelled or bench for shooting it too much .....
jrcp3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2008, 08:38 AM   #5
RAPSCANWIN
Keeping the Bench Warm

RAPSCANWIN has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrcp3
Yea when moon miss's a jumpshot he GETS REALLY MADD, but this year moon has been drilling them jumpshots but moon is still hesitating because he doesn't wanna get yelled or bench for shooting it too much .....

Theres definitly a happy medium between chucking and driving the ball. Last year Moon sometimes became chuck happy. Once he finds that medium he'll be just fine and Sam wont Scream at him.......as much.
RAPSCANWIN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2008, 12:55 PM   #6
antonaki1
Serious playground baller

antonaki1 has an OK reputation so far
Default Bargnani is a Big POSITIVE!

Personally i think Bargnani has had a magnificent start to this season. He has been a MONSTER in the defensive end and made many key rebound snags as well as blocked shots at key junctures of the game. There is no question Jermaine has been a huge influence to him. Andrea at times has shown a pretty mean edge to his game, something you never saw last year. Some of his drives to the basket in the offensive end have been things of beauty. He has scored some huge baskets at deciding points of the game. But even if he doesn't contribute to the offence, he now is finally contributing in a big way to the defence, and that alone, makes him extremely valuable. Maybe Colangelo got it right a couple of years ago. it's starting to finally look that way. I know, i for one was never a believer until the last 3 games. Hope this contines and for the first time i actually think it will!
antonaki1 is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: