Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Toronto Raptors Forum

Toronto Raptors Forum Toronto Raptors message board - Toronto Raptors forum

Old 11-05-2008, 09:19 PM   #1
jrcp3
GuardsWinChampionships

jrcp3 has an OK reputation so far
Default Pistons are on a WHOLE different level than Toronto!

Pistons showed us that there on a TOTALLY different level than Toronto, they beat Toronto without there best ex-player Billups and they just added 29PPG Iverson SUPERSTAR to there team ..... THE MAIN REASON THERE ON A DIFFERENT LEVEL is because they have ISO Guards who they can give the ball to 1 vs 1 .... Toronto doesn't have a single guard who can ISO one on one ..... until Toronto can get that ISO guard there going to have very tough time ..... Boston and Detroit have 1st and 2nd spots in the eastern coference ..... now it's a toss up for the rest!
jrcp3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2008, 09:23 PM   #2
Good Old Willy
DBDs

Good Old Willy is considered somewhat coolGood Old Willy is considered somewhat coolGood Old Willy is considered somewhat cool
Default Re: Pistons are on a WHOLE different level than Toronto!

"ISO" = http://www.iso.org/iso/home.htm
Good Old Willy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2008, 09:26 PM   #3
Sekman
Great young streetballer

Sekman has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by Good Old Willy

r u trying to be funny?

u're not
Sekman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2008, 09:31 PM   #4
jrcp3
GuardsWinChampionships

Good Old Willy .... ISO means " Isolation " ok bud
Old 11-05-2008, 09:33 PM   #5
jc23
Decent playground baller

jc23 has an OK reputation so far

We didn't loose to a bad team, you're only taking away one player of a close bunch of guys with huge amounts of chemistry. I'm not ready to say were we stand yet, Boston will tell us a lot though.
jc23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2008, 09:41 PM   #6
Sekman
Great young streetballer

Sekman has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by jc23
We didn't loose to a bad team, you're only taking away one player of a close bunch of guys with huge amounts of chemistry. I'm not ready to say were we stand yet, Boston will tell us a lot though.

our weakness has been again revealed.. terrible perimeter defence

in the past 3 games, the guards and SF were bailed out by JO's interior defence (that's why he had foul troubles in 2/3 games).. but tonight, Hamilton and Prince actually makes mid ranges.... = killing us, JO can't bail you out when they are outside the paint.

On the same note, JO needs to play better.. 28+ minutes.. 3/10 shooting, only 3 rebs, and 3 Turnovers..
Sekman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2008, 09:41 PM   #7
jrcp3
GuardsWinChampionships

Yea ... but if you watched the game you noticed Det got most point off of isolation 1 on 1 with Tay and Rip on top of the key ...... which toronto doesn't ever get points that way ....
Old 11-06-2008, 08:17 AM   #8
power works
High School JV MVP

power works has an OK reputation so far

They're not in a different level. The Pistons wings just weren't guarded properly in the first half. Sheed was getting away with a lot of hand-checking. Bosh was forcing some tough fadeaways, and JO's offence is still not sharp (that's being kind).

Raptors were right there. They just didn't hit shots down the stretch. If Pistons blew them out by 20 then I'd say they're on a different level.

But Raptors are close. When JO gets his shooting legs back I'd still feel confident Raps can beat them even with AI.

On the plus side, Solomon looks less of a rookie than Ukic. Calderon is still putting up all-star numbers.
power works is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2008, 08:26 AM   #9
RAPSCANWIN
Keeping the Bench Warm

RAPSCANWIN has decent reputation

That game was definitly a struggle and YES Detroit proved it is the Better team.

However.....The Raps didnt play there best game and I get the feeling Detroit did. Between Rip and Prince they might have missed 6 shots all night Im guessing. And yet we were right there in position to win with 5 to go. Actually if AP had made that 3 in the last 3 mins we would have taken a lead and changed the game perhaps.

For those who think AI is going to make them a better team...IMO opinion he wont, Thats why he's been traded 2 times in recent years. He'll dominate the ball on a unselfish Pistons team. I dont see him fitting in at all. He may start out fine and say all the right stuff, but in the long run, he wont make them better.
RAPSCANWIN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2008, 11:01 AM   #10
YaoMing4MVP
I hit open 5-footers

YaoMing4MVP has an OK reputation so far

I definately agree that the Pistons is at a higher level than Toronto. Pistons is at least a 3rd round playoff team whereas the Raptors are at most a 2nd round playoff team.

What's the difference? Well, they have Wallace, Tayshaun, and Rip. Now they have Iverson. Who do we have? Bosh and Calderon. Essentially, Pistons can count on 4 guys every game while we can only count on 2. If JO steps up a bit, I can see us edging closer to maybe finishing 3rd in the East and possibly make it to round 3, but that means JO needs to be 17pts and 10 rbs night in and night out. Thus far, I am not convinced. Sam Mitchell is still defending him saying that he needs more time. I'd say at best, we will get 13 pts and 7 rbs from him night in and night out. I really don't think we can get pass 2nd round. Getting past 1st round is already a huge improvement, so let's just hope we accomplish at least that.
YaoMing4MVP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2008, 11:03 AM   #11
brwnman

brwnman has a terrific reputationbrwnman has a terrific reputationbrwnman has a terrific reputationbrwnman has a terrific reputationbrwnman has a terrific reputationbrwnman has a terrific reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrcp3
Yea ... but if you watched the game you noticed Det got most point off of isolation 1 on 1 with Tay and Rip on top of the key ...... which toronto doesn't ever get points that way ....

If iso plays are coming off of screens and hitting jumpers, Toronto does that too. Also, if you watched the game or have watched Detroit in the last 5 years, you would know that it wasn't all isolations, but rather pick and roll and execution on offense that killed the Raptors.

Rip does not iso much, Detroit plays iso near the end of games just to exploit matchup and Rip vs. Kapono is a matchup that'll be expoilted by 99.99% of the teams. Most of Rip's points came off curls where he used a Sheed screen (he is one of the best, if not the best at setting screens) and hitting that mid range shot, that is Rip's game, not isolation plays.

Prince scored in all sorts of ways, he got to iso near the end, but he had spot up shots, he played a lot of pick and roll early on, where Bargnani kept on getting switched off to him and that led to easy buckets.

So to say that most of Detroit's points came off iso plays after watching the game as you have claimed to do is ridiculous; the funny thing is, the guy with the most isolation play points was Stuckey and you didn't mention him...
brwnman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2008, 11:11 AM   #12
A.M.G.
Dr. Chim Richalds

A.M.G. has a terrific reputationA.M.G. has a terrific reputationA.M.G. has a terrific reputationA.M.G. has a terrific reputationA.M.G. has a terrific reputationA.M.G. has a terrific reputation

If JO were able to score, we would have won that game. His offence looks like crap. I sincerely hope he'll start MAKING some of the **** he takes. And if he doesn't intend to actually hit **** at a decent clip, maybe he could pass the ball away and concentrate on defence and rebounding.

In case you couldn't tell, I blame this loss squarely on JO. Weak-ass perimeter D on Prince and Rip was also a problem, but when hasn't it?
A.M.G. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2008, 12:23 PM   #13
keantona
I hit open 5-footers

keantona has decent reputation

Yeah they're on a different level than us now. By the end of the season, if O'Neal develops as he can, if Bargnani keeps emerging, with the team consistently playing to its new strengths... maybe things will be different.

O'Neal definitely needs to step his game up several notches from what he's producing right now, but as I've said before, I never expected him to be in top form right away and I'm prepared to give him a few months to get to his peak.
keantona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2008, 01:15 PM   #14
Jalen5
Great young streetballer

Jalen5 has an OK reputation so far

I lol a bit when i first saw this title, I mean piston been to at lesat Eastern finals pass 5 years and half of that championship team still here so now u realize they are above Raptors? I mean you sir really think too highly of the raptors.

Consider 2 years ago we gone from bottom of the league to Atlantic Champs the year after which we had a lot of luck thx to key player injuries in the East; now you compare how we play back then to the start of this year we improved a lot but its a long year, need to work shxt out and dont expect us to come out of the gate like a fire cracker.

We lost to a well experienced team and they way we came back already saids a lot, next step is for our inexperienced guys like Moon and rusty JO to get the monkey off their backs because we need 8 good players and so far we only got 2 great player and 6 players who can be unpredictably terrible.
Jalen5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2008, 01:39 PM   #15
LA_Showtime
Call me the Mamba

LA_Showtime is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLA_Showtime is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLA_Showtime is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLA_Showtime is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLA_Showtime is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLA_Showtime is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLA_Showtime is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLA_Showtime is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLA_Showtime is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLA_Showtime is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLA_Showtime is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by keantona
Yeah they're on a different level than us now. By the end of the season, if O'Neal develops as he can, if Bargnani keeps emerging, with the team consistently playing to its new strengths... maybe things will be different.

O'Neal definitely needs to step his game up several notches from what he's producing right now, but as I've said before, I never expected him to be in top form right away and I'm prepared to give him a few months to get to his peak.

As a Laker/Pacer fan I feel your guys's frustrations with O'Neal. Lol.
LA_Showtime is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: