Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Toronto Raptors Forum

Toronto Raptors Forum Toronto Raptors message board - Toronto Raptors forum

Old 11-04-2008, 04:06 PM   #16
Sekman
Great young streetballer

Sekman has an OK reputation so far
Default Re: On November 5, guard play questions will be answered..

Quote:
Originally Posted by YaoMing4MVP
I don't think there's a good chance of winning this game. We're playing well right now, but against mediocre teams. Pistons is the 3rd best team in the NBA after Celtics and Lakers. They will out play us in every category, most notably the rebounding category. We got away with poor rebounding in our first 3 games because of our good offense against mediocre defense from Bucks, Warriors, and 76ers. We're not going to get away with it against the Pistons.

Oh and um.......... that is coupled with the AI factor, who scores on average 30pts per game against us.

I'd say we'll lose by 8 points.

I don't think we're that bad.. especially we'll be playing at Home on Wednesday.

Prince and Hamilton hasn't been hot lately... Rasheed should be contained by JO IMO...

AI/Stuckey will be our biggest problem and the title of this thread suits it perfectly "guard play question will be answered..", especially their ability to Defend

Bosh, as usual, will be our winning factor since they don't have any players who can shut down bosh

my gut tells me Raptors will win!!!! And Jose will be big!
Sekman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2008, 05:04 PM   #17
danumber88
I'm a neat monster.

danumber88 has an incredible reputation heredanumber88 has an incredible reputation heredanumber88 has an incredible reputation heredanumber88 has an incredible reputation heredanumber88 has an incredible reputation heredanumber88 has an incredible reputation heredanumber88 has an incredible reputation here

Our frontcourt > their froncourt.

Key victory:

-containing Rip Hamilton
-grab defensive rebounds
danumber88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2008, 10:27 PM   #18
YaoMing4MVP
I hit open 5-footers

YaoMing4MVP has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sekman
I don't think we're that bad.. especially we'll be playing at Home on Wednesday.

Prince and Hamilton hasn't been hot lately... Rasheed should be contained by JO IMO...

AI/Stuckey will be our biggest problem and the title of this thread suits it perfectly "guard play question will be answered..", especially their ability to Defend

Bosh, as usual, will be our winning factor since they don't have any players who can shut down bosh

my gut tells me Raptors will win!!!! And Jose will be big!

I definately agree that we're not that bad. Losing to the Pistons doesn't mean we're bad, it just means they are a bit better.

It's good to be optimistic, but I don't feel it for this one. I will stick with my prediction of losing by at least 6 points. we're probably going to be out rebounded by 20.
YaoMing4MVP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2008, 10:50 PM   #19
Sekman
Great young streetballer

Sekman has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by YaoMing4MVP
I definately agree that we're not that bad. Losing to the Pistons doesn't mean we're bad, it just means they are a bit better.

It's good to be optimistic, but I don't feel it for this one. I will stick with my prediction of losing by at least 6 points. we're probably going to be out rebounded by 20.

Bring it On~
Sekman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2008, 01:56 PM   #20
Chamberlain
Riggin' for Wiggins!

Chamberlain has a terrific reputationChamberlain has a terrific reputationChamberlain has a terrific reputationChamberlain has a terrific reputationChamberlain has a terrific reputation

A little off topic guys, but I'm picking up a proline on my way home from class and I need some help on picking the Pistons/Raptors game tonight.

If the Raptors win this game I don't think it will be by more than five points (a tie), as I think it will be a very close game. The Pistons on the other hand, if Iverson plays and explodes, could win by 10+.

Any suggestions on what I should do?
Chamberlain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2008, 03:04 PM   #21
Beebo
****ing Rudy Gay man

Beebo has decent reputationBeebo has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chamberlain
A little off topic guys, but I'm picking up a proline on my way home from class and I need some help on picking the Pistons/Raptors game tonight.

If the Raptors win this game I don't think it will be by more than five points (a tie), as I think it will be a very close game. The Pistons on the other hand, if Iverson plays and explodes, could win by 10+.

Any suggestions on what I should do?

No one is sure if AI is gonna play yet....

Apparently Billups has yet to take a physical so that means AI won't be allowed to play.
Beebo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2008, 09:32 PM   #22
Qwyjibo
Yankee.Hotel.Foxtrot

Qwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Well the Raptors failed this test.

- Parker and Moon are adequate starters at best. Wouldn't want either guy playing more than 28 minutes per game though.

- Graham and Kapono are total scrubs.

- Calderon can't guard anyone in the NBA well but at least has stepped up his aggressiveness on offense. I'm glad he is looking for his own shot more and the Raptors need him to do this all year. He likely won't ever be much of a defensive player but just keep up the high efficiency on offense.
Qwyjibo is online now   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: