Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Streetball Forum

Streetball Forum Streetball Message Board - street basketball and streetball forum

Old 07-28-2012, 11:20 AM   #1
FreezingTsmoove
#H3AT nation,GangGreen

FreezingTsmoove posts stuff that is definitely making some people angryFreezingTsmoove posts stuff that is definitely making some people angry
Default Is this an illegal move?

Holding the basketball like a football while you drive in. Like you cradle it in your hands. My friends told me it was a carry, but here is D Rose doing it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MI9eEghVzgE
FreezingTsmoove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2012, 01:12 PM   #2
C_lake2802
I airball my layups

C_lake2802 has an OK reputation so far
Default Re: Is this an illegal move?

As long as your not traveling (2 steps) your good bro.
C_lake2802 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2012, 03:02 AM   #3
mr beast
BEAST

mr beast has no real reputation yet.

ur friend is wrong lol

agree with clake, as long as you are not traveling or double dribbling it's legal
mr beast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2012, 06:02 AM   #4
Pushxx
Anti-NBA Hipster

Pushxx has an incredible reputation herePushxx has an incredible reputation herePushxx has an incredible reputation herePushxx has an incredible reputation herePushxx has an incredible reputation herePushxx has an incredible reputation herePushxx has an incredible reputation herePushxx has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by C_lake2802
As long as your not traveling (2 steps) your good bro.

This.
Pushxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2012, 11:24 AM   #5
Rake2204
7-time NBA All-Star

Rake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Just to pile on here, as long as the same legal amount of steps are involved (two) a player can place the ball wherever and however they want on their body. Collect it normally, hold it like a running back, put it on a platter, take it behind your back, fake a pass to a teammate, it's all good as long as it takes place with the legal amount of steps.
Rake2204 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2012, 01:45 PM   #6
Hazard
makhnovshchina

Hazard is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterHazard is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterHazard is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterHazard is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterHazard is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterHazard is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterHazard is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterHazard is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterHazard is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

I do the same thing and I've gotten into a few arguments with people trying to call a carry. Its pretty annoying.
Hazard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2012, 02:28 PM   #7
01amberfirewv
Serious playground baller

01amberfirewv has an OK reputation so far

Looked illegal when Rose did it because it looks like he took 3 steps. You can do what ever you want with the ball while taking two steps though. I like to carry the ball over the defenders head when driving and people always say I am carrying the ball but two steps is two steps.
01amberfirewv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2012, 08:08 PM   #8
Burgz V2
Decent college freshman

Burgz V2 is a pretty well-respected posterBurgz V2 is a pretty well-respected posterBurgz V2 is a pretty well-respected poster

first of all, it cant be carrying unless you dribble again

second, your friend is wrong its perfectly legal
Burgz V2 is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: