Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Denver Nuggets Forum

Denver Nuggets Forum Denver Nuggets forum - Denver Nuggets message board

Old 11-07-2008, 05:56 AM   #511
Sonic R
Be Attitude For Gains

Sonic R has a terrific reputationSonic R has a terrific reputationSonic R has a terrific reputationSonic R has a terrific reputationSonic R has a terrific reputationSonic R has a terrific reputation
Default Re: Nuggets trade Allen Iverson to Pistons for Chauncey Billups, McDyess

Quote:
Originally Posted by francesco totti
This is part of it..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AtQqMsFR8go

AI was interviewed by ESPN as well..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sgxrMk4ty24

His thoughts going to Pistons..

Thanks!
Sonic R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2008, 10:11 AM   #512
hoopaddict08
Decent college freshman

hoopaddict08 is a pretty well-respected posterhoopaddict08 is a pretty well-respected posterhoopaddict08 is a pretty well-respected posterhoopaddict08 is a pretty well-respected poster
Default Re: Nuggets trade Allen Iverson to Pistons for Chauncey Billups, McDyess

I'm going to miss Chauncey, I'm glad though that he is happy!
hoopaddict08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2008, 10:23 AM   #513
Sonic R
Be Attitude For Gains

Sonic R has a terrific reputationSonic R has a terrific reputationSonic R has a terrific reputationSonic R has a terrific reputationSonic R has a terrific reputationSonic R has a terrific reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoopaddict08
I'm going to miss Chauncey, I'm glad though that he is happy!

it is indeed bittersweet…
He is happy to be home at a better time in his career… its almost like the Pistons did him a small favor by trading to his most desirable destination.
Old 11-07-2008, 11:27 AM   #514
DuMa
Canned

DuMa has a terrific reputationDuMa has a terrific reputationDuMa has a terrific reputationDuMa has a terrific reputationDuMa has a terrific reputation

DuMa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2008, 11:33 AM   #515
hoopaddict08
Decent college freshman

hoopaddict08 is a pretty well-respected posterhoopaddict08 is a pretty well-respected posterhoopaddict08 is a pretty well-respected posterhoopaddict08 is a pretty well-respected poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by DuMa

It's just as weird as seeing Ben Wallace when he was in a Bulls jersey.
hoopaddict08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2008, 11:36 AM   #516
NugzFan
NBA lottery pick

NugzFan is considered somewhat coolNugzFan is considered somewhat cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by KB42PAH
Great trade for both teams.

Pistons needed a change, Billups although a top 6 PG, has been sleepwalking with no real fire in the EAST.

Denver is/was going nowhere with their lack of defense, and Billups should help. Melo/iverson would never have worked out - can't have 2 volume jumpshooters on the same team and expect to win .

still with the lack of defense crap? its our offense thats the problem, not our D (which was around 10th last year)
NugzFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2008, 11:37 AM   #517
NugzFan
NBA lottery pick

NugzFan is considered somewhat coolNugzFan is considered somewhat cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by DuMa

NugzFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2008, 12:03 PM   #518
Sonic R
Be Attitude For Gains

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoopaddict08
It's just as weird as seeing Ben Wallace when he was in a Bulls jersey.

Ben in a Bulls jersey was terrible and far worse. coming from the time of the Bad Boys… I really hated the Bulls…
Old 11-07-2008, 12:07 PM   #519
Samurai Swoosh
Root Of All Evil

Samurai Swoosh is a pretty well-respected posterSamurai Swoosh is a pretty well-respected posterSamurai Swoosh is a pretty well-respected poster

If Detroit gels with Iverson they could be BETTER than the Celtics. If you get Rasheed motivated, he's every bit as good as KG. Iverson is a significant punch to add to Rasheed / Hamilton / Prince
Samurai Swoosh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2008, 01:19 PM   #520
Posts Penyeach
High school junior varsity star

Posts Penyeach has decent reputation
Default Re: Where does AI fit in the new team?

Great deal for both teams. The Pistons used to be a team with 4 great second-options and no first option. The Nuggets used to be a team with 2 great first options and no second option, and no defense. Now the makeup of both teams make more sense.

Nobody on the Pistons wants to, or in fact can, handle the ball or create a shot for himself consistently on-ball. AI can now assume the offense from a bunch of good players who don't want it and, with the exception of Sheed, wouldn't be able to do anything with it anyway. The Pistons are a team of guys who want to be passed to, and even better, and unlike any group of teammates AI has ever had, can catch the ball. Meanwhile the Nuggets can finally make Melo the centerpiece of their offense and I think Billups is the ideal fit with him, and improves them defensively, and even more importantly I think, makes them legit in the halfcourt game needed to win.

It would have been nice to keep McDyess, and I have no idea what exactly the Nuggets want with him unless his contract is up soon (how many former-athletic monsters with monster potential who became washed up old disappointments overnight because of injuries does one roster need? Is Kemp coming back too?) but I don't see the Pistons missing him too badly.
Posts Penyeach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2008, 01:29 PM   #521
boozehound
An uglier Lamar Doom

boozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: Where does AI fit in the new team?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Posts Penyeach
It would have been nice to keep McDyess, and I have no idea what exactly the Nuggets want with him unless his contract is up soon (how many former-athletic monsters with monster potential who became washed up old disappointments overnight because of injuries does one roster need? Is Kemp coming back too?) but I don't see the Pistons missing him too badly.
Dice has actually developed a very solid post-athlete game and has played some of his best team ball post his athletic prime. his shot is money out to 15-17 ft, his D is great and he is a very smart player with spacing the floor on both O and D. so the nuggets would want him cause it makes their big man rotation significantly better. this aint J howard.

other than that, good post.
boozehound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2008, 03:29 AM   #522
Jeroen T.
Can barely lace up my sneakers

Jeroen T. has an OK reputation so far
Thumbs up Re: Nuggets trade Allen Iverson to Pistons for Chauncey Billups, McDyess

its an homecomming for chauncey billups but.. i think it was a good trade for both teams. check: www.woodpeckersju14.webs.com
Jeroen T. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2008, 09:53 AM   #523
francesco totti
Decent college freshman

francesco totti has decent reputationfrancesco totti has decent reputation

an agreement has been reached between denver & mcdyess...

http://blogs.rockymountainnews.com/n...s_gives_u.html

mcdyess will give up big bucks in buyout...

Last edited by francesco totti : 11-08-2008 at 09:58 AM.
francesco totti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2008, 12:51 PM   #524
hito da god
look that way >>>>

hito da god is a pretty well-respected posterhito da god is a pretty well-respected posterhito da god is a pretty well-respected posterhito da god is a pretty well-respected poster

this trade is where we find out what iverson's legacy will be... he's been put in such a great situation, i know i'll be judging his legacy based on what happens in detroit. he's finally in a situation where he has a great shot to win and win BIG. i for one think a finals appearance isn't out of the question. lakers vs. pistons pt. 2 would be a great series. he's got a ton of shooters around him so he'll get plenty iso's, and if he can be as efficient as he was last night [28 points on 12 shots from the field] this pistons team can be very dangerous.

as for chauncey, i think this is where everyone will realize how good of a point guard he really is. he was the catalyst for the pistons the past few years... he was their best player. now he'll lead the nuggets deep into the playoffs, i wouldn't be surprised if he took them to the WCF.
hito da god is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2008, 01:06 PM   #525
GOBB
Sixers|Eagles|Phillies

GOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

lol@Billups taking Denver to the WCF. Why the hell would you type that? Since when did Billups cure ALL of Denvers problems? You're overrating the hell out of Billups potential impact. I just love how this team loses Iverson/Camby and replaces them with Billups and moves Nene/Jr Smith into the starting lineup and this is a better TEAM. Also love how George Karl becomes a better coach as well. Seriously, rethink what you typed. Try breaking down Denvers strengths, weaknesses, how the team is coached and player personnel. Then tell me with a straight face adding Billups you wouldnt be surprised to see them in the WCF. Like really. Stop.
GOBB is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: