Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Denver Nuggets Forum

Denver Nuggets Forum Denver Nuggets forum - Denver Nuggets message board

Old 11-03-2008, 12:11 PM   #61
Valliant13
NBA lottery pick

Valliant13 is considered somewhat coolValliant13 is considered somewhat coolValliant13 is considered somewhat cool
Default Re: AI for Billups?

Smart financial move by Detroit, and nice short term basketball addition for Denver...though I think the Nuggets will regret it down the road when Billups loses it and they are stuck with his contract.
Valliant13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2008, 12:12 PM   #62
Hammertime
Our Enes is bigger

Hammertime is popular on this boardHammertime is popular on this boardHammertime is popular on this boardHammertime is popular on this boardHammertime is popular on this board

I don't understand this at all. 2 years ago, AI was worth nothing more than Andre Miller + filler, and this year, having aged, declined, and gotten fat, he's worth an NBA Finals MVP.
Hammertime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2008, 12:14 PM   #63
markymark
Local High School Star

markymark has not been impressing people

Deeeeetroit Basketbaaaallll
markymark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2008, 12:14 PM   #64
power works
High School JV MVP

power works has an OK reputation so far

TERRIBLE TRADE FOR THE PISTONS!

Mr Big Shot is the heart-n-soul of the Pistons.

He is a defensive stopper, scorer and leader. A low-maintenance star.

Every year people talk about the Pistons as being washed up. I always disagreed; they're still dangerous and elite as long as Billups is there.

Now the Pistons get a me-first, shot-happy, ball-hoggin, no defence, high-maintenance 33-year old Iverson.
power works is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2008, 12:15 PM   #65
DuMa
Canned

DuMa has a terrific reputationDuMa has a terrific reputationDuMa has a terrific reputationDuMa has a terrific reputationDuMa has a terrific reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hammertime
I don't understand this at all. 2 years ago, AI was worth nothing more than Andre Miller + filler, and this year, having aged, declined, and gotten fat, he's worth an NBA Finals MVP.
thats like saying Marion was worth an 3x NBA Finals MVP since he got traded for Shaq.

Hammertime =
DuMa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2008, 12:15 PM   #66
All Net
Twitter-@AllNetSports

All Net is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAll Net is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAll Net is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAll Net is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAll Net is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAll Net is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAll Net is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAll Net is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAll Net is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAll Net is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAll Net is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hammertime

Don't act like Billups was a finals MVP last year, he himself has declined as well. Billups has been dissapointing the past few seasons.
All Net is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2008, 12:16 PM   #67
ihatetimthomas
NBA Superstar

ihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

This really is as good as it gets for AI. He has overstayed his welcome in Denver and was going no where. Now he gets to play with some real talent that is more team oriented. This should fit AI's style well. Rip is their best offensive weapon but he doesnt need to dominate the ball like Melo. AI/Rip backcourt is going to be tough to handle by any team. This also opens the doors for their younger guns in Maxiel and Amir to step up in place of Dice.
ihatetimthomas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2008, 12:17 PM   #68
francesco totti
Decent college freshman

francesco totti has decent reputationfrancesco totti has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by markymark
Deeeeetroit Basketbaaaallll

LOOOL. Looks like we got our new teams..BuT I dont like it..changing teams..

philadephia, denver ..and now detroit..and then what?? its getting ugly...
francesco totti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2008, 12:17 PM   #69
BankShot
5-time NBA All-Star

BankShot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBankShot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBankShot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBankShot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBankShot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBankShot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBankShot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBankShot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBankShot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBankShot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBankShot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by guy
Umm no he won't. If thats the case, then he would probably be the starting PG over Anthony Carter.

Are you kidding me??? Does that mean Rip Hamilton or Tayshaun Prince are going to either play out of position or come off the bench?? Seriously??
BankShot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2008, 12:19 PM   #70
Sonic R
Be Attitude For Gains

Sonic R has a terrific reputationSonic R has a terrific reputationSonic R has a terrific reputationSonic R has a terrific reputationSonic R has a terrific reputationSonic R has a terrific reputation

Trying to figure why this trade is happening…

It would make more sense next year during the big free agent summer but what FA's are going to be available this summer?

Deal makes sense financially but there are no FA's this summer

Fucking Bill Davidson… always thinking fiscally

AND so what does Detroit do for PG? Is Rip going to sit on the bench? Is AI going to be assigned the point? Whats up with Afflalo, whom now gets lost in this mix? IS there another possible move to be made by February? Sheed and AI for some one???
Sonic R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2008, 12:19 PM   #71
quasimoto
Banned

quasimoto is a pretty well-respected posterquasimoto is a pretty well-respected posterquasimoto is a pretty well-respected posterquasimoto is a pretty well-respected poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkfan
Looks like I got this right, if Steven Smith is right on ESPN.
What trade didn't you propose?
quasimoto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2008, 12:22 PM   #72
Twiens
lakers/raptors

Twiens is considered somewhat coolTwiens is considered somewhat coolTwiens is considered somewhat cool

I actually like it for the Pistons....lets face it, they weren't winning the title with the samer roster.

C-Sheed
PF-Maxiell
SF-Prince
SG-Rip
PG-Iverson
Twiens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2008, 12:23 PM   #73
RAPSCANWIN
Keeping the Bench Warm

RAPSCANWIN has decent reputation

2 Declining players......

But I don't understand the sense of this trade, I dont think either team got better then they were.

At least Detroit gets a huge expiring contract.
RAPSCANWIN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2008, 12:24 PM   #74
boozehound
An uglier Lamar Doom

boozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by All Net
Works well for both sides I think as Denver need a PG. One thing I don't like is trading Dice.
and apparently cheik "get that **** outta here" Samb!. Now I really dont want it to go down.
boozehound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2008, 12:25 PM   #75
dhenk
Why do you care?

dhenk has an OK reputation so far

As a Boston fan, I love this move.

AI is a much better matchup for Rondo than Billups, who killed us in our two playoff losses last year (together with Rip).

I have to say it again, I love it.
dhenk is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: