Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Fantasy Basketball Forum

Fantasy Basketball Forum Fantasy basketball message board - fantasy basketball forum

Old 11-06-2008, 11:23 AM   #1
benJAMin
Slap 'em with silence

benJAMin has decent reputationbenJAMin has decent reputation
Default Do I "waste" my waiver claim on Nene?

Nene will be available tonight at 3am, so do I use my claim on him? Its only a 5 right now, but I dont think the 4 guys ahead of me will go after him, so its a tough call for me. I expect that others behind me will go after him, so its now or never. Do you expect McDyess to ruin his value, or do you buy into the idea that McDyess isnt going to set foot in Denver anyway?

probably most importantly, I could use another guy with C eligibility bigtime.

CP
Durant
Tony Parker
Smoov
Jamison
Beasley
Boozer
Okafor
Mayo
Gordon
---
TT
CV
Marquis Daniels
Brook Lopez

I'd drop Daniels or maybe TT. What do you think?
benJAMin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2008, 11:29 AM   #2
RapsFan
Great college starter

RapsFan is a pretty well-respected posterRapsFan is a pretty well-respected posterRapsFan is a pretty well-respected poster
Default Re: Do I "waste" my waiver claim on Nene?

Absolutely no question use the waiver on Nene.

Drop any of Lopez, Daniels or TT for him. TT might be the guy to cut loose, or CV.

McDyess won't play in Denver I don't think.
RapsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2008, 12:14 PM   #3
benJAMin
Slap 'em with silence

Ok, I'm good with it if he's an absolute own, but now who do I drop?

Daniels - Probably the most obvious, but he's played well and is getting 30-35 mins as long as Dunleavy is out. If it comes to Dunleavy having surgery (and the news on him continues to seem negative), Daniels could maintain his current value for quite some time. However, I don't expect him to get scooped up immediately by someone in my league and it seems like he's a "dime a dozen" type of FA.

Lopez - Probably who I SHOULD drop, since I was only holding him for defensive stats and potential later in the year. I like the idea of stashing him away on the bench, just in case one of my Cs goes down in a two center league.

TT - Even though he's been stymied right now, I see him maintaining the most value down the line. Someone will want his steals and blocks in a 2for1 later down the road IMO.

So based on these ramblings, I'd drop Daniels first. Agree with that or disagree?
Old 11-06-2008, 12:48 PM   #4
tian820
NBA lottery pick

tian820 is popular on this boardtian820 is popular on this boardtian820 is popular on this boardtian820 is popular on this boardtian820 is popular on this board

I'd say drop Lopez ahead of Daniels as of right now. Lopez will gain value as the season progresses and Daniels will most certainly lose it, BUT if a big man like Nene was dropped and wouldn't be added by a lot of your league members, I wouldn't expect Lopez to be picked up all that quickly either. Daniels helps you more right now, and you'd have a shot at re-attaining Lopez later on in the season. So for me, Lopez is the answer
tian820 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2008, 01:51 PM   #5
RapsFan
Great college starter

RapsFan is a pretty well-respected posterRapsFan is a pretty well-respected posterRapsFan is a pretty well-respected poster

TT has been brutal. If not him, then I think you drop CV actually. He played 20 mins last night with Redd injured. It's not like his mins have been all over...they have simply been low.
RapsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2008, 08:53 PM   #6
Orealius
Great young streetballer

Orealius has an OK reputation so far

Using your waiver claim to pick up Nene is not a "waste" imo
Orealius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2008, 12:12 AM   #7
browntown
National High School Star

browntown is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebrowntown is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebrowntown is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebrowntown is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebrowntown is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebrowntown is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebrowntown is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebrowntown is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebrowntown is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebrowntown is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebrowntown is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

You'd be dum not to lol.
browntown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2008, 07:38 AM   #8
poido123
Cameron Bairstow!!

poido123 is considered somewhat coolpoido123 is considered somewhat coolpoido123 is considered somewhat cool

Is Spencer Hawes or Brandan Wright available on your waivers? Spencer ranked 9 overall last week in fantasy, so given the minutes he is a very handy player...I know Miller will be back, but if the Kings keep losing, they will turn to their youth movement, ie Jason Thompson and Spencer Hawes the benificiaries...Al harrington will be traded, and Nelly wants Brandan more minutes so expect about 10 pts 8 rebs 2 blocks and 60 Fg% over 20-25 minutes being conservative...Just have a look at his last game
poido123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2008, 10:44 AM   #9
benJAMin
Slap 'em with silence

I used the claim and got Nene. Who knows if he wouldve been available this morning without using the claim, but I'm ok with it. The risk of missing him outweighed keeping my waiver number. I ended up dropping CV. Mins were the final straw that made the decision. If he ends up getting scooped up, I wont miss having a guy who I pulled my hair out deciding on whether to play him each night or not.

I'm not sold on Wright. Who knows, maybe he'll be great, but there's no way I want to put faith in a second year player under Nellie's fanatic regime. I see him being another inconsistent player that blows up on your bench and plays horribly when you start him. I've already got enough of that in my life

Last edited by benJAMin : 11-07-2008 at 10:54 AM.
Old 11-07-2008, 10:45 AM   #10
benJAMin
Slap 'em with silence

Quote:
Originally Posted by poido123
Is Spencer Hawes or Brandan Wright available on your waivers? Spencer ranked 9 overall last week in fantasy, so given the minutes he is a very handy player...I know Miller will be back, but if the Kings keep losing, they will turn to their youth movement, ie Jason Thompson and Spencer Hawes the benificiaries...Al harrington will be traded, and Nelly wants Brandan more minutes so expect about 10 pts 8 rebs 2 blocks and 60 Fg% over 20-25 minutes being conservative...Just have a look at his last game

No Hawes and Wright are both owned, Hawes was grabbed opening night and Wright just went last night.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: