Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Fantasy Basketball Forum

Fantasy Basketball Forum Fantasy basketball message board - fantasy basketball forum

Old 10-25-2008, 04:26 PM   #1
Matt_3333
Decent playground baller

Matt_3333 has an OK reputation so far
Default Etan Thomas or Andray Blatche...

I'm in need of big man stats and it looks like etan thomas will be starting now but I've got blatche on my squad. Who's better to have?

Other FA bigmen (better than both?):
Scola
Spencer Hawes
Perkins
Ben Wallace
Udonis Haslem (good preseason)
Jeff Foster

of course I could always just sit and wait til the season starts and make a quick pickup on a hot big man.
Matt_3333 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2008, 04:46 PM   #2
BlazersDozen
NBA lottery pick

BlazersDozen is considered somewhat coolBlazersDozen is considered somewhat coolBlazersDozen is considered somewhat cool
Default Re: Etan Thomas or Andray Blatche...

I would go with Ben Wallace if you already have a lot of points, FG% and FT%. He still offers a lot of rebounds blocks and steals. Not as good as he used to be but he's still above average in defensive catagories.
BlazersDozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2008, 12:50 PM   #3
ukplayer4
NBA lottery pick

ukplayer4 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterukplayer4 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterukplayer4 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterukplayer4 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterukplayer4 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterukplayer4 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterukplayer4 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterukplayer4 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterukplayer4 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterukplayer4 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterukplayer4 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

im in this exact disposition in two of my leagues myself, not sure which one i should have, right now im sticking with blatche purely because he blocks a bit more and doesnt kil your ft%. but if either one gets the bulk of the minutes(of course they may just split time all season) you want that one on your squad.

you however do not need to be in this position as almost every big you have listed as a fa is better than either of them, i would get kendrick perkins right now if i was you- he is atleast consistent, will 100% deffinatly start and will only have a slightly better year this year perhaps 8/8/1.8bpg 60%fg.
ukplayer4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2008, 01:30 PM   #4
RapsFan
Great college starter

RapsFan is a pretty well-respected posterRapsFan is a pretty well-respected posterRapsFan is a pretty well-respected poster

Since this isn't a stud spot on your roster, why not just play the trends. I'd go with Hawes for the first 5 games, maybe 6 (to see how he does with Brad Miller back). Then you could move onto the next marginal big (which is what all these guys are). At least you can expect big mins from Hawes for thos 5 games.

Haslem is probably the safest long term play, but he's not great outside of some ok pts, great bds and good %'s on low volume.

Like previously mentioned, Perkins will start and play decent mins. Etan should play good mins too I would think, but he's not exactly a fantasy stud and he has that heart condition.
RapsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2008, 03:36 PM   #5
Matt_3333
Decent playground baller

sooooo, everyone giving up on blatche now? or is this the kind of thing that can teach a player to step up and play seriously? I think I'm gonna give him one game to see how he responds...anyone know if the coach plans on still using him all year?

Top FAs available:
James Posey
Mario Chalmers
Nick Collison
Kendrick Perkins
Roger Mason
Josh Boone
Darrel Arthur
Jason Thompson (efficient considering PT, can that change in the future?)
Chris Anderson (efficient considering PT, pick up only if something happens to Nene?)

Not sure if I see anyone there worth taking a chance on / having more potential than blatche at the moment? maybe chalmers? but I need the REB and BLK I think

Last edited by Matt_3333 : 11-02-2008 at 05:27 PM.
Old 11-02-2008, 05:51 PM   #6
benJAMin
Slap 'em with silence

benJAMin has decent reputationbenJAMin has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt_3333
sooooo, everyone giving up on blatche now? or is this the kind of thing that can teach a player to step up and play seriously? I think I'm gonna give him one game to see how he responds...anyone know if the coach plans on still using him all year?

Top FAs available:
James Posey
Mario Chalmers
Nick Collison
Kendrick Perkins
Roger Mason
Josh Boone
Darrel Arthur
Jason Thompson (efficient considering PT, can that change in the future?)
Chris Anderson (efficient considering PT, pick up only if something happens to Nene?)

Not sure if I see anyone there worth taking a chance on / having more potential than blatche at the moment? maybe chalmers? but I need the REB and BLK I think

With that list of free agents, it will serve you better to be patient on Blatche, unless you need threes, which Posey would offer.
benJAMin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2008, 07:32 AM   #7
Matt_3333
Decent playground baller

so even with thomas out of the lineup last night, blatche played only 22 minutes, and now ridnour is available on the FA list, is he more valuable at this time (and can lead to trading for a better C later)? I'm doing really well in REB, but getting some BLK would have been nice...
Old 11-06-2008, 11:13 AM   #8
benJAMin
Slap 'em with silence

benJAMin has decent reputationbenJAMin has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt_3333
so even with thomas out of the lineup last night, blatche played only 22 minutes, and now ridnour is available on the FA list, is he more valuable at this time (and can lead to trading for a better C later)? I'm doing really well in REB, but getting some BLK would have been nice...

Not in my opinion, but I hate Ridnour compared to others around here, so I could be wrong. Ridnour has his ceiling, and he tends to stay far below it with injuries and horrible play. If Blatche could just wake up and show some tenacity, damn... he could do some beautiful things.
benJAMin is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: