Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Phoenix Suns Forum

Phoenix Suns Forum Phoenix Suns forum - Phoenix Suns message board

Old 11-06-2008, 09:15 AM   #1
3stat2
Local High School Star

3stat2 is considered somewhat cool3stat2 is considered somewhat cool
Default Poor Shaq worked out right before the game expecting a rest day

Guy gets told he won't be playing so he works out before the game. Then Barnes has to leave, so poor Shaq is forced to play a game right after his workout
http://www.eastvalleytribune.com/story/129766
Quote:
O’Neal, who was told all day he wouldn’t play and took part in a hard, 30-minute workout about an hour before tip-off, was pressed into service when Barnes left the team to fly back to the Bay Area for family reasons. He lasted only 12 minutes and scored just 3 points, but his wingman took care of the rest.
Bet that helped him lose some weight.

Though it's not gonna be so funny if he gets injured. Good thing is he's figured out a way to keep his minutes low on back to backs - mindlessly foul the opposition to make the coach sit him down

Last edited by 3stat2 : 11-06-2008 at 09:16 AM. Reason: typed poo instead of poor
3stat2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2008, 11:36 AM   #2
DouXer4ouR
RunAndGunSuns

DouXer4ouR has decent reputation
Default Re: Poor Shaq worked out right before the game expecting a rest day

Good thing we grabbed Lopez to play for the big man when he doesn't feel like it. I like the way our bench is playing so far this season. Amundson has been solid, especially last night, he was playing with some intensity.
DouXer4ouR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2008, 06:17 PM   #3
joni
I hit open layups

joni has an OK reputation so far

"Poor Shaq......" ?

Good God, I think you've all been brainwashed.
joni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2008, 10:11 PM   #4
catzhernandez
I love me sum Bird!

catzhernandez is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecatzhernandez is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecatzhernandez is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecatzhernandez is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecatzhernandez is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecatzhernandez is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecatzhernandez is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecatzhernandez is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecatzhernandez is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecatzhernandez is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecatzhernandez is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by joni
"Poor Shaq......" ?

catzhernandez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2008, 10:54 AM   #5
DouXer4ouR
RunAndGunSuns

Quote:
Originally Posted by joni
"Poor Shaq......" ?

He was being sarcastic, obviously you didn't catch that.
Old 11-10-2008, 12:45 PM   #6
joni
I hit open layups

joni has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by DouXer4ouR
He was being sarcastic, obviously you didn't catch that.

Well then, that's good. And I hope you were also being sarcastic with the comment about needing Lopez when Shaq "doesn't feel like playing." And I REALLY hope Jerry Brown was being sarcastic with the "hard 30-minute workout." Superman-Shogun-Diesel (etc.) should be able to handle a 30-minute workout and still play more than a quarter without even breathing hard.

The problem is, from reading quotes from Kerr and Porter and a large percentage of Suns fans, everyone is perfectly content with wrapping the big blob in cotton and letting him sit out his customary 20-30 games so he's "fresh" for the playoffs. I just don't get it, not at his price. No matter how much rest he gets, if they think he can come up with 29 a game against quality teams and some serious competition, they're expecting double his ppg for the last three years. Not gonna happen.
joni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2008, 02:55 PM   #7
DouXer4ouR
RunAndGunSuns

Lets put it this way, if Shaq goes down the Phoenix Suns are in a world of trouble. So what the Suns are trying to do is make sure that does not happen. And we will sit him occaisionaly so he can come out the next game and do what he did against the Bucks.

Also having a well rested Suns team in the postseason could do some serious damage, Nash, Shaq, Hill, Amare all desperately want that ring, we need to be rested, and we will take our chances with the youngsters like Lopez and Dragic.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: