Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Toronto Raptors Forum

Toronto Raptors Forum Toronto Raptors message board - Toronto Raptors forum

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 11-06-2008, 02:55 PM   #16
jrcp3
GuardsWinChampionships
 
jrcp3's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: City of God
Posts: 1,192
Default Re: Pistons are on a WHOLE different level than Toronto!

NO, not at all ..... he is doing everything we except gotta remember he hasn't played for a long time so it's going to take some time ..... were frustrated with Bargnani and Jason right now, when O'neil goes for his back for foul trouble our whole defensive mind set changes, Bargnani can't guard bigs that great ( Block shot's are just from help defensive ) and on offense without O'neil each team's because post defender is now on Bosh and Bargnani isn't scoring like we need him too .... we need at least 15PPG every game from him .... he defence is getting better but is it no way on the level it should be at by now ..... as for Jason we don't need him driving to the basketball AT ALL. he's shot is to shoot 3 point shots only .... nothing good comes from he driving as you saw last night ... BLOCKED ...
jrcp3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2008, 04:17 PM   #17
danumber88
I'm a neat monster.
 
danumber88's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Toronto, where the Raps lie
Posts: 3,048
Default Re: Pistons are on a WHOLE different level than Toronto!

As for the game, i dont care thats good ol Pistons they stayed clam.

Unfortunatley we could have won the game. Prince just stayed hot only missing 2 shots ( i think) he was guarded greatly late but he was jsut hitting it.

Imo they are gonna be a bad team when Iverson comes in the chemistry and team's style of play is gonna be diff. once Iverson comes in.

Great game overall, we almost had it.
danumber88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2008, 09:47 PM   #18
Trax416
Great young streetballer
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Posts: 484
Default Re: Pistons are on a WHOLE different level than Toronto!

1. All of their players, played far better then they normallyu did. They were hitting everything. I mean Prince ended the game with 27PPG. That does not normally happen.

2. We played like ****. JO played bad, we played bad defense.

3. Even so, the game was still close at the end.

4. You act as if AI is going to score 29PPG this season, and you act like AI's points are added on to what they did to us last night. Wrong. If AI was in the roster, he would have taken a lot of the shots Prince did. It would even out.

5. Pistons don't shoot that well every game. No team teams. Any team that shoots as well as the Pistons did against us, is going to win. Period. If Pistons shot as good as they did last night, every game, for the entire season, it would be an NBA record.

At the end of the day, the Pistons had a great game, and we did not. We played horrible. I doubt we will play this bad next time we meet them. Pistons are not as good as they were when they won the championship. And the Raptors are better then we were when the Pistons won the championship. Yet we ended up beating them a couple times during their championship seasons. What does that tell you? It tells you anyone can win the NBA, and ONE game doesn't mean ****.

Raptors are not that much worse then the Pistons, and honestly, if we can make a trade a get a half decent swingman before playoffs. I think we could easily take them.

The fact that we stuck that close to them, while they were shooting the lights out, and we were playing like ****, says a lot.
Trax416 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2008, 10:15 PM   #19
b4ball
Local High School Star
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 1,146
Default Re: Pistons are on a WHOLE different level than Toronto!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trax416
1. All of their players, played far better then they normallyu did. They were hitting everything. I mean Prince ended the game with 27PPG. That does not normally happen.

2. We played like ****. JO played bad, we played bad defense.

3. Even so, the game was still close at the end.

4. You act as if AI is going to score 29PPG this season, and you act like AI's points are added on to what they did to us last night. Wrong. If AI was in the roster, he would have taken a lot of the shots Prince did. It would even out.

5. Pistons don't shoot that well every game. No team teams. Any team that shoots as well as the Pistons did against us, is going to win. Period. If Pistons shot as good as they did last night, every game, for the entire season, it would be an NBA record.

At the end of the day, the Pistons had a great game, and we did not. We played horrible. I doubt we will play this bad next time we meet them. Pistons are not as good as they were when they won the championship. And the Raptors are better then we were when the Pistons won the championship. Yet we ended up beating them a couple times during their championship seasons. What does that tell you? It tells you anyone can win the NBA, and ONE game doesn't mean ****.

Raptors are not that much worse then the Pistons, and honestly, if we can make a trade a get a half decent swingman before playoffs. I think we could easily take them.

The fact that we stuck that close to them, while they were shooting the lights out, and we were playing like ****, says a lot.

Very good analysis Trax, and bang on to. jcpr or what ever his moniker is knows sh!t.
b4ball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2008, 10:26 PM   #20
hassano
High School Varsity 12th Man
 
hassano's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Posts: 740
Default Re: Pistons are on a WHOLE different level than Toronto!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trax416
1. All of their players, played far better then they normallyu did. They were hitting everything. I mean Prince ended the game with 27PPG. That does not normally happen.

2. We played like ****. JO played bad, we played bad defense.

3. Even so, the game was still close at the end.

4. You act as if AI is going to score 29PPG this season, and you act like AI's points are added on to what they did to us last night. Wrong. If AI was in the roster, he would have taken a lot of the shots Prince did. It would even out.

5. Pistons don't shoot that well every game. No team teams. Any team that shoots as well as the Pistons did against us, is going to win. Period. If Pistons shot as good as they did last night, every game, for the entire season, it would be an NBA record.

At the end of the day, the Pistons had a great game, and we did not. We played horrible. I doubt we will play this bad next time we meet them. Pistons are not as good as they were when they won the championship. And the Raptors are better then we were when the Pistons won the championship. Yet we ended up beating them a couple times during their championship seasons. What does that tell you? It tells you anyone can win the NBA, and ONE game doesn't mean ****.

Raptors are not that much worse then the Pistons, and honestly, if we can make a trade a get a half decent swingman before playoffs. I think we could easily take them.

The fact that we stuck that close to them, while they were shooting the lights out, and we were playing like ****, says a lot.


THANK YOU! finally someone actually tells it like it is
hassano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2008, 10:43 PM   #21
T-Low
College superstar
 
T-Low's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 4,647
Default Re: Pistons are on a WHOLE different level than Toronto!

2 different teams...they had the scorers...
T-Low is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2008, 11:18 PM   #22
jrcp3
GuardsWinChampionships
 
jrcp3's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: City of God
Posts: 1,192
Default Re: Pistons are on a WHOLE different level than Toronto!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trax416
1. All of their players, played far better then they normallyu did. They were hitting everything. I mean Prince ended the game with 27PPG. That does not normally happen.

2. We played like ****. JO played bad, we played bad defense.

3. Even so, the game was still close at the end.

4. You act as if AI is going to score 29PPG this season, and you act like AI's points are added on to what they did to us last night. Wrong. If AI was in the roster, he would have taken a lot of the shots Prince did. It would even out.

5. Pistons don't shoot that well every game. No team teams. Any team that shoots as well as the Pistons did against us, is going to win. Period. If Pistons shot as good as they did last night, every game, for the entire season, it would be an NBA record.

At the end of the day, the Pistons had a great game, and we did not. We played horrible. I doubt we will play this bad next time we meet them. Pistons are not as good as they were when they won the championship. And the Raptors are better then we were when the Pistons won the championship. Yet we ended up beating them a couple times during their championship seasons. What does that tell you? It tells you anyone can win the NBA, and ONE game doesn't mean ****.

Raptors are not that much worse then the Pistons, and honestly, if we can make a trade a get a half decent swingman before playoffs. I think we could easily take them.

The fact that we stuck that close to them, while they were shooting the lights out, and we were playing like ****, says a lot.


So answer this question Smart-A$$ .... did PRINCE have a amazing game because he was lucky and on fire? or did Prince have a amazing game because the raptors couldn't simply guard him at all? Well see who win's next game, you can't keep on using this "LUCKY, TORONTO PLAYED BAD" excuse every time the raptors lose this year, it's THIS SIMPLE ..... Elite teams and players know when to raise there level of player for example Tayshaun Prince knew he had to step his game up and have his team on his back ..... he wasn't "LUCKY" as you stated up there ..... Prince can do that anytime he wanted except he doesn't have to because they have so meny options ..... and they FACT THAT DETROIT WHO JUST LOST THERE STARTING PG, THER BEST PLAYER, HEART OF THERE TEAM, AND STILL BEAT TORONTO PROVES THAT TORONTO ISN'T ON A HIGH LEVEL," says a lot "

Last edited by jrcp3 : 11-06-2008 at 11:22 PM.
jrcp3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2008, 12:01 AM   #23
Pistol Pete
Who Dat? Geaux Saints!
 
Pistol Pete's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 2,035
Default Re: Pistons are on a WHOLE different level than Toronto!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrcp3
So answer this question Smart-A$$ .... did PRINCE have a amazing game because he was lucky and on fire? or did Prince have a amazing game because the raptors couldn't simply guard him at all? Well see who win's next game, you can't keep on using this "LUCKY, TORONTO PLAYED BAD" excuse every time the raptors lose this year, it's THIS SIMPLE ..... Elite teams and players know when to raise there level of player for example Tayshaun Prince knew he had to step his game up and have his team on his back ..... he wasn't "LUCKY" as you stated up there ..... Prince can do that anytime he wanted except he doesn't have to because they have so meny options ..... and they FACT THAT DETROIT WHO JUST LOST THERE STARTING PG, THER BEST PLAYER, HEART OF THERE TEAM, AND STILL BEAT TORONTO PROVES THAT TORONTO ISN'T ON A HIGH LEVEL," says a lot "

I promise and will guarentee that Tayshaun Prince, a career 46% shooter will not shoot 77% everytime against the Toronto Raptors. I assure you that you are incorrect when you say he can do that anytime he wants. In agreeance with you though, It's absurd to completely dismiss it as luck, more so it was a combination of a talented player and a horrible matchup problem for our wings getting hot and taking over a game, this is the NBA, it will happen, Chris Bosh effectively did it the first three games of the season.

Toronto is on that level, they played poorly, they can compete with the elite in the Eastern Conference, one game does not change that fact.
Pistol Pete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2008, 12:43 AM   #24
jrcp3
GuardsWinChampionships
 
jrcp3's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: City of God
Posts: 1,192
Default Re: Pistons are on a WHOLE different level than Toronto!

yea i guess so ..... y'all just can forget about all the EXPERIENCE the Pistons have ......
jrcp3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2008, 05:30 PM   #25
danumber88
I'm a neat monster.
 
danumber88's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Toronto, where the Raps lie
Posts: 3,048
Default Re: Pistons are on a WHOLE different level than Toronto!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrcp3
yea i guess so ..... y'all just can forget about all the EXPERIENCE the Pistons have ......

We cant expect 82-0.

But im hoping for 4-1 tonight. or 6-1 for the next upcoming 3 road games.
danumber88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2008, 06:57 PM   #26
jrcp3
GuardsWinChampionships
 
jrcp3's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: City of God
Posts: 1,192
Default Re: Pistons are on a WHOLE different level than Toronto!

Don't get your hopes up BUD
jrcp3 is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by:
Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 04:41 PM.




NBA Basketball Forum Key Links:
InsideHoops Home
NBA Rumors
Basketball Blog
NBA Daily Recaps
NBA Videos
Fantasy Basketball
NBA Mock Draft
NBA Free Agents
All-Star Weekend
---
High School Basketball
Streetball
---
InsideHoops Twitter
Search Our Site













Powered by vBulletin Version 3.5.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd. Terms of Use/Service | Privacy Policy