Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Toronto Raptors Forum

Toronto Raptors Forum Toronto Raptors message board - Toronto Raptors forum

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 11-03-2008, 10:09 AM   #1
bokes15
Playoffs!
 
bokes15's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: New York City
Posts: 9,282
Default On November 5, guard play questions will be answered..

.. when we play the Detroit Pistons. I'm very excited to see how we do against this team as it'll be our first big test. I have not gotten overconfident based on our first 3 games, but this game will be a turning point. We're now gonna see how we stack up against what has been one of the top 2 teams in the EC for the past several years.. and this year, I think we have a good shot.
bokes15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2008, 11:13 AM   #2
RAPSCANWIN
Keeping the Bench Warm
 
RAPSCANWIN's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: In a Field of Potatoes
Posts: 923
Default Re: On November 5, guard play questions will be answered..

We'll be fine unless the crowd/Refs piss off Rasheed and he goes off for 10 3s in 5 min.

He's the best pissed off player since MJ.
RAPSCANWIN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2008, 11:21 AM   #3
Sekman
Great young streetballer
 
Sekman's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Posts: 525
Default Re: On November 5, guard play questions will be answered..

This is indeed a big test.. against a Powerhouse...

My bet is still on Raptors, coz we play at home..

i am confident on our defense when we have:

JO/Bosh on Wallace
Moon on Prince
Parker on Hamilton

i expect a lot of Billups' post up on Jose.. A LOT
Sekman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2008, 02:22 PM   #4
bokes15
Playoffs!
 
bokes15's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: New York City
Posts: 9,282
Default Re: On November 5, guard play questions will be answered..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sekman
This is indeed a big test.. against a Powerhouse...

My bet is still on Raptors, coz we play at home..

i am confident on our defense when we have:

JO/Bosh on Wallace
Moon on Prince
Parker on Hamilton

i expect a lot of Billups' post up on Jose.. A LOT
no more Billups in Detroit, so I guess that's scratched out of the equation... and I don't know if AI would suit up.. but this is real interesting. Wow.
bokes15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2008, 02:27 PM   #5
Sekman
Great young streetballer
 
Sekman's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Posts: 525
Default Re: On November 5, guard play questions will be answered..

Quote:
Originally Posted by bokes15
no more Billups in Detroit, so I guess that's scratched out of the equation... and I don't know if AI would suit up.. but this is real interesting. Wow.


yeah, i posted the previous one before knowing the speculated trade...

if the trade goes, detroit will be stronger on wed because AI will have something to prove.. team morale will be high

vice versa, if the speculated trade doesn't go through, or becomes pending.. Detroit morale will be waaaaay down.. billups will feel betrayed.. they might not even play billups
Sekman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2008, 04:07 PM   #6
bokes15
Playoffs!
 
bokes15's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: New York City
Posts: 9,282
Default Re: On November 5, guard play questions will be answered..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sekman
yeah, i posted the previous one before knowing the speculated trade...

if the trade goes, detroit will be stronger on wed because AI will have something to prove.. team morale will be high

vice versa, if the speculated trade doesn't go through, or becomes pending.. Detroit morale will be waaaaay down.. billups will feel betrayed.. they might not even play billups
I may be the only one here... but i'm kind of disappointed. I wanted true test of how we fair against one of the east's elite. I mean they could still beat us, but it just doesn't feel the same.
bokes15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2008, 04:11 PM   #7
jrcp3
GuardsWinChampionships
 
jrcp3's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: City of God
Posts: 1,192
Default Re: On November 5, guard play questions will be answered..

Yup Billups is gone than DET are no way the same team for atleast a couple of months ..... ATLANTA HAWKS WILL BE THE TRUE TEST! They are on fire right now and are pretty much on the same level as we ..... THEY GOT MR JOJO JOHNSON aka CLUTCH who dropped 35 last game ..... if we shut down Jo johnson and will the game i was be convienced that we can get the eastern conference finals!
jrcp3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2008, 04:16 PM   #8
Chamberlain
Riggin' for Wiggins!
 
Chamberlain's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Cape Breton Island
Posts: 4,242
Default Re: On November 5, guard play questions will be answered..

I doubt Iverson will be inthe lineup, but even if he isn't the Pistons are still a tough team with Stuckey filling in at the point.
Chamberlain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2008, 04:21 PM   #9
The Italian
Defense? Whats that?
 
The Italian's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: On the Rasho Bandwagon
Posts: 2,736
Default Re: On November 5, guard play questions will be answered..

I could see Iverson being in the lineup. I mean the game is on Wed. after all and the trade will be 100% official today most likely. That gives them one day of practice and such with the team before they play the Raps. I don't think that Iverson wouldn't play against the Raps.
The Italian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2008, 04:32 PM   #10
bballnoob
Decent college freshman
 
bballnoob's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 1,921
Default Re: On November 5, guard play questions will be answered..

Quote:
Originally Posted by bokes15
I may be the only one here... but i'm kind of disappointed. I wanted true test of how we fair against one of the east's elite. I mean they could still beat us, but it just doesn't feel the same.

I'll take any break the team can get. There will be enough tests for this team throughout the season +playoffs. Just pile up on the W's.
bballnoob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2008, 09:24 PM   #11
Prodigy
Diaw Fan
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: VanCity
Posts: 1,785
Default Re: On November 5, guard play questions will be answered..

Quote:
Originally Posted by bballnoob
I'll take any break the team can get. There will be enough tests for this team throughout the season +playoffs. Just pile up on the W's.

Amen. I want to see 50 Ws this season.
Prodigy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2008, 10:05 PM   #12
bokes15
Playoffs!
 
bokes15's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: New York City
Posts: 9,282
Default Re: On November 5, guard play questions will be answered..

Quote:
Originally Posted by bballnoob
I'll take any break the team can get. There will be enough tests for this team throughout the season +playoffs. Just pile up on the W's.
I still don't consider it an easy win. They still have Rip, Tayshaun, Sheed, Stuckey, and it's been reported that A.I. is gonna be introduced to the media on Tuesday and may suit up by Wednesday. All I was really saying is that if we do win, it wouldn't feel like a win against a complete team.
bokes15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2008, 02:21 PM   #13
YaoMing4MVP
I hit open 5-footers
 
YaoMing4MVP's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Posts: 54
Default Re: On November 5, guard play questions will be answered..

I don't think there's a good chance of winning this game. We're playing well right now, but against mediocre teams. Pistons is the 3rd best team in the NBA after Celtics and Lakers. They will out play us in every category, most notably the rebounding category. We got away with poor rebounding in our first 3 games because of our good offense against mediocre defense from Bucks, Warriors, and 76ers. We're not going to get away with it against the Pistons.

Oh and um.......... that is coupled with the AI factor, who scores on average 30pts per game against us.

I'd say we'll lose by 8 points.
YaoMing4MVP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2008, 03:24 PM   #14
Jballer
Local High School Star
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 1,399
Default Re: On November 5, guard play questions will be answered..

I say Raptors by 4 - possibly in OT.

Another gut check win.

AI gets 40.

Still - AI wont share the ball and still gonna be some passing lane misreads.

Atlanta IS hot. Do you think these kids can sustain this??? I dunno - who have they played.
Jballer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2008, 04:39 PM   #15
bokes15
Playoffs!
 
bokes15's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: New York City
Posts: 9,282
Default Re: On November 5, guard play questions will be answered..

Quote:
Originally Posted by YaoMing4MVP
I don't think there's a good chance of winning this game. We're playing well right now, but against mediocre teams. Pistons is the 3rd best team in the NBA after Celtics and Lakers. They will out play us in every category, most notably the rebounding category. We got away with poor rebounding in our first 3 games because of our good offense against mediocre defense from Bucks, Warriors, and 76ers. We're not going to get away with it against the Pistons.

Oh and um.......... that is coupled with the AI factor, who scores on average 30pts per game against us.

I'd say we'll lose by 8 points.
Did you watch any of the games? Saturday against the Bucks we only put up 91 points and against the Sixers our offense struggled. We've been winning the games by holding our opponents to 41% fg's. Our offense hasn't exactly been blowing teams out of games.

I agree that we'll probably have problems with rebounding, but we aren't "outmatched in every category"
This year the Pistons D has been allowing over 100 points a night on .507 fg% vs our 93 points allowed on .413 fg%. Their assists are almost equal to ours, and their aren't any noticably better categories on their end other than rebounding. The Pistons are definitely not as sound defensively as they used to be, and that will be an even bigger problem with Allen Iverson at the reigns instead of Chauncey Billups. We have a good shot at this game.
bokes15 is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by:
Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 04:20 AM.




NBA Basketball Forum Key Links:
InsideHoops Home
NBA Rumors
Basketball Blog
NBA Daily Recaps
NBA Videos
Fantasy Basketball
NBA Mock Draft
NBA Free Agents
All-Star Weekend
---
High School Basketball
Streetball
---
InsideHoops Twitter
Search Our Site













Powered by vBulletin Version 3.5.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd. Terms of Use/Service | Privacy Policy