Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Phoenix Suns Forum

Phoenix Suns Forum Phoenix Suns forum - Phoenix Suns message board

Old 11-04-2008, 09:40 AM   #1
3stat2
Local High School Star

3stat2 is considered somewhat cool3stat2 is considered somewhat cool
Default NBA Schedulers attempt to kill Shaq, Nash and Grant

...Well not really. But the next 5 days sees the Suns playing two back-to-back sets of road games. Nets and Pacers followed by Bulls and Bucks. Granted they're relatively easy games, but Porter will have to be careful with the minutes. I hope Shaq in particular gets through this without injuries of any sort. Also hope he publicly trash talks to Boone/Nesterovic/Gooden/Bogut.

We swept this trip last season - ideally I'd like to see all 4 teams held under 95 points. We should see our players become more accustomed to the system, hopefully leading to less turnovers and less brain farts on defense. Amare should be rounding into form after getting a few games under his belt. And most importantly, let's see how the bench goes. They better not repeat the disgraceful performance we saw against Portland.

You know what sounds good to me? A 6-1 record, that's what. Let's go Suns
3stat2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2008, 10:02 AM   #2
It's A VC3!!!
I will believe

It's A VC3!!! is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIt's A VC3!!! is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIt's A VC3!!! is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIt's A VC3!!! is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIt's A VC3!!! is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIt's A VC3!!! is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIt's A VC3!!! is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIt's A VC3!!! is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIt's A VC3!!! is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIt's A VC3!!! is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIt's A VC3!!! is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: NBA Schedulers attempt to kill Shaq, Nash and Grant

Hey don't take the Nets so easy, they beat the Wizards and lost a close one to the Warriors.
It's A VC3!!! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2008, 10:16 AM   #3
3stat2
Local High School Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by It's A VC3!!!
Hey don't take the Nets so easy, they beat the Wizards and lost a close one to the Warriors.
I know, and they have Vince who could potentially explode for 40+. But I really like our matchups at center (Shaq vs Boone), and especially power foward - Amare vs Yi Jianlian. Devin Harris might school Nash though, he's too quick for Steve. But overall I reckon we've got a decent edge.

Still, anything can happen in the NBA. Good luck for the game
Old 11-04-2008, 12:19 PM   #4
statman32
NBA Legend

statman32 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterstatman32 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterstatman32 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterstatman32 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterstatman32 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterstatman32 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterstatman32 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterstatman32 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterstatman32 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterstatman32 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by It's A VC3!!!
They beat the Wizards? NO WAY.

Lets be serious. The Suns should stomp on the Nets 2nite. Only thing that would change that is inexperience of the offense and Amare not getting the ball so he can make Yi suffer.

Harris should have a good game but look for the Suns to run a lot of zone and force the Nets to shoot from the outside.
statman32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2008, 12:21 PM   #5
statman32
NBA Legend

statman32 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterstatman32 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterstatman32 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterstatman32 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterstatman32 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterstatman32 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterstatman32 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterstatman32 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterstatman32 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterstatman32 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

If Amare doesnt start to get the ball more and on every possesion with Shaq/Nash out of the game, I'm gonna start to get annoyed.
statman32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2008, 04:36 AM   #6
3stat2
Local High School Star

Amare's increased unselfishness is impressing me. It doesn't show up much in the stat sheet, but he's probably going to average a career high in assists, though that might just be 2 or 2.3 or something. But watching the first few games, it's obvious that he's looking to pass the ball so much more than before. We started to see him pass more when he was a 4 last season, but these last few games he's been pretty much the opposite of a black hole. In fact there were a few specific plays where I would've preferred to see him take it inside rather than pass to an open Barnes or Dragic.

You can tell he's genuine about wanting the team to get the best possible shot each possession. He's not forcing shots. He made some nifty passes to Shaq after drawing the defense. He's playing smart, and he's matured even more as a player. Good to see.

edit - forgot to mention - is Shaq on drugs? I haven't seen him move like this since he was like... below 300 pounds. That move where he drove down the middle with the quick hop step and jammed it made me go 'wtf!' - he was moving ridiculously fast for a guy his size. I'd expect it from Amare but never from Shaq. I honestly thought it was no longer possible for someone his age and weight to do that. Well I'm not complaining. Let's hope he stays healthy. Porter probably won't make him play too much tomorrow. Hopefully.

Last edited by 3stat2 : 11-05-2008 at 06:00 AM.
Old 11-05-2008, 08:07 PM   #7
It's A VC3!!!
I will believe

It's A VC3!!! is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIt's A VC3!!! is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIt's A VC3!!! is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIt's A VC3!!! is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIt's A VC3!!! is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIt's A VC3!!! is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIt's A VC3!!! is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIt's A VC3!!! is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIt's A VC3!!! is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIt's A VC3!!! is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIt's A VC3!!! is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Man the Nets stuck around for most of the game, but there's no dam way you can beat a team when they shoot 70% from the field. Shaq impressed me, and so did Bell.
It's A VC3!!! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2008, 09:32 PM   #8
DouXer4ouR
RunAndGunSuns

DouXer4ouR has decent reputation

Wow what a game against the Pacers. They gave us a challenge, but Amare had a game. Dropping 51 points, 11 boards. That was huge. He couldn't be stopped. It's nice to get 2 road wins, especially on back to back nights. Well done PHX keep up the good work.

Edit: I guess he scored 49 points due to ****ty scorekeepers..Thanks Statman.

Last edited by DouXer4ouR : 11-05-2008 at 10:24 PM.
DouXer4ouR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2008, 01:28 AM   #9
SunsRisin2DaTop
I brick open layups

SunsRisin2DaTop has decent reputation

yeah I knew he was on his way to a big game w/ 20 in the 1st Quarter! I gotta order league pass cuz this is gonna be a great season!
SunsRisin2DaTop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2008, 09:13 AM   #10
Crazywolf
Can barely lace up my sneakers

Crazywolf has an OK reputation so far

The Suns have really exceeded my expectations so far. Well done!
Crazywolf is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: