Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Denver Nuggets Forum

Denver Nuggets Forum Denver Nuggets forum - Denver Nuggets message board

Old 11-02-2008, 10:52 AM   #16
Kiddlovesnets
NBA Superstar

Kiddlovesnets has an incredible reputation hereKiddlovesnets has an incredible reputation hereKiddlovesnets has an incredible reputation hereKiddlovesnets has an incredible reputation hereKiddlovesnets has an incredible reputation hereKiddlovesnets has an incredible reputation hereKiddlovesnets has an incredible reputation here
Default Re: AI for Billups?

Quote:
Originally Posted by big baller
omg, ur worthless

I'm not saying Billups is a better player than AI but he fits in the Pistons system much better than AI. The Pistons need a true low post scorer this season to become the champion instead of trading for a scoring first guard like AI. It's not like when you play NBA 2k9 that better players bring better records. Trust me, AI will turn the Pistons into a first round team or even out of the play-off contest.
Kiddlovesnets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2008, 10:56 AM   #17
hawkfan
Jeff Teague Fan

hawkfan is starting to rub some people the wrong way

Trade scenario:

Detroit gets

AI

Denver gets

Chauncey Billups
Antonio McDyess

This is one of the few ways to make this deal work, cap wise.

This should be within the 25% salary match rule.

The Pistons have to get rid of McDyess, but they clear out playing time for Maxiall, Amir Johnson and Kwame Brown.

But if it were me, I wouldn't do a Billups-AI deal, since Denver benefits from letting AI's contract expire at the end of the season, and Billups is a better fit with Detroit.
hawkfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2008, 11:05 AM   #18
tsforthrees
red vines cray

tsforthrees has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkfan
Trade scenario:

Detroit gets

AI

Denver gets

Chauncey Billups
Antonio McDyess

This is one of the few ways to make this deal work, cap wise.

This should be within the 25% salary match rule.

The Pistons have to get rid of McDyess, but they clear out playing time for Maxiall, Amir Johnson and Kwame Brown.

But if it were me, I wouldn't do a Billups-AI deal, since Denver benefits from letting AI's contract expire at the end of the season, and Billups is a better fit with Detroit.

i would do this if you guys throw in chieck samb as well. billups can be good for a while longer because his game is centered around shooting, good decision making, and fundamentals. mcdyess gives us the other big man we desperately need, and samb is just another young big because we have none.
tsforthrees is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2008, 11:12 AM   #19
hoopaddict08
Decent college freshman

hoopaddict08 is a pretty well-respected posterhoopaddict08 is a pretty well-respected posterhoopaddict08 is a pretty well-respected posterhoopaddict08 is a pretty well-respected poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by big baller
AI>>>Billups.......get over it. ur an ideot if u would not do tht trade, esp considering AI has an expierer...

As far as being a better player, yeah I would agree AI>Billups. But, I don't like AI/Hamilton as much as I like Billups/Hamilton. That trade isn't going to make Detroit any better than what they already are.
hoopaddict08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2008, 11:47 AM   #20
flintstone
Good High School Starter

flintstone has an OK reputation so far

Detroits game plan for the year, is a balanced attack, with all the parts being interchangeable...and lots of people playing limited, but important minutes.

Injury will only have limited effect, over 82 games

AI doesn't fit the system in place....and we don't need another guard?
flintstone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2008, 12:38 PM   #21
DeuceWallaces
I am your density

DeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Joe D already turned down A.I. this summer. Why would he change his mind all of a sudden?
DeuceWallaces is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2008, 12:50 PM   #22
OneMoreSucka
NBA Legend

OneMoreSucka has an OK reputation so far

Denver will never pull the trigger on this trade. Billups contract is too huge, and his age is only getting older.

Nuggets need a young PG to develop.
OneMoreSucka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2008, 12:57 PM   #23
flintstone
Good High School Starter

flintstone has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by OneMoreSucka
Denver will never pull the trigger on this trade. Billups contract is too huge, and his age is only getting older.

Nuggets need a young PG to develop.

Huh?....Denver offered the trade months ago?....Detroit said no, we want Anthony....and then Denver said no.

That was that.....old news.
flintstone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2008, 01:44 PM   #24
guy
NBA All-star

guy has an incredible reputation hereguy has an incredible reputation hereguy has an incredible reputation hereguy has an incredible reputation hereguy has an incredible reputation hereguy has an incredible reputation hereguy has an incredible reputation hereguy has an incredible reputation here

Wouldnt it make more sense to ask for Rip instead of Billups? Denver should know that Detroit probably wouldn't do AI for Billups, cause it leaves them empty at the PG, besides Stuckey who isn't that great yet, while having two all-star SGs.
guy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2008, 02:58 PM   #25
embersyc
Lurker

embersyc has a terrific reputationembersyc has a terrific reputationembersyc has a terrific reputationembersyc has a terrific reputationembersyc has a terrific reputationembersyc has a terrific reputation

Unless they have a poor record later in the season, I don't expect the Pistons to make a trade of this magnitude.
embersyc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2008, 03:00 PM   #26
óross√er
I trust me!

óross√er is a pretty well-respected posteróross√er is a pretty well-respected posteróross√er is a pretty well-respected posteróross√er is a pretty well-respected poster

Billups, JR Smith, Anthony, Martin and Nene looks like a much better team to me.
óross√er is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2008, 03:07 PM   #27
OneMoreSucka
NBA Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by guy
Wouldnt it make more sense to ask for Rip instead of Billups? Denver should know that Detroit probably wouldn't do AI for Billups, cause it leaves them empty at the PG, besides Stuckey who isn't that great yet, while having two all-star SGs.
No, denver is good in the 2 spot, we need someone with size to run the point.
Old 11-02-2008, 04:46 PM   #28
guy
NBA All-star

guy has an incredible reputation hereguy has an incredible reputation hereguy has an incredible reputation hereguy has an incredible reputation hereguy has an incredible reputation hereguy has an incredible reputation hereguy has an incredible reputation hereguy has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
No, denver is good in the 2 spot, we need someone with size to run the point.

I'm just saying Detroit won't bite on AI for Billups, cause they basically get an All-Star SG when they already have an All-Star SG while giving up an All-Star PG and giving their PG duties to a second-year player.

For Denver, Chauncey would be more ideal, but its Denver thats doing the offers, not Detroit.
Old 11-02-2008, 04:57 PM   #29
OneMoreSucka
NBA Legend

Well if AI were to play in Detroit, he would likely be the starting PG, not a SG.
Old 11-02-2008, 05:25 PM   #30
guy
NBA All-star

Quote:
Well if AI were to play in Detroit, he would likely be the starting PG, not a SG.

Umm no he won't. If thats the case, then he would probably be the starting PG over Anthony Carter.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: