Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Denver Nuggets Forum

Denver Nuggets Forum Denver Nuggets forum - Denver Nuggets message board

Old 11-03-2008, 04:08 PM   #16
KRAYZIE
Decent college freshman

KRAYZIE is considered somewhat coolKRAYZIE is considered somewhat coolKRAYZIE is considered somewhat cool
Default Re: Good bye A.I.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geandily
Strange that everybody here hates the trade and everybody on Nuggets Talk loves it.. Honestly I think it's good for the team, I think we'll start off slow with him though.

A bittersweet trade if there ever was one
Not everybody. Somewhere in the Rocky mountain state of Colorado, CaptainOwlClub is weeping out of joy.
KRAYZIE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2008, 04:08 PM   #17
AItheAnswer3
Decent college freshman

AItheAnswer3 has an incredible reputation hereAItheAnswer3 has an incredible reputation hereAItheAnswer3 has an incredible reputation hereAItheAnswer3 has an incredible reputation hereAItheAnswer3 has an incredible reputation hereAItheAnswer3 has an incredible reputation hereAItheAnswer3 has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by paguy1955
The Denver Nuggets have waived F Juwan Howard, team Vice President of Basketball Operations Mark Warkentien announced today. Howard appeared in all three games for the Nuggets this season, averaging 0.7 ppg and 1.3 rpg in 7.3 minutes. InsideHoops.com

Cheikh Samb #35 Center

2008-09 Statistics
PPG 0.0 RPG 0.00 APG 0.0 EFF ? Born: Oct 22, 1984
Height: 7-1 / 2,16
Weight: 245 lbs. / 111,1 kg.
Years Pro: 1

This is the FUTURE of the Nuggets..we are DOOMED!

Why the hell did they waive Howard?
AItheAnswer3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2008, 04:13 PM   #18
paguy1955
High School Starter

paguy1955 has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geandily
Strange that everybody here hates the trade and everybody on Nuggets Talk loves it.. Honestly I think it's good for the team, I think we'll start off slow with him though.

A bittersweet trade if there ever was one

You don't understand...They fed us a line of B.S. by giving away camby..Now what do they do.. Now again we are gonna be over the salary cap and without 2 of our best players.
We got Mr Denver( Billips) for 4 years at around 15 million a year.. So over the cap again.

And the center, well his stats speak for themself.

And Antonio..well another over 30 year old player on his last contract.. Oh yeah he said he won't put on a Denver uniforn.....

I think when i get home I am gonna fall on a knife.

What makes me really mad is the fact that I just shelled of 3400.00 for two 10 game packages. And what do I get in return...NO AI...

Gonna try to recoop some of my money and put the tickets on EBAY!!
paguy1955 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2008, 04:13 PM   #19
francesco totti
Decent college freshman

francesco totti has decent reputationfrancesco totti has decent reputation

Okey, I will assume the team got better then before. And Billups is and will be better then AI. So? Lakers Rockets Hornets Jazz are still better.. 1st round playoffs at best again.It doesnt make any difference.Does it?

Future wise. You have Billups whose aging, and his contract..while AI is expirer next summer.. If AI was kept & not resigned, there was a chance to sign someone very young.

I cant see the benefits of this trade. Improve the team? But how much did it improve?? 1ST round playoffs again.Future wise, AI's expiring contract is better...

Also on Mcdyess, they are saying his contract will be bought out. The rebounding problems will still be there against likes of Okur-Boozer & Bynum-Gasol.
francesco totti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2008, 04:42 PM   #20
AItheAnswer3
Decent college freshman

AItheAnswer3 has an incredible reputation hereAItheAnswer3 has an incredible reputation hereAItheAnswer3 has an incredible reputation hereAItheAnswer3 has an incredible reputation hereAItheAnswer3 has an incredible reputation hereAItheAnswer3 has an incredible reputation hereAItheAnswer3 has an incredible reputation here

So Mcdyess doesnt wanna play anywhere except for Detroit?
Apparentyl, his contract will be bought out and he'll become a FA.
Old 11-03-2008, 05:05 PM   #21
OneMoreSucka
NBA Legend

OneMoreSucka has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by KRAYZIE
Not everybody. Somewhere in the Rocky mountain state of Colorado, CaptainOwlClub is weeping out of joy.
I'm a huge fan of this trade, but I've always been a fan of Detroit since my mom is from there so I'm kinda biased.

John Hollinger put us in the 5-6 seed just from this, when a week ago we were bound for lottery. It's unbelievable.
OneMoreSucka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2008, 05:07 PM   #22
OneMoreSucka
NBA Legend

OneMoreSucka has an OK reputation so far

Did Mcdyess confirm he wouldn't play? Every time denver plays detroit, altitude always interviews him and he says he loves it here....
OneMoreSucka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2008, 05:08 PM   #23
paguy1955
High School Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by AItheAnswer3
Why the hell did they waive Howard?

Very simple...it's the numbers.... can only have 15..so to make the trade they had to bring the roster to 12 so that they can add the 3 players from the pistons.... if Mcdyss refuses to come here they they can bring Howard back if they want to keep 15 players.....got it?
Old 11-03-2008, 05:10 PM   #24
AItheAnswer3
Decent college freshman

Quote:
Originally Posted by OneMoreSucka
Did Mcdyess confirm he wouldn't play? Every time denver plays detroit, altitude always interviews him and he says he loves it here....

Yup. He's being an ass.
Old 11-03-2008, 05:11 PM   #25
AItheAnswer3
Decent college freshman

Quote:

Very simple...it's the numbers.... can only have 15..so to make the trade they had to bring the roster to 12 so that they can add the 3 players from the pistons.... if Mcdyss refuses to come here they they can bring Howard back if they want to keep 15 players.....got it?

I think they'll have to bring Howard back since Dice doesnt wanna play.
Old 11-03-2008, 05:13 PM   #26
KRAYZIE
Decent college freshman

KRAYZIE is considered somewhat coolKRAYZIE is considered somewhat coolKRAYZIE is considered somewhat cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by OneMoreSucka
I'm a huge fan of this trade, but I've always been a fan of Detroit since my mom is from there so I'm kinda biased.

John Hollinger put us in the 5-6 seed just from this, when a week ago we were bound for lottery. It's unbelievable.
You mean the same John Hollinger who predicted that Chicago was going to be the #1 seed last year?
http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/s...ecastIndex0708

This is what I think about his opinion:
KRAYZIE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2008, 05:22 PM   #27
paguy1955
High School Starter

Quote:
I think they'll have to bring Howard back since Dice doesnt wanna play.

maybe not right away since that 7 footer they got from Detroit might get a chance
Old 11-03-2008, 05:23 PM   #28
paguy1955
High School Starter

Quote:
Yup. He's being an ass.

Did you think that it might not be the city but the STAFF is why he won't come back!
Old 11-03-2008, 05:25 PM   #29
AItheAnswer3
Decent college freshman

Quote:
Did you think that it might not be the city but the STAFF is why he won't come back!

I dont really think its the city or the staff. He just wants to end his career in Detroit.

Quote:
There is one sticking point to the deal, though. TNT analyst David Aldridge reports that McDyess does not want to go to Denver, and a source close to him says "he will not put on a Nuggets uniform" and may opt to retire.

Because of McDyess's objection, the Nuggets may waive the mandatory physical each player in a trade must take in order for the league to approve any deal. McDyess may be seeking a buyout of the remainder of his contract (two years, $13.6 million).

A source with knowledge of the trade discussions says that the Nuggets would be willing to discuss a buyout with McDyess, but only if he agrees to a "significant" amount less than the $13.6 million he's due through the end of the 2009-10 season.

According to the source, McDyess would have to give up about 50 percent of his salary, meaning he'd have to agree to take about $6.8 million of the $13.6 million he's due in any potential buyout if he wants to play elsewhere. Otherwise, the Nuggets will keep him on their roster regardless of whether he decides to report or not.

The Nuggets are extremely close to the luxury tax number of $71.1 million. Teams that spend more than that on player salaries have to pay a dollar for dollar penalty if they exceed the amount; every dollar spent above $71.1 million thus costs a team $2 in tax.

http://www.nba.com/2008/news/11/03/n....ap/index.html
Old 11-03-2008, 05:31 PM   #30
CaptainOwlClub
Great young streetballer

CaptainOwlClub has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by KRAYZIE

i didnt realise that id mentioned thinking iverson should be traded- but really it had to be done, & billips? i am thrilled

iverson is a great player, he just was not what the nugs needed- a non outside shooting 2gaurd who isnt a good defender did not give us anything that others couldnt imo

i have felt very strongly that the team had never made moves to complement carmelo (wich i believe is the right thing to do)- billups imo makes the whole team better, especially melo- w ac & iverson the entire defense can clog the lane because there is no need to cover the 3 point line- now w billups & jr they cant leave them to help down unless they want chauncey & jr shooting open 3's

sad to hear mcdyss wont come back- how does that work? if he is paid off now is he still on the cap next year? i really think he could have been a perfect 3rd big, but either way im still happy

imo this team badly needed a pg and a captain, and chauncey fills both roles- it is now on carmelo & jr to step up & i think they will- neither melo or iverson have the mentality of a vocal leader- billups will play that role

the only part i dont get was what changed dumars mind now? wasnt this the same deal proposed this summer?

b b b b billups
CaptainOwlClub is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: