Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Denver Nuggets Forum

Denver Nuggets Forum Denver Nuggets forum - Denver Nuggets message board

Old 11-06-2008, 10:43 AM   #496
boozehound
An uglier Lamar Doom

boozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: Nuggets trade Allen Iverson to Pistons for Chauncey Billups, McDyess

from pistons.com mailbag
He was going to wear No. 3, as he always has, and Rodney Stuckey was willing to give it up and wear No. 9. But the league wouldn’t let Stuckey change uniform numbers once the season had started, so Iverson was left to choose another number. If the organization one day down the road decides to retire Chauncey Billups’ number, I don’t think it will be tainted by having a Hall of Famer wear it for however long Iverson remains a Piston. Who knows? Maybe they’ll wind up retiring No. 1 for both of them

so its not that easy to switch numbers despite the early posts about troine getting 8 after wearing 88 for two games.
I guess its at league discretion. so no, stuckey isnt being disrespectful.
boozehound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2008, 04:16 PM   #497
Sonic R
Be Attitude For Gains

Sonic R has a terrific reputationSonic R has a terrific reputationSonic R has a terrific reputationSonic R has a terrific reputationSonic R has a terrific reputationSonic R has a terrific reputation
Default Re: Nuggets trade Allen Iverson to Pistons for Chauncey Billups, McDyess

Well its officially done…

Chauncey has taken his physical and passed.

Both players will suit up for their respective teams tomorrow night.
Sonic R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2008, 05:02 PM   #498
francesco totti
Decent college freshman

francesco totti has decent reputationfrancesco totti has decent reputation

AI practised for the first time with detroit pistons..

Source

Quote:
"We went through some stuff today that I hadn't been through in my whole career, and that was shocking," Iverson said after the Pistons' workout at the L.A. Sports Club in Manhattan. "I would have thought somebody would have put those type of plays in for me and the guys around me sometime in the 13 years I've been around. That right there was exciting."

For the most part, the Pistons run plays similar to the ones every team in the league uses -- high pick-and-roll, side pick-and-roll, post-ups and isolations. But the Pistons also run some Princeton-based motion sets, similar to what New Jersey and New Orleans use, and that's what excited Iverson.

"I am getting the ball now in places where I never got it before," Iverson said. "I used to always get it at the top at the three-point line and now I am getting it closer to the free-throw line and that makes a difference."

And Pistons coach comment on him...
Quote:
"I don't want to make small of it, but this guy is a great player and great players, they will fit in," Curry said. "He will fit in. He will share the ball. Looking at all the rosters he's been on, I don't see a roster as talented as ours. He's going to open up a lot of things for the other guys and they are going to open a lot of things up for him."

Cant wait for AI debut against New Jersey to see how things will look like...

GO AI!
francesco totti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2008, 05:07 PM   #499
Sonic R
Be Attitude For Gains

Sonic R has a terrific reputationSonic R has a terrific reputationSonic R has a terrific reputationSonic R has a terrific reputationSonic R has a terrific reputationSonic R has a terrific reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by francesco totti
Cant wait for AI debut against New Jersey to see how things will look like...

GO AI!

Indeed!

I am excited to see him out there and watch him play for us!
This is an exciting time in Pistons Basketball! Friday night cannot come quick enough.
Old 11-06-2008, 05:08 PM   #500
FPower
Local High School Star

FPower has decent reputation

I'm really psyched for AI's debut on Friday, but I'm REALLY looking forward to Sunday at the Palace. I bought some cheap tickets, and it should be a blast. I'm guessing it's going to be louder in there than it has in a long time.

The league's being stupid about the jersey thing. I understand they don't want guys switching numbers during the season, but when a trade goes down, that definitely qualifies as extenuating circumstances. Let AI have his #3...he'll look weird without it. It's just a number I suppose, but still...
FPower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2008, 05:23 PM   #501
hoopaddict08
Decent college freshman

hoopaddict08 is a pretty well-respected posterhoopaddict08 is a pretty well-respected posterhoopaddict08 is a pretty well-respected posterhoopaddict08 is a pretty well-respected poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonic R
Well its officially done…

Chauncey has taken his physical and passed.

Both players will suit up for their respective teams tomorrow night.

What about Samb? Dun, Dun, Dun.........
hoopaddict08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2008, 05:45 PM   #502
DeuceWallaces
I am your density

DeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by FPower
I'm really psyched for AI's debut on Friday, but I'm REALLY looking forward to Sunday at the Palace. I bought some cheap tickets, and it should be a blast. I'm guessing it's going to be louder in there than it has in a long time.

The league's being stupid about the jersey thing. I understand they don't want guys switching numbers during the season, but when a trade goes down, that definitely qualifies as extenuating circumstances. Let AI have his #3...he'll look weird without it. It's just a number I suppose, but still...

Man I wish I could go, would even consider the 5 hour drive to see it. Was there for 'Sheed's debut and it was awesome.
DeuceWallaces is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2008, 06:07 PM   #503
KB42PAH
Banned

KB42PAH has an OK reputation so far

Great trade for both teams.

Pistons needed a change, Billups although a top 6 PG, has been sleepwalking with no real fire in the EAST.

Denver is/was going nowhere with their lack of defense, and Billups should help. Melo/iverson would never have worked out - can't have 2 volume jumpshooters on the same team and expect to win .
KB42PAH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2008, 06:23 PM   #504
JJ81
Good college starter

JJ81 is popular on this boardJJ81 is popular on this boardJJ81 is popular on this boardJJ81 is popular on this boardJJ81 is popular on this board

JJ81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2008, 06:42 PM   #505
Sonic R
Be Attitude For Gains

anyone got links to Billups press conference?

It was held just about a 45 minutes ago. They had most of it on the radio but Stony and Wojo kept cutting in and ad libbing…
Old 11-06-2008, 07:00 PM   #506
embersyc
Lurker

embersyc has a terrific reputationembersyc has a terrific reputationembersyc has a terrific reputationembersyc has a terrific reputationembersyc has a terrific reputationembersyc has a terrific reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeuceWallaces
Man I wish I could go, would even consider the 5 hour drive to see it. Was there for 'Sheed's debut and it was awesome.

I was at that game too, bought the tickets before the trade even happened. It was exciting, but then when Sheed didn't get to play in the second half because the league called and said the trade wasn't actually finalized they never really explained it to the crowd. I remember we were chanting "WE WANT SHEED" and cussing Larry Brown out. I only read about what happened when I got home.
embersyc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2008, 07:27 PM   #507
KB42PAH
Banned

KB42PAH has an OK reputation so far

If detroit gels they might be able to beat the Celtics
KB42PAH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2008, 09:00 PM   #508
DeuceWallaces
I am your density

DeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by embersyc
I was at that game too, bought the tickets before the trade even happened. It was exciting, but then when Sheed didn't get to play in the second half because the league called and said the trade wasn't actually finalized they never really explained it to the crowd. I remember we were chanting "WE WANT SHEED" and cussing Larry Brown out. I only read about what happened when I got home.

Yeah, we had no clue why he didn't come back after the first 7 minutes or so he played.
DeuceWallaces is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2008, 11:54 PM   #509
KRAYZIE
Decent college freshman

KRAYZIE is considered somewhat coolKRAYZIE is considered somewhat coolKRAYZIE is considered somewhat cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by JJ81
LMAO!
More like, "Can't say I tried".
God, I hate his frickin' guts!
KRAYZIE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2008, 02:10 AM   #510
francesco totti
Decent college freshman

francesco totti has decent reputationfrancesco totti has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonic R
anyone got links to Billups press conference?

It was held just about a 45 minutes ago. They had most of it on the radio but Stony and Wojo kept cutting in and ad libbing…

This is part of it..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AtQqMsFR8go

AI was interviewed by ESPN as well..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sgxrMk4ty24

His thoughts going to Pistons..

francesco totti is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: