Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Los Angeles Lakers Forum

Los Angeles Lakers Forum Los Angeles Lakers message board - los angeles lakers fan forum

Old 09-12-2006, 03:05 AM   #16
KB24MVP
Can barely lace up my sneakers

KB24MVP has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by LakersDynasty
I know it's just your opinion but how are Artest, Shaq and Melo better than T-Mac and Nowitzki?
He also put artest ahead of TD..
LOL
KB24MVP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2006, 10:36 AM   #17
SoCalMike
NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

SoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Yep, I think T-Mac and Dirk are over-rated... thats my opinion and I will stick to it.... until either one of them can mature to take their teams to the next level, I will stick with it...

But my only point, which we all proved is that its not such a simple thing to decide. Yet nobody would argue that Kobe or Wade are not in the top 10 players in the league...

There is room for arugument, and if T-Mac and Dirk were so awesome, there would be no room for argument.
SoCalMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2006, 12:16 PM   #18
dblockallstars
High school junior varsity star

dblockallstars has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCalMike
Yep, I think T-Mac and Dirk are over-rated... thats my opinion and I will stick to it.... until either one of them can mature to take their teams to the next level, I will stick with it...

But my only point, which we all proved is that its not such a simple thing to decide. Yet nobody would argue that Kobe or Wade are not in the top 10 players in the league...

There is room for arugument, and if T-Mac and Dirk were so awesome, there would be no room for argument.

I don't think there's any room 4 argument against dirk b/c he's a 7footer that can score, rebound, block a shot here n there....anyone would love 2 build their team around someone like him...I don't think u could name 10 players better than him...kobe,wade,lebron,yao?,kg,amare?,arenas?brand ,jo?....yeah that's it, so he's top 10.
dblockallstars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2006, 02:35 PM   #19
lakerfreak
The go-to-guy

lakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by magicmanfan
but I can't stand players who
don't play both ends....

Yeah neither can I man i like defensive players tooo.
lakerfreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2006, 03:00 PM   #20
SoCalMike

SoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by dblockallstars
I don't think there's any room 4 argument against dirk b/c he's a 7footer that can score, rebound, block a shot here n there....anyone would love 2 build their team around someone like him...I don't think u could name 10 players better than him...kobe,wade,lebron,yao?,kg,amare?,arenas?brand ,jo?....yeah that's it, so he's top 10.

Firstly, as i said in my original post: "Just to prove a point, I came up with 10 players that I think are better players than T-Mac and/or Dirk.... again, just my opinion, so you can pick at it as you wish... "

However, there is clearly room for argument as you point out, as we are having this argument.... so there's room! ha!
Old 09-12-2006, 05:24 PM   #21
magicmanfan
Local High School Star

magicmanfan is a pretty well-respected postermagicmanfan is a pretty well-respected postermagicmanfan is a pretty well-respected poster
Default Dirk

Dirk has skills, but he is a wimp on defense. I would rather have
many players as a starting piece.... (in order!!!)

Kobe
Lebron
KG
Tim Duncan
Stevie Nash
AI

Maybe more, but that's six definites!!!
magicmanfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2006, 08:16 PM   #22
KB24MVP
Can barely lace up my sneakers

KB24MVP has an OK reputation so far

Quote:

Kobe
Lebron
KG
Tim Duncan
Stevie Nash
AI

i agree for most of it but i would swap TD(who showed he can carry a team as a leader) and KG(never made 2nd round)
and Ive for wade
KB24MVP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2006, 08:45 PM   #23
LakersDynasty
Very good NBA starter

LakersDynasty has a terrific reputationLakersDynasty has a terrific reputationLakersDynasty has a terrific reputationLakersDynasty has a terrific reputationLakersDynasty has a terrific reputationLakersDynasty has a terrific reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by KB24MVP
i agree for most of it but i would swap TD(who showed he can carry a team as a leader) and KG(never made 2nd round)
and Ive for wade
He made the WCF in 04 against the Lakers.
Nevertheless, KG should never ever be ahead of Duncan, that's wrong.

1. Kobe
2. Duncan

3. Nowitzki
4. Lebron
5. Nash
LakersDynasty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2006, 11:19 PM   #24
SoCalMike

Quote:

1. Kobe
2. Duncan

3. Nowitzki
4. Lebron
5. Nash

so are those in order? you have dirk ahead of Nash? if those are in your order of preference, then you are smokin something!
Old 09-12-2006, 11:23 PM   #25
mariodeathgrip
incoherent!!!!

mariodeathgrip is considered somewhat coolmariodeathgrip is considered somewhat coolmariodeathgrip is considered somewhat cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by *LAKERS_3_PETE*
After witnessing the Kobe bryant show last december dirk himself knows better that when one individual outscores your whole team after 3 quarters 62-61 than that player has to be one of the best players in the league, especially if their named kobe bryant.
mariodeathgrip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2006, 11:45 PM   #26
lakerfreak
The go-to-guy

lakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCalMike
so are those in order? you have dirk ahead of Nash? if those are in your order of preference, then you are smokin something!

i agree with the dude though dirk should have been ahead of nash in the MVP race

and kobe of course number 1
lakerfreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2006, 08:54 AM   #27
magicmanfan
Local High School Star

magicmanfan is a pretty well-respected postermagicmanfan is a pretty well-respected postermagicmanfan is a pretty well-respected poster
Default excuse me!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by KB24MVP
and Ive for wade

KG made it to the western finals just two or three years ago!!!! He carried
that team by himself!!!!
Old 09-13-2006, 08:56 AM   #28
magicmanfan
Local High School Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by lakerfreak
i agree with the dude though dirk should have been ahead of nash in the MVP race

and kobe of course number 1

Dirk is an overhyped player, he sucks on defense and should never
be mentioned in the MVP race until he does play on both ends
consistently!!!
Old 09-13-2006, 08:59 AM   #29
magicmanfan
Local High School Star

Quote:

1. Kobe
2. Duncan
3. Nowitzki
4. Lebron
5. Nash

You're crazy, LeBron is the second best player in the game today!
Dirk is not in my top 6, maybe not even the top 8. I can't stand
overhyped players who don't play defense but are treated like
they are superstars!!
Old 09-13-2006, 09:40 AM   #30
dblockallstars
High school junior varsity star

dblockallstars has an OK reputation so far

Quote:

Kobe
Lebron
KG
Tim Duncan
Stevie Nash
AI

I think it's hard 2 build around Iverson or any small player really but especially AI b/c youd have 2 find a couple halfway decent bigs 2 put in there n they're not that easy 2 come by, but if u have a TD or somebody, u can find off guards all over the place....n AI will have 2 be THE guy n take the most shots...I mean he was on the block the whole summer n few teams put together decent trade packages, as opposed 2 if Lebron or Td or KG was on the table, teams would b willin 2 to do a roster overhaul....
dblockallstars is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: