Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Los Angeles Clippers Forum

Los Angeles Clippers Forum Clippers message board - clippers fan forum

Old 11-05-2008, 12:56 AM   #1
qrich
King Heno

Default Game 5 @ Lakers 11/5

V
Los Angeles Clipper(0-4) @ Los Angeles Lakers(3-0)

WHEN: Wednesday, November 5th at 7:30 PM
WHERE: Staples Center in Los Angeles, California
TV:KTLA theCW and ESPN
Radio: ESPN AM 710
Clippers Last Game: 73-89 loss vs Utah
Lakers Last Game: 104-97 win at Denver

Q's Quote:
"0-4 start, tough schedule, injuries, new faces. Finally, we seem to get those injuries out the way, tough schedule and the record is unfixable. But, the Clippers need to focus on getting some conditioning going. This might be a long night, but I'm confident that it will be close, at least closer then the opening night whupping we recieved.

Let's Go Clippers "

Q's Prediciton: 92-99 Loss
Q's Prediction Record: 2-2
qrich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2008, 06:51 AM   #2
lakerfreak
The go-to-guy

Default Re: Game 5 @ Lakers 11/5

its gonna take some time on both ends of the floor for the camby experiment because they are two centers on the floor.

Things will workout for this team though. Camby could definitely teach a lot to a young chris kaman.

Looking forward to watching Baron to thornton passes.
lakerfreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2008, 10:19 AM   #3
SoCalMike
NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

Hi Clipper Fans... if you like, you can also participate in the Laker forum's gamecast at Clippers Vs. Lakers in Laker Forum.

Good luck tonight, it should be a good game, I think. Clipps will come out with aggression and the Lakers better be ready!

SoCalMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2008, 11:36 AM   #4
Qlippers
Decent playground baller

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCalMike
Hi Clipper Fans... if you like, you can also participate in the Laker forum's gamecast at Clippers Vs. Lakers in Laker Forum.

I don't know if it will be a good game, but hopefully like yesterday's election...THe clippers get CHANGE
Qlippers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2008, 02:31 PM   #5
dab0yech0
3 Ball like Piatkowski

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qlippers
I don't know if it will be a good game, but hopefully like yesterday's election...THe clippers get CHANGE

In Baron we trust! Hopefully with our team at full strength we pull this one out or at least keep it a close game. Laker fans, you guys have a strong squad this year
dab0yech0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2008, 01:39 AM   #6
SoCalMike

It is a tight game for sure... as I predicted.... Clipps are scrappy with a lot of raw talent.

Old 11-06-2008, 01:55 AM   #7
qrich
King Heno

So Clippers are playing tough with 5 minutes left and aren't going to be given an equal shot due to the refs. Beautiful
Old 11-06-2008, 02:01 AM   #8
SoCalMike

Quote:
Originally Posted by qrich
So Clippers are playing tough with 5 minutes left and aren't going to be given an equal shot due to the refs. Beautiful

What do you mean? Can you be more specific? I think you are saying the Clippers lost because of the refs?

They played a very spirited game that was respectful. There is much to build on for this team. They have a LOT of new players and it will take time to create chemistry. That does not happen over night.

Old 11-06-2008, 02:04 AM   #9
qrich
King Heno

Quote:
What do you mean? Can you be more specific? I think you are saying the Clippers lost because of the refs?

I said they weren't given an equal shot. Take off your purpe and gold glasses and watch the game. It's clearly a one-sided game, mainly mid-way through the fourth, but it has been going on all game. Thornton has been attacking the rim all game yet he only has 4 free throw attempts? Bull****. You guys didn't win this game, we didn't lose it, the Referees just ended it. It's pretty damn simple.
Old 11-06-2008, 02:11 AM   #10
SoCalMike

Quote:
I said they weren't given an equal shot. Take off your purpe and gold glasses and watch the game. It's clearly a one-sided game, mainly mid-way through the fourth, but it has been going on all game. Thornton has been attacking the rim all game yet he only has 4 free throw attempts? Bull****. You guys didn't win this game, we didn't lose it, the Referees just ended it. It's pretty damn simple.

well honestly, i saw a lot of lazy defense on the clippers side that contributed to the loss and the foul disparity. i am not trying to be a troll or anything like that.... but like i said, the clippers were spirited, but they need work with their chemistry... rotations are off, defensive effort was not there, etc.

were there some bad calls? of course, but there is a percentage of them in every game on both sides.

Old 11-06-2008, 02:13 AM   #11
qrich
King Heno

Quote:
well honestly, i saw a lot of lazy defense on the clippers side that contributed to the loss and the foul disparity. i am not trying to be a troll or anything like that.... but like i said, the clippers were spirited, but they need work with their chemistry... rotations are off, defensive effort was not there, etc.

were there some bad calls? of course, but there is a percentage of them in every game on both sides.

No way to sugar coat it. The game was ENDED by the referees, only those with homer glasses wouldn't be able to see it. Then again, what else can I expect from Laker fans, can't watch a game objectively.
Old 11-06-2008, 02:44 AM   #12
Qlippers
Decent playground baller

Quote:
No way to sugar coat it. The game was ENDED by the referees, only those with homer glasses wouldn't be able to see it. Then again, what else can I expect from Laker fans, can't watch a game objectively.

We are officially the worst game in the NBA, Sactown won!! Time to look to the next game..Houston and Dallas...OMG...WHEN WILL WE JUST FINISH THE 4TH QUARTER!!!!!!!
Qlippers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2008, 03:03 AM   #13
qrich
King Heno

Players Of The Game
Old 11-06-2008, 04:32 AM   #14
dab0yech0
3 Ball like Piatkowski

Same story of the first 4 games. When will we learn to finish games? It doesn't help that we dont have much front court depth either. Brian Skinner's wide open missed dunk contributed to the Lakers spurt. Refs did play a role in it with Camby being called for ticky tack fouls, Kaman, Camby and Baron all with 4 or 5 fouls and one Laker with 3. Al Thornton definitely should've had more trips to the line but we also need to start executing better in the 4th. Can't just blame the refs because we played pretty sloppy as well. Too many of our players give the ball to Baron and just watch. Its gonna take us some time to gel. Hopefully we get a win soon.
dab0yech0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2008, 09:33 AM   #15
SoCalMike

Quote:
Originally Posted by dab0yech0
Same story of the first 4 games. When will we learn to finish games? It doesn't help that we dont have much front court depth either. Brian Skinner's wide open missed dunk contributed to the Lakers spurt. Refs did play a role in it with Camby being called for ticky tack fouls, Kaman, Camby and Baron all with 4 or 5 fouls and one Laker with 3. Al Thornton definitely should've had more trips to the line but we also need to start executing better in the 4th. Can't just blame the refs because we played pretty sloppy as well. Too many of our players give the ball to Baron and just watch. Its gonna take us some time to gel. Hopefully we get a win soon.

I agree with you. There is a LOT of talent here... they just don't "know" each other on the court. Here is a telling point from today's Los Angeles Times:

Quote:

In the (only) good news for the Clippers, they're finally putting their projected starters on the court, but Baron Davis and Marcus Camby still have doctor-imposed limitations on their minutes and wear down, anyway.

The Clippers are now where the Lakers were Sept. 29 when training camp opened, give or take a couple of superstars.

Camby made his first appearance in a Clippers uniform Monday against Utah. Unfortunately, after all that time off, he wasn't tack sharp on reporting in, neglecting to tuck his Clippers jersey into his Clippers shorts and getting sent back to the sideline by referee Joey Crawford with a delay-of-game penalty. Said Coach Mike Dunleavy before Wednesday night's game: "I was just happy he had pants."

That was the first time Dunleavy had ever gotten Davis, Camby, Al Thornton, Chris Kaman and Cuttino Mobley on the court this season, or preseason.

"They should get it," said Lakers Coach Phil Jackson before the game. "They'll get it. Unfortunately, the season started a little early for them.

"It takes a month of playing, basically [to get into shape.] Two or three weeks, at least."

Read entire article...

My point is that they are still learning how to be with each other on the court, and with that comes a lot of mistakes, including positioning, help defense, slow responses, etc. IT WILL GET BETTER as they play more together. Don't mind gts as well, he is a big homer.

Last edited by qrich : 11-06-2008 at 03:38 PM.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: