Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Chicago Bulls Forum

Chicago Bulls Forum Chicago Bulls message board - chicago bulls fan forum

Old 11-06-2008, 09:35 PM   #1
drwax26
High School Starter

Default Pieces around Rose

I keep seeing all these what ifs and only if blah blah.... What does everyone think the bulls organization should do with the current bulls players as well as any realistic trades and/or free agent pick ups in the next 2 yrs so we can get a PLAYOFF CONTENDING team that translates into a championship contending team in the next 3-4yrs.
drwax26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2008, 10:04 PM   #2
IN-PAX-WE-TRUST
ROSE > THAN YOU

Default Re: Pieces around Rose

Quote:
Originally Posted by drwax26
I keep seeing all these what ifs and only if blah blah.... What does everyone think the bulls organization should do with the current bulls players as well as any realistic trades and/or free agent pick ups in the next 2 yrs so we can get a PLAYOFF CONTENDING team that translates into a championship contending team in the next 3-4yrs.

Amare 2010... we need a monster down low...it isn't going to happen ( Amare), but we need a low post monster...
IN-PAX-WE-TRUST is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2008, 10:45 PM   #3
drwax26
High School Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by IN-PAX-WE-TRUST
Amare 2010... we need a monster down low...it isn't going to happen ( Amare), but we need a low post monster...
I think it is possible if we can make the team more attractive and make Amare feel like he is the missing piece to take the bulls to the promise land. The suns are getting old and Shaq and Nash arent going to be around after 2 years cause of age. It is highly improbable if the suns try to lock him up this year or next with a max contract but if not he could be exactly what rose needs.
Old 11-06-2008, 10:46 PM   #4
lurch67
Caution: Adult Content

The most likely sinario would be hinrich for al harrington. I just dont see that happening.
lurch67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2008, 11:13 PM   #5
drwax26
High School Starter

The bulls most pressing needs are a combo of gordons scoring ability with sefolosha's defensive awareness as a SG. Also, a big man that commands a double team and another big man that can rebound, blk shots and do put backs sort of like Tyson Chandler who we let go.
Old 11-07-2008, 12:26 AM   #6
ConanRulesNBC
Very good NBA starter

I say make a strong run after either Zack Randolph or Brad Miller or both.
ConanRulesNBC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2008, 04:33 AM   #7
Undisputed
Do. Your. Job.

I do not see any possible trades yet. If we're talking 2010, I say we go focus on Michael Redd, Bosh, Wade, and Dirk. Considering those players don't sign extentions by that time.

In the near future, we need a solid post player to relieve the pressure from our shooters. I hope we can acquire someone who can get the job done and be consistent. Even if it isn't a superstar.
Undisputed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2008, 04:40 AM   #8
Undisputed
Do. Your. Job.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ConanRulesNBC

That would really work. It'd definitely be a good start.
Old 11-07-2008, 12:27 PM   #9
Bulls_Fan20
Local High School Star

Post Re: Pieces around Rose

Quote:
Originally Posted by ConanRulesNBC

Brad Miller would be good, but I still don't think Zack Randolph is worth having on any team. Anything he gets you on the offensive end he gives right back on defense. Not to mention that he still has two more years left on his contract after this year at about $15 million per. Also, if you add up his assists, blocks, and steals, they barely exceed his turnovers, which is never a good thing. Eddy Curry is the master of that, but Randolph was second or third worst in the NBA in that ratio last season. He's just too much of a headcase for Paxson/Reinsdorf to consider, so I don't think we can expect Randolph in Bulls colors any time soon.

Miller is another story. I really like his skill set, and while he may not be as good as he used to be, he still has a lot of value for any team. He can post you up, hit an outside shot, or dish it to the open man, which makes him very dangerous considering his lack of athleticism. He isn't an elite scoring option, but he doesn't have to be on this team. All he would have to do is sit in the post, get an entry pass, actually catch the pass without turning it over (glares at TT and Noah), and go from there. Teams that run their offense through the post are almost always more successful on offense, and also get more high quality shots. He can hit a turnaround jumper if he's posting up, but if Rose decides he wants to take his guy off the dribble, Miller is standing out by the 3-point line, and his defender has to go out and guard him because he has that kind of range.

So, to recap, Miller = great fit...Randolph = me reaching for one of those little brown bags that airlines have in the seat in front of you
Bulls_Fan20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2008, 07:49 PM   #10
Undisputed
Do. Your. Job.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bulls_Fan20
Brad Miller would be good, but I still don't think Zack Randolph is worth having on any team. Anything he gets you on the offensive end he gives right back on defense. Not to mention that he still has two more years left on his contract after this year at about $15 million per. Also, if you add up his assists, blocks, and steals, they barely exceed his turnovers, which is never a good thing. Eddy Curry is the master of that, but Randolph was second or third worst in the NBA in that ratio last season. He's just too much of a headcase for Paxson/Reinsdorf to consider, so I don't think we can expect Randolph in Bulls colors any time soon.

Miller is another story. I really like his skill set, and while he may not be as good as he used to be, he still has a lot of value for any team. He can post you up, hit an outside shot, or dish it to the open man, which makes him very dangerous considering his lack of athleticism. He isn't an elite scoring option, but he doesn't have to be on this team. All he would have to do is sit in the post, get an entry pass, actually catch the pass without turning it over (glares at TT and Noah), and go from there. Teams that run their offense through the post are almost always more successful on offense, and also get more high quality shots. He can hit a turnaround jumper if he's posting up, but if Rose decides he wants to take his guy off the dribble, Miller is standing out by the 3-point line, and his defender has to go out and guard him because he has that kind of range.

So, to recap, Miller = great fit...Randolph = me reaching for one of those little brown bags that airlines have in the seat in front of you

Worst thing about Randolph is his contract. He's had a couple 20/10 seasons, and 18/10 last season. How would that not be good for this team? Randolph also plays for the Knicks, one of the worst organizations in the NBA right now. He's not happy over there. I'd take Randolph over Miller any day. Even a prime Miller.
Old 11-07-2008, 08:25 PM   #11
trig
Decent college freshman

just for fun, i did a 3 team trade on espn trade machine and it matched

NY gets
Al Harington
Larry Hughes

GS gets
Kirk Hinrich

Chi gets
David Lee
Stephon (expirer)

still works even if Belinelli goes to chi. I prefer Azu but he has trade restrictions and nelly loves him.

Would LA be better with nocioni instead of Odom?
trig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2008, 11:52 AM   #12
idizzle
Good college starter

Quote:
The bulls most pressing needs are a combo of gordons scoring ability with sefolosha's defensive awareness as a SG. Also, a big man that commands a double team and another big man that can rebound, blk shots and do put backs sort of like Tyson Chandler who we let go.

Thats what exactly what we need, a big SG who can score and defend (no more undersize SG, we need someone that is a least 6'4). Low post scorer some like Pyscho T from UNC.
idizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2008, 02:57 PM   #13
Rondo

Quote:
Originally Posted by idizzle
Thats what exactly what we need, a big SG who can score and defend (no more undersize SG, we need someone that is a least 6'4). Low post scorer some like Pyscho T from UNC.

"Psycho T" is an undersized PF who when he goes pro is going to be probably a less moody Anderson Varejao. He's highly overrated but he does accel at the college game I will admit that. We don't need him, granted I'm hoping we don't overachieve and make the playoffs because we shouldn't make it with the roster we have although it would be nice. I''m hoping for a good year of 30-35 wins and a nice pick in the lottery like 6-9 I think it's pretty fair I'm not greedy after winning the lottery last year and getting Rose.
Old 11-08-2008, 03:08 PM   #14
drwax26
High School Starter

Psycho T would be a great bench player not a starter. He would bring a lot of intensity, energy and toughness off the bench. I can really see him as a Leon Powe type... which is very valuable for the bulls.
Old 11-14-2008, 03:03 PM   #15
bears85
Can barely lace up my sneakers

Quote:
I think it is possible if we can make the team more attractive and make Amare feel like he is the missing piece to take the bulls to the promise land. The suns are getting old and Shaq and Nash arent going to be around after 2 years cause of age. It is highly improbable if the suns try to lock him up this year or next with a max contract but if not he could be exactly what rose needs.

Getting Amare will be very hard considering the current pieces in the Bulls line-up. Realistically, I think that the Bulls should try to package a deal for Zack Randolph or get a player like Josh Smith. They need to get bigger and athletic under the basket, plain and simple. I feel like the Bulls should have never traded away Aldridge when they had him because he gives u a low post presence and his fundamentals are there.

The Bulls also need to try to find a taller guard b/c Gordon lacks defense and is undersized, and Hughes is too inconsistent even though I like him alot at the 2-guard position. Portland will be getting rid of at least 2 guards by the end of this season, lets see if the Bulls will make a move on em.
bears85 is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: