Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Chicago Bulls Forum

Chicago Bulls Forum Chicago Bulls message board - chicago bulls fan forum

Old 11-14-2008, 02:25 PM   #16
IN-PAX-WE-TRUST
ROSE > THAN YOU

IN-PAX-WE-TRUST is starting to rub some people the wrong wayIN-PAX-WE-TRUST is starting to rub some people the wrong way
Default Re: Pieces around Rose

Quote:
Originally Posted by drwax26
I keep seeing all these what ifs and only if blah blah.... What does everyone think the bulls organization should do with the current bulls players as well as any realistic trades and/or free agent pick ups in the next 2 yrs so we can get a PLAYOFF CONTENDING team that translates into a championship contending team in the next 3-4yrs.

trade Tyrus, Gooden and 2009 1st round pick ( top 3 protected) for Kaman... then we need to find a TRUE PF in the offseason or sign a monster ( Bosh/Amare) in 2010...

2010 Bulls

Rose
random SG
Kaman
Deng
Bosh
IN-PAX-WE-TRUST is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2008, 02:40 PM   #17
bears85
Can barely lace up my sneakers

bears85 has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
I keep seeing all these what ifs and only if blah blah.... What does everyone think the bulls organization should do with the current bulls players as well as any realistic trades and/or free agent pick ups in the next 2 yrs so we can get a PLAYOFF CONTENDING team that translates into a championship contending team in the next 3-4yrs.

I'd say the Bulls should look into picking up Morning since he isn't active w/ a current team. Then I'd make a move on Zack Randolph, so far this season he avg 19 pts & 11.5 rebounds per game. He's a low post scorer and can spread the floor if he having a great shooting night. Right now the Bulls lack depth, and picking up these two would be great problem solvers but the one thing that would be a factor would be salary in the cases of these players.

If the Bulls could pick up those two and maybe make a trade w/ Hinrich and Noah, then they may have a chance to make noise. Bottom line they need athletism and all-around ability from their front court to makie noise and the addition of those two, would help the Bulls. I could see Thomas becoming a Tyson Chandler type player, catching oops from Rose or just putting the ball on the floor but he needs guidance.
bears85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2008, 02:48 PM   #18
IN-PAX-WE-TRUST
ROSE > THAN YOU

IN-PAX-WE-TRUST is starting to rub some people the wrong wayIN-PAX-WE-TRUST is starting to rub some people the wrong way

Quote:
Originally Posted by bears85
I'd say the Bulls should look into picking up Morning since he isn't active w/ a current team. Then I'd make a move on Zack Randolph, so far this season he avg 19 pts & 11.5 rebounds per game. He's a low post scorer and can spread the floor if he having a great shooting night. Right now the Bulls lack depth, and picking up these two would be great problem solvers but the one thing that would be a factor would be salary in the cases of these players.

If the Bulls could pick up those two and maybe make a trade w/ Hinrich and Noah, then they may have a chance to make noise. Bottom line they need athletism and all-around ability from their front court to makie noise and the addition of those two, would help the Bulls. I could see Thomas becoming a Tyson Chandler type player, catching oops from Rose or just putting the ball on the floor but he needs guidance.

Randolph is fat and lazy... he is making an average of 16 million the next 3 years... I would much raher just keep the cap space we have going forward and at least try to get a SUPERSTAR... Randolph is not a superstar and will not help us win a championship in the next 3 years... we need to start looking towards 2010 since we finally have a franchise player...
Old 11-14-2008, 07:11 PM   #19
drwax26
High School Starter

drwax26 has decent reputationdrwax26 has decent reputation

I was looking around and came up with one thing for now. Next yr 09 we should pick up Gerald Green. He is tall, young, athletic, has 3 point range and he likes to drive and he can finish. He is long and plays decent defense. I dont think he will be very expensive either which is the biggest plus. I dont think we need a dominant SG but an effective one. With Rose Green can run off screens or drive to the bucket.
drwax26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2008, 07:29 PM   #20
IN-PAX-WE-TRUST
ROSE > THAN YOU

Quote:
I was looking around and came up with one thing for now. Next yr 09 we should pick up Gerald Green. He is tall, young, athletic, has 3 point range and he likes to drive and he can finish. He is long and plays decent defense. I dont think he will be very expensive either which is the biggest plus. I dont think we need a dominant SG but an effective one. With Rose Green can run off screens or drive to the bucket.

I agree... we need to let Gordon go and sign a decent SG like Green... bottom line... we need a MONSTER PF... not Zach Randolph, but a TRUE superstar... not sure if Boozer will sign here, but we need a guy like Boozer....
Old 11-14-2008, 07:32 PM   #21
ConanRulesNBC
Very good NBA starter

ConanRulesNBC has one of the lowest reputations on this boardConanRulesNBC has one of the lowest reputations on this boardConanRulesNBC has one of the lowest reputations on this boardConanRulesNBC has one of the lowest reputations on this boardConanRulesNBC has one of the lowest reputations on this boardConanRulesNBC has one of the lowest reputations on this boardConanRulesNBC has one of the lowest reputations on this boardConanRulesNBC has one of the lowest reputations on this board

Quote:
Originally Posted by IN-PAX-WE-TRUST
trade Tyrus, Gooden and 2009 1st round pick ( top 3 protected) for Kaman... then we need to find a TRUE PF in the offseason or sign a monster ( Bosh/Amare) in 2010...

2010 Bulls

Rose
random SG
Kaman
Deng
Bosh

Damn... that would be insane.
ConanRulesNBC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2008, 12:03 PM   #22
drwax26
High School Starter

Kaman isnt worth all that. He is prolly a 10 and 10 or maybe a 15 and 10 guy but not worth a first round pick. Dirk would require every player we have and a first round pick lol. On a serious note I was looking at that kid Omer Asik and he looks somewhat promising. He can block shots, run the floor, and rebound very well. He needs to work on his strength even though he is very athletic. Also, his post skills need a little refining but if he works on the aforementioned criteria in the next yr or two he could be the missing piece for the bulls if we can get a SG like Green and either a Boozer or Amare type even though i like amare better just because he is younger and a little taller than boozer.

Imagine :
Rose
Green
Deng
Boozer or Amare
Asik

That lineup would be very young besides the power forward position but prolly the most athletic lineup in the league. Not to mention you have 4 players on the floor that have the ability to score over 15 ppg.
Old 11-15-2008, 01:36 PM   #23
IN-PAX-WE-TRUST
ROSE > THAN YOU

Quote:
Kaman isnt worth all that. He is prolly a 10 and 10 or maybe a 15 and 10 guy but not worth a first round pick. Dirk would require every player we have and a first round pick lol. On a serious note I was looking at that kid Omer Asik and he looks somewhat promising. He can block shots, run the floor, and rebound very well. He needs to work on his strength even though he is very athletic. Also, his post skills need a little refining but if he works on the aforementioned criteria in the next yr or two he could be the missing piece for the bulls if we can get a SG like Green and either a Boozer or Amare type even though i like amare better just because he is younger and a little taller than boozer.

Imagine :
Rose
Green
Deng
Boozer or Amare
Asik

That lineup would be very young besides the power forward position but prolly the most athletic lineup in the league. Not to mention you have 4 players on the floor that have the ability to score over 15 ppg.

I have to disagree on Kaman... we will probably get pick 10 or so if we don't make the playoffs... you don't think Kaman is worth a #10 pick and Tyrus? can you imagine a lineup of

Rose
Green
Kaman
Deng
Amare/Boozer = DYNASTY!
Old 11-15-2008, 02:26 PM   #24
drwax26
High School Starter

Quote:
I have to disagree on Kaman... we will probably get pick 10 or so if we don't make the playoffs... you don't think Kaman is worth a #10 pick and Tyrus? can you imagine a lineup of

Rose
Green
Kaman
Deng
Amare/Boozer = DYNASTY!

I dont like Kaman cause I think he is very unathletic and slow. He isnt a very active shot blocker and a very low energy player. I wouldnt give up a 1st round pick for someone like that.The bulls center must be athletic, shot blocker, good rebounder, and have a decent offensive game. I say we actually get boozer because he is only a yr older than amare and he is a better rebounder, passer, and plays better defense and may come at a cheaper price tag. But i do not think we would lose with either one. Another reason I dont like kaman stems from the fact if we pick him up are payroll could be tied up and doesnt leave us with much of a bench. We all know when starters come out we need high energy/productive bench players.
Old 11-17-2008, 09:41 AM   #25
Bulls_Fan20
Local High School Star

Bulls_Fan20 has decent reputationBulls_Fan20 has decent reputation
Post Re: Pieces around Rose

Quote:
I agree... we need to let Gordon go and sign a decent SG like Green... bottom line... we need a MONSTER PF... not Zach Randolph, but a TRUE superstar... not sure if Boozer will sign here, but we need a guy like Boozer....

I agree...a guy like Boozer that actually knows how to run a pick-and-roll correctly, can step out and hit a shot every once in a while, but really likes to muscle down low.
Bulls_Fan20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2008, 05:15 AM   #26
captainkirk
Decent playground baller

captainkirk has an OK reputation so far

I think best trade we could do is take Durant from Thunder. Rose/Durant is going to be like having Deron Williams (or better) and Carmelo Anthony (or better) in the same team. Thunder is the worst team in nba, they have a very low players' salary and we could give them whoever among Hinrich, Gordon, Deng, Thomas, Hughes, Noah, Gray...
captainkirk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2008, 01:41 PM   #27
Bulls_Fan20
Local High School Star

Bulls_Fan20 has decent reputationBulls_Fan20 has decent reputation
Post Re: Pieces around Rose

Quote:
Originally Posted by captainkirk
I think best trade we could do is take Durant from Thunder. Rose/Durant is going to be like having Deron Williams (or better) and Carmelo Anthony (or better) in the same team. Thunder is the worst team in nba, they have a very low players' salary and we could give them whoever among Hinrich, Gordon, Deng, Thomas, Hughes, Noah, Gray...

They are among the worst teams in the league, so why would they give up their best player, who they have under control for at least two more years at a cheap price? Never gonna happen.
Bulls_Fan20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2008, 04:44 PM   #28
step_back
College superstar

step_back is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablestep_back is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablestep_back is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablestep_back is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablestep_back is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablestep_back is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablestep_back is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablestep_back is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablestep_back is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablestep_back is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablestep_back is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

keep rose and deng, I know some of you want to trade deng but I think he is a positive for the organization and a good team mate. He also signed an extension so I think the bulls should develop him further especially on the defensive end.

Priorities are to get a low post presence. I would love to see bosh on the team or amare.
step_back is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2008, 07:05 PM   #29
Undisputed
Devil without a cause

Undisputed is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUndisputed is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUndisputed is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUndisputed is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUndisputed is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUndisputed is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUndisputed is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUndisputed is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUndisputed is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUndisputed is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUndisputed is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by step_back
keep rose and deng, I know some of you want to trade deng but I think he is a positive for the organization and a good team mate. He also signed an extension so I think the bulls should develop him further especially on the defensive end.

Priorities are to get a low post presence. I would love to see bosh on the team or amare.

I'm with you. I'd like to see Deng in a Bulls uniform for the rest of his contract. He'll pick it up, guys. Wait until midseason to write him off.
Undisputed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2008, 08:03 PM   #30
IN-PAX-WE-TRUST
ROSE > THAN YOU

Deng is fine.. people just need to stop expecting him to be some kind of superstar.... he is getting paid Josh Howard type money and he is playing like him.... bottom line if Deng is our #3 option then we are a good team... right now we don't have a #2 option on this team after Rose... we need Boozer this offseason....
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: