Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Denver Nuggets Forum

Denver Nuggets Forum Denver Nuggets forum - Denver Nuggets message board

Old 11-03-2008, 03:23 PM   #181
JPR
Banned

Default Re: Nuggets trade Allen Iverson to Pistons for Chauncey Billups, McDyess

Quote:
Originally Posted by new noise
Think how attractive Detroit will look in the free agent market when they can say to LeBron, 'by the way we'll also be getting one of Chris Bosh, Amare, Wade, Yao, Joe Johnson etc for you'.

Oh yeah! Detroit is such a great place to live...I'm sure all of the NBA wives want to move and shop there.
JPR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2008, 03:24 PM   #182
DuMa
Canned

Default Re: Nuggets trade Allen Iverson to Pistons for Chauncey Billups, McDyess

Denver shouldve kept Andre Miller.
DuMa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2008, 03:24 PM   #183
obonpaxis
Decent playground baller

This would never actually happen, but maybe a good scenario for Detroit:

Starters:

Stuckey
Rip
Tay
Sheed
Amir

with Iverson logging 30mpg off the bench as 6th man. He'd have the greenlight to shoot with 2nd unit, and could play in end-game situations.

Yeah I know. Won't happen.
obonpaxis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2008, 03:25 PM   #184
KRAYZIE
Decent college freshman

Quote:
Originally Posted by markymark
i love gp but you are a hating retard.

richie, who ya gonna root for? haha
Watchu talkin' about man, he's still with us. (I hope)
KRAYZIE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2008, 03:29 PM   #185
Lakers Fan
High School Varsity 12th Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by picc84
I would love to get McDyess in LA, even though i know it wont happen. *sigh*

On paper he would look good added to any team but he would just ruin the Lakers youth and speed chemistry, plus he would take time to learn on the job with the Triangle. If he took minutes from the other Laker's players. it would not be a positive thing.
Lakers Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2008, 03:32 PM   #186
GOBB
Sixers|Eagles|Phillies

Detroit has a Sixers feel. Max/Sheed/Prince = defenders/rebounders who can score when needed but not lookin to score. Rip the shooter with AI proving the scoring punch.
GOBB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2008, 03:33 PM   #187
final.wrath
Banned

Good trade. And its likely Dyess comes back to play with us.

Billups thought he was a lot better than he was. Iverson fits better with our style under Curry. I'm happy.

All you haters saying Detroit actually gets worse from this deal got another thing coming.
final.wrath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2008, 03:34 PM   #188
catzhernandez
I love me sum Bird!

Man, this really makes that 2004 championship team seem like AGES ago now.
catzhernandez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2008, 03:38 PM   #189
flintstone
Good High School Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by JPR
Oh yeah! Detroit is such a great place to live...I'm sure all of the NBA wives want to move and shop there.

Your a total stupid...and you sound more stupid with each post. The Pistons don't play in Detroit, and the Oakland county area (where they do play)....is one of the richest areas in the nation
flintstone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2008, 03:41 PM   #190
picc84
3-time NBA All-Star

Iversons never been on a team this good. I know he dribbles a lot and Chauncey can run the offense better and yadda yadda yadda but Iverson averages 10 more points, more assists, and more rebounds. He is clearly the better player regardless of fit, which may not be as consequential as everyone thinks. This was a move Detroit couldn't NOT make. The potential for this year, and the money for free agency. Kudos to Dumars for having the balls.
picc84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2008, 03:41 PM   #191
InspiredLebowski
Roy Hibbert Super Star

Hear that? Your a total stupid!
InspiredLebowski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2008, 03:41 PM   #192
JPR
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by InspiredLebowski
Hear that? Your a total stupid!

a tear just shed my eye...

Quote:
Originally Posted by flintstone
Your a total stupid...and you sound more stupid with each post. The Pistons don't play in Detroit, and the Oakland county area (where they do play)....is one of the richest areas in the nation

I am a "total stupid"

you get the idea though. besides, how is that weather in detroit? is it a large market like chicago? shall i keep going?
Old 11-03-2008, 03:42 PM   #193
Attila
National High School Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by flintstone
Yeah, West Bloomfield, Bloomfield Hills, Rochester, all great areas. RIP used to live like 5 minutes away from me in West Bloomfield.
Attila is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2008, 03:42 PM   #194
AItheAnswer3
Decent college freshman

AItheAnswer3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2008, 03:43 PM   #195
JPR
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Attila
Yeah, West Bloomfield, Bloomfield Hills, Rochester, all great areas. RIP used to live like 5 minutes away from me in West Bloomfield.

No doubt Motown has some of the nicest suburbs in America, that's what happens when the city close to those burbs has some serious problems. but it is still not a big market and it has other drawbacks. we'll see though.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: