Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Streetball Forum

Streetball Forum Streetball Message Board - street basketball and streetball forum

Old 04-07-2009, 03:55 AM   #76
Brujesino
Someone buy me a PS4

Brujesino is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBrujesino is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBrujesino is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBrujesino is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBrujesino is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBrujesino is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBrujesino is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBrujesino is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBrujesino is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBrujesino is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBrujesino is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: What's your vert?

how do you determine your vert?

iam around 5'10 standing still i come 2 or 3 inches from the rim

running i cant touch the top of the rim
Brujesino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2009, 09:07 PM   #77
Zak

Zak has a terrific reputationZak has a terrific reputationZak has a terrific reputationZak has a terrific reputationZak has a terrific reputation

Update:

I turned 15 last week, measured at 6'2, 155 pounds.
Since moving to the States and playing basketball on my school's freshman team, I started squatting/calf raises/ stairs and boxes during school workouts for the first time, and have been able to SMASH volleyballs, girls basketballs, even a slightly deflated basketball (lol), still closest I can come with a real basketball is doing a sort of a bowl spin thing where it slides down from the back of the rim and goes in, or usually i can't grip it or jump off right.

The best I can get off of two feet is hanging on the rim one handed/two handed.
Zak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2009, 10:29 PM   #78
phoenix18
4/27/91-7/23/09

phoenix18 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterphoenix18 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterphoenix18 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterphoenix18 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterphoenix18 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterphoenix18 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterphoenix18 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterphoenix18 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brujesino
how do you determine your vert?

iam around 5'10 standing still i come 2 or 3 inches from the rim

running i cant touch the top of the rim

I am 5'9,fat and and can hold the rim does that mean when I lose the weight I should have Lebron type hops.
phoenix18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2009, 05:42 PM   #79
Splitz77
Good High School Starter

Splitz77 has decent reputation

I have a 32" Vertical..I just became the record holder for the school.
Splitz77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2009, 06:31 PM   #80
jc23
Decent playground baller

jc23 has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by Splitz77
I have a 32" Vertical..I just became the record holder for the school.

congrats. i am too
jc23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2009, 05:01 PM   #81
Zak

Zak has a terrific reputationZak has a terrific reputationZak has a terrific reputationZak has a terrific reputationZak has a terrific reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zak
Update:

I turned 15 last week, measured at 6'2, 155 pounds.
Since moving to the States and playing basketball on my school's freshman team, I started squatting/calf raises/ stairs and boxes during school workouts for the first time, and have been able to SMASH volleyballs, girls basketballs, even a slightly deflated basketball (lol), still closest I can come with a real basketball is doing a sort of a bowl spin thing where it slides down from the back of the rim and goes in, or usually i can't grip it or jump off right.

The best I can get off of two feet is hanging on the rim one handed/two handed.

Quick question, since i think i'm getting off up high enough to get a dunk down, just can't get it gripped or go off correctly, should i stop trying off one foot, and only practice 2 footed jumping to get more used to that?
Zak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2009, 10:59 PM   #82
dmoz21
Can barely lace up my sneakers

dmoz21 has an OK reputation so far

I used to have a 37 inch very. I'm 31 and say my vert is like 30 now. Click here to check out my dunk on streetball.com
dmoz21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2009, 02:07 AM   #83
Brujesino
Someone buy me a PS4

Brujesino is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBrujesino is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBrujesino is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBrujesino is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBrujesino is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBrujesino is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBrujesino is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBrujesino is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBrujesino is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBrujesino is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBrujesino is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by phoenix18
I am 5'9,fat and and can hold the rim does that mean when I lose the weight I should have Lebron type hops.

um i dont know

maybe if you work hard enough
Brujesino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2009, 08:13 PM   #84
BlitzForce
Kids at the park dunk on me

BlitzForce has an OK reputation so far

I know a white dude with a 50 inch vertical and 55+ off a run
5'9" 210lbs
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6UBkRpMStjM

Last edited by BlitzForce : 05-08-2009 at 08:21 PM.
BlitzForce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2009, 06:08 PM   #85
r1kk12

r1kk12 has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlitzForce
I know a white dude with a 50 inch vertical and 55+ off a run
5'9" 210lbs
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6UBkRpMStjM

wowwww
jus added that video to my blog.. THATS INCREDIBLE.. he must feel likehe can fly.

my blog is http://www.thisismycourt.blogspot.com

have a look..
r1kk12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2009, 10:26 PM   #86
Kumo
ISH Jump Crew

Kumo is considered somewhat coolKumo is considered somewhat coolKumo is considered somewhat cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zak
Quick question, since i think i'm getting off up high enough to get a dunk down, just can't get it gripped or go off correctly, should i stop trying off one foot, and only practice 2 footed jumping to get more used to that?

Hey, you live in the US now? Cool

However you dunk a girls ball, just do that. Its not really that you should jump any certain way... whatever is best for you. Some people are one-footed jumpers, others are two. You just aren't there yet... pretty damn close though
Kumo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2009, 07:26 PM   #87
djsmkb8
I airball my layups

djsmkb8 has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by r1kk12
wowwww
jus added that video to my blog.. THATS INCREDIBLE.. he must feel likehe can fly.

my blog is http://www.thisismycourt.blogspot.com

have a look..

He also squats 635x5, runs a 4.2, and is incredibly humble. He's definitely a person you want in your book of references.
djsmkb8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2009, 08:29 PM   #88
phoenix18
4/27/91-7/23/09

phoenix18 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterphoenix18 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterphoenix18 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterphoenix18 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterphoenix18 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterphoenix18 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterphoenix18 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterphoenix18 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Wow that great. I need to get my legs stronger like him. Then I will have like a 50 inch vert like that.
phoenix18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2009, 01:49 AM   #89
Shoo

Shoo has an OK reputation so far

My vertical is probably like 12" though I never officially measured. I am giving a conservative estimate so it might be more, but it definitely isn't two feet. I ain't gonna lie, I have no hops.

Last edited by Shoo : 05-16-2009 at 01:52 AM.
Shoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2009, 05:23 AM   #90
dab0yech0
3 Ball like Piatkowski

dab0yech0 has an incredible reputation heredab0yech0 has an incredible reputation heredab0yech0 has an incredible reputation heredab0yech0 has an incredible reputation heredab0yech0 has an incredible reputation heredab0yech0 has an incredible reputation here

I am 5'10" 155 and I have a 30-34 inch vertical depending on how I'm feeling that day
dab0yech0 is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: