Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Streetball Forum

Streetball Forum Streetball Message Board - street basketball and streetball forum

Old 11-02-2008, 12:33 AM   #1
Don't Stop Believing!!

3.2.1. is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster3.2.1. is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster3.2.1. is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster3.2.1. is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster3.2.1. is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster3.2.1. is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster3.2.1. is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster3.2.1. is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Pre-Game Ritual

What is your pre-game ritual?

Before playing a big game/season opener/playoffs what do you do to get the butterflies out of your stomach?

Explain your pre-game ritual.

Last edited by 3.2.1. : 11-02-2008 at 02:14 PM.
3.2.1. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2008, 01:43 AM   #2
Ives
I airball my layups

Ives has an OK reputation so far
Default Re: Pre-Game Ritual

If I started feeling nervous I normally just joke around with friends and/or talking about something different that basketball.

OR... you can meditate to R.Kelly - I Believe I Can Fly.
Ives is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2008, 03:57 AM   #3
Fallguy20
Suck-A-Fish

Fallguy20 has an incredible reputation hereFallguy20 has an incredible reputation hereFallguy20 has an incredible reputation hereFallguy20 has an incredible reputation hereFallguy20 has an incredible reputation hereFallguy20 has an incredible reputation hereFallguy20 has an incredible reputation hereFallguy20 has an incredible reputation here

Before the season even starts I get a copy of our game schedule. Then, looking at the games and taking what I know from past experience, I build a quick custom playlist for each game with hard music or hip-hop or whatever I think ill need for that games intensity/flow. It goes anywhere from 5-10 songs. When the actual game rolls along a few weeks or months later, its a just one less thing I need to worry about, and I can think back to when I made the list and what I was thinking of at the time.

Other then that, I make sure to talk to my shoes. They carry me through battle, so I gotta treat my babies right.

Fallguy20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2008, 10:42 AM   #4
Maniak
Maniak

Maniak is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableManiak is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableManiak is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableManiak is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableManiak is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableManiak is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableManiak is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableManiak is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableManiak is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableManiak is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableManiak is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Just do my shootaround with music playing(usually songs to pump me up).

Do some streches.

Talk to some buddies and joke around, keep my calm

A little trash talking never hurt anybody either
Maniak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2008, 10:39 PM   #5
Fallguy20
Suck-A-Fish

Fallguy20 has an incredible reputation hereFallguy20 has an incredible reputation hereFallguy20 has an incredible reputation hereFallguy20 has an incredible reputation hereFallguy20 has an incredible reputation hereFallguy20 has an incredible reputation hereFallguy20 has an incredible reputation hereFallguy20 has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maniak

A little trash talking never hurt anybody either

Yea, but alot can kill ya
Fallguy20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2008, 10:40 PM   #6
Maniak
Maniak

Maniak is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableManiak is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableManiak is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableManiak is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableManiak is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableManiak is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableManiak is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableManiak is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableManiak is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableManiak is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableManiak is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fallguy20
Yea, but alot can kill ya

Not if you are good and got your buddies to back ya up..

I dont usually do that, but Im gonna start doing it more
Maniak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2008, 04:40 AM   #7
3stat2
Local High School Star

3stat2 is considered somewhat cool3stat2 is considered somewhat cool

Usually eat some fruit, like a banana and an apple about 1 hour beforehand. Walk a little, then jog a bit to get the knees and ankles warmed up. Get my hands warmed up by doing some dribbling, then do some dynamic stretches (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dynamic_stretching).

Talk some trash to my teammates (we probably joke around a bit too much but meh), play a little bit of slow warm-up 1 on 1. Get a few catch and shoots in, and a few bank shots. Then some free throws.

Sometimes I'll size up the opposition while they're doing layup drills etc - see who's the most uncoordinated and worth gambling for steals against.
3stat2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2008, 11:35 AM   #8
JJ81
Good college starter

JJ81 is popular on this boardJJ81 is popular on this boardJJ81 is popular on this boardJJ81 is popular on this boardJJ81 is popular on this board

Get your team mates into it during the warm up and that usually makes me forget about any nerves I myself have got.
JJ81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2009, 06:24 PM   #9
FG20
Keep em Seperated

FG20 has an OK reputation so far

bump

I always got in at least 5 freethrows before each game.
FG20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2009, 06:44 PM   #10
Tking714
I can dunk

Tking714 has an OK reputation so far

Me and my two boys throw ally's to each other to try and intimidate the other team. We either try to do a dunk fest or challenge each other to half court threes so we get adrenaline for the game.
Tking714 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2009, 07:06 PM   #11
The_Night_Elf
My Game's Nucking Futs

The_Night_Elf is considered somewhat coolThe_Night_Elf is considered somewhat coolThe_Night_Elf is considered somewhat cool

Pre-Game Sh*t...helps drop a few pounds and you feel lighter on your feet...
The_Night_Elf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2009, 11:40 PM   #12
Automajic23
Playground Legend

Automajic23 is considered somewhat coolAutomajic23 is considered somewhat cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tking714
Me and my two boys throw ally's to each other to try and intimidate the other team. We either try to do a dunk fest or challenge each other to half court threes so we get adrenaline for the game.

this
Automajic23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2009, 01:11 AM   #13
Zak

Zak has a terrific reputationZak has a terrific reputationZak has a terrific reputationZak has a terrific reputationZak has a terrific reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Automajic23
this
where the hell do you guys play?

dunking will get you a tech if the refs are on the floor.
Zak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2009, 02:36 AM   #14
iTwistAnkles
Walk Like a Man

iTwistAnkles has an OK reputation so far

i pray before games, (i go into the washroom, since i do not want to bother anyone, and there are few muslims on my team) i pray not to get injured, to win, and to have a good game.

besides that i just jump up and down in the locker room, swing my arms to get loose. and i dont listen to music, thats just me, i need to concentrate on who my matchup is gonna be, or how im gonna score off set plays
iTwistAnkles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2009, 02:37 AM   #15
iTwistAnkles
Walk Like a Man

iTwistAnkles has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zak
where the hell do you guys play?

dunking will get you a tech if the refs are on the floor.

some refs allow you to dunk in layup lines
iTwistAnkles is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: