Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Toronto Raptors Forum

Toronto Raptors Forum Toronto Raptors message board - Toronto Raptors forum

Old 11-05-2008, 04:05 PM   #1
Jalen5
Great young streetballer

Default Gameday thread: Nov 5th Tor vs Det (AI not playing tonight!)

Billups's physical is schedule for Thursday so deal isn't complete until the physical is passed.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=3682890

Another game we should be winning with a short handed team and we better take it to them!

What's your pregame and post game thoughts?!?!?
Jalen5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2008, 04:10 PM   #2
Beebo
Good college starter

Default Re: Gameday thread: Nov 5th Tor vs Det (AI not playing tonight!)

I wouldn't really call them a short handed team...they still have Rip, Prince, Sheed and Stuckey.

Last edited by Beebo : 11-05-2008 at 04:50 PM.
Beebo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2008, 05:55 PM   #3
danumber88
I'm a neat monster.

Easier team now. 4-0 baby hopefully.
danumber88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2008, 06:58 PM   #4
Chamberlain
Riggin' for Wiggins!

Just watching The Score now.. I think it's pretty funny that they are still using Chuck Swirskey's voice to promote the game. He even says "Pistons and Raptors" before someone else cuts in with "tonight at 7"
Chamberlain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2008, 11:01 PM   #5
Jalen5
Great young streetballer

I was at the game n man, we drop the ball so many times literally and our D got so tired chasing Rip n Tsh. I was particularity pissed at when the game was so close, they gave it to JO instead, had 2 bad shots that right there just finished it for us.

No excuse for JO anymore on O especially when we are giving him the ball.
Old 11-06-2008, 12:39 AM   #6
hassano
High School Varsity 12th Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jalen5
I was at the game n man, we drop the ball so many times literally and our D got so tired chasing Rip n Tsh. I was particularity pissed at when the game was so close, they gave it to JO instead, had 2 bad shots that right there just finished it for us.

No excuse for JO anymore on O especially when we are giving him the ball.

yeahh especially that one shot from the foul line whenn the game was tight...
also that ugly anthony parker shot that didnt even hit rim with the raps trailing by one, when he could of easily pump-faked walter and took an easier shot....
hassano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2008, 01:07 AM   #7
antonaki1
Serious playground baller

I think Sam should of left Jermaine in the game longer in the first half even with the two fouls. Or he should have brought him back at some point in the first half, when he left the Pistons basically toyed with the rest of the Toronto defence, did anything they wanted to and it was game over right there. And on offence it's games like these that i really wish we still had Delfino, he could always drive and create his own shot, we seemed to revert back to a perimeter scoring team tonight. Way to easy to defend.
antonaki1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2008, 01:28 AM   #8
bokes15
Playoffs!

Quote:
Originally Posted by hassano
yeahh especially that one shot from the foul line whenn the game was tight...
also that ugly anthony parker shot that didnt even hit rim with the raps trailing by one, when he could of easily pump-faked walter and took an easier shot....
I was mad that he missed the shot, but you can't really place the blame on AP for the game. I mean, he was chasing around Rip all night so towards the end I can assume he was pretty tired. For me, I was more upset with us dumping the ball to JO at 2 crucial moments late in the 4th quarter. Bosh should ALWAYS be the #1 option, whether he's shooting or not, he should be the one making the play. And if not him, Calderon.
bokes15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2008, 01:53 AM   #9
Jalen5
Great young streetballer

Yea cna't blame AP man, he was gas-ed and just got nothing on the jumpers except when he was fresh off bench in 4th but after that 1 shot he was back chasing rip with all those screens.
Also, Moon's gotta be strong, he just let tsh back him all the way down to the circle n those hookshots are money when u get that low.
Old 11-06-2008, 11:51 AM   #10
YaoMing4MVP
I hit open 5-footers

I'm not sure if someone else has mentioned this already, but I think the difference in this game was Jermain O'Neal. After the game, Sam Mitchell was defending him like his coaching career depended on it, because Sam knew that JO didn't step up.

If you look through the line-up, everyone stepped up, including Moon and Bargs. Bosh and Calderon got the job done for sure, so I can't ask more out of them. We lost by 7 points, well, 4 of those 7 points were free throws at the end. With 1:15 minute left to go, we were down by 3 points. Had JO hit some more of his shots or got a few more rebounds than he did, it would have been a completely different game.

Same Mitchell is saying he needs more time and JO himself is saying he is not that comfortable yet. I will give him the benefit of the doubt that he will eventually step up. However, if we are to be competitive against the likes of Cleveland, Detroit, and Boston, he better step up soon. Or else, we're going to be no better than last year, and that is, 1st round of the playoffs and done.
YaoMing4MVP is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: