Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Chicago Bulls Forum

Chicago Bulls Forum Chicago Bulls message board - chicago bulls fan forum

Old 11-18-2008, 09:25 PM   #31
ConanRulesNBC
Very good NBA starter

ConanRulesNBC has one of the lowest reputations on this boardConanRulesNBC has one of the lowest reputations on this boardConanRulesNBC has one of the lowest reputations on this boardConanRulesNBC has one of the lowest reputations on this boardConanRulesNBC has one of the lowest reputations on this boardConanRulesNBC has one of the lowest reputations on this boardConanRulesNBC has one of the lowest reputations on this boardConanRulesNBC has one of the lowest reputations on this board
Default Re: Pieces around Rose

Quote:
Originally Posted by IN-PAX-WE-TRUST
Deng is fine.. people just need to stop expecting him to be some kind of superstar.... he is getting paid Josh Howard type money and he is playing like him.... bottom line if Deng is our #3 option then we are a good team... right now we don't have a #2 option on this team after Rose... we need Boozer this offseason....

Yeah but at the same time Deng should be traded for the right player.

Getting Boozer would be awesome.
ConanRulesNBC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2008, 10:08 PM   #32
drwax26
High School Starter

drwax26 has decent reputationdrwax26 has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by IN-PAX-WE-TRUST
Deng is fine.. people just need to stop expecting him to be some kind of superstar.... he is getting paid Josh Howard type money and he is playing like him.... bottom line if Deng is our #3 option then we are a good team... right now we don't have a #2 option on this team after Rose... we need Boozer this offseason....

Are you serious Deng is no where near Josh Howard? You give deng way too much credit. He is weak.
drwax26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2008, 04:56 AM   #33
captainkirk
Decent playground baller

captainkirk has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bulls_Fan20
They are among the worst teams in the league, so why would they give up their best player, who they have under control for at least two more years at a cheap price? Never gonna happen.
Because giving their young talented player they could get 2, 3 experienced players who can assure them a good team!
captainkirk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2008, 10:16 AM   #34
Bulls_Fan20
Local High School Star

Bulls_Fan20 has decent reputationBulls_Fan20 has decent reputation
Post Re: Pieces around Rose

Quote:
Originally Posted by captainkirk
Because giving their young talented player they could get 2, 3 experienced players who can assure them a good team!

Not when the guy you are giving up has a chance to become a superstar. Outside of Rose, nobody we could give the Thunder (I cringe every time I see that) would be anywhere close to Durant. In this league, you build around a superstar, and Durant is that player. Deng won't be, Gordon won't be, TT won't be, and Durant is younger than all of them...this trade has no chance.
Bulls_Fan20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2008, 12:59 PM   #35
dak121
College superstar

dak121 is considered somewhat cooldak121 is considered somewhat cool

Shooters. Every single non-PF/C player that Paxson acquires from now on has to be able to make shots from the perimeter. And in the interior there must be at least 2 bigs that can also make that 10+ feet shot.

Rose will get people open looks consistently. Players just have to make them. And this Bulls team is full of guys that can't make anything.

Sefolosha, Thomas, Noah, Hinrich and Hughes can go tomorrow and they won't be missed. Paxson needs to replace them with more offense.
dak121 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2008, 04:16 PM   #36
Rondo

Now I love Deng don't get me wrong, and I think he's going to be an all-star soon if not this year definitely next. But we have to trade him for two reasons A. his chemistry with Derrick Rose is not even half as good as nocioni's. Deng's points hardly come from Rose even though he passes him the ball, and Deng RARELY passes it to Rose.
and B. We can get ALOT for him say memphis for example Im sure they'd be willing to give us Hakim Warrick and Marc Gasol for him and probably someone else so the cap matches up. Both of them fill needs and provide defense with their low post scoring. Also neither is really "slow". Also small forward's are just a little less common than shooting guards which grow on trees. This team is built on the future and Gasol and Warrick could be great pieces for the future. Im not saying Deng is bad or even not good he's just not the right fit because Nocioni has really impressive chemistry with Rose already.
Old 11-19-2008, 04:16 PM   #37
CelticForce1349
Ich Liebe die Bulls!

CelticForce1349 is considered somewhat coolCelticForce1349 is considered somewhat coolCelticForce1349 is considered somewhat cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by dak121
Shooters. Every single non-PF/C player that Paxson acquires from now on has to be able to make shots from the perimeter. And in the interior there must be at least 2 bigs that can also make that 10+ feet shot.

Rose will get people open looks consistently. Players just have to make them. And this Bulls team is full of guys that can't make anything.

Sefolosha, Thomas, Noah, Hinrich and Hughes can go tomorrow and they won't be missed. Paxson needs to replace them with more offense.

CelticForce1349 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2008, 06:46 PM   #38
drwax26
High School Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rondo
Now I love Deng don't get me wrong, and I think he's going to be an all-star soon if not this year definitely next. But we have to trade him for two reasons A. his chemistry with Derrick Rose is not even half as good as nocioni's. Deng's points hardly come from Rose even though he passes him the ball, and Deng RARELY passes it to Rose.
and B. We can get ALOT for him say memphis for example Im sure they'd be willing to give us Hakim Warrick and Marc Gasol for him and probably someone else so the cap matches up. Both of them fill needs and provide defense with their low post scoring. Also neither is really "slow". Also small forward's are just a little less common than shooting guards which grow on trees. This team is built on the future and Gasol and Warrick could be great pieces for the future. Im not saying Deng is bad or even not good he's just not the right fit because Nocioni has really impressive chemistry with Rose already.
Think about this why would they want Deng when they have a better SF um...let me see...im thinking..o yeah his name is Rudy Gay..... Bring up something realistic not these dumb fantasy trades....
Old 11-19-2008, 07:42 PM   #39
Rondo

Quote:
Originally Posted by drwax26
Think about this why would they want Deng when they have a better SF um...let me see...im thinking..o yeah his name is Rudy Gay..... Bring up something realistic not these dumb fantasy trades....

its not a fantasy trade it could realistically happen deng can play the 2-4 not just sf i mean sure he's not an ideal three point shooter but he can make the shot occasionally and i love rudy gay seeing as i live in memphis but he's not as good as Deng plus Gay can be a 2-3 so it works anyways
Old 11-19-2008, 08:10 PM   #40
drwax26
High School Starter

Quote:
its not a fantasy trade it could realistically happen deng can play the 2-4 not just sf i mean sure he's not an ideal three point shooter but he can make the shot occasionally and i love rudy gay seeing as i live in memphis but he's not as good as Deng plus Gay can be a 2-3 so it works anyways
Are you serious? For Real. Luol Deng can not effectively play the 2 he barely can play the 3. Rudy gay is millions of miles better than Deng. He can shoot better. Drive better. He is more athletic...need i keep going....
Old 11-19-2008, 08:18 PM   #41
Rondo

Quote:
Are you serious? For Real. Luol Deng can not effectively play the 2 he barely can play the 3. Rudy gay is millions of miles better than Deng. He can shoot better. Drive better. He is more athletic...need i keep going....

athleticism only takes you so far look at Tyrus Thomas and barely play the 3? that's why he's easily a top 10 sf and arguably a top 5 or so
Old 11-19-2008, 09:15 PM   #42
drwax26
High School Starter

Quote:
athleticism only takes you so far look at Tyrus Thomas and barely play the 3? that's why he's easily a top 10 sf and arguably a top 5 or so
You are stupid. Rudy Gay is more than just athletic he actually can play basketball unlike TT. Deng Top Ten SF or Top 5. U are the most unknowledgeable person about basketball.

10 SF better than Deng:
Lebron James
Paul Pierce
Danny Grainger
Rudy Gay
Caron Butler
Hedo Turkoglu
Richard Jefferson
Travis Outlaw
Teyshaun Prince
Ron Artest

I can actually come up with more but there are ten for u so he wouldnt even come close to top 5. Stop posting until u get your facts straight u ***....
Old 11-19-2008, 09:51 PM   #43
Rondo

Quote:
You are stupid. Rudy Gay is more than just athletic he actually can play basketball unlike TT. Deng Top Ten SF or Top 5. U are the most unknowledgeable person about basketball.

10 SF better than Deng:
Lebron James
Paul Pierce
Danny Grainger
Rudy Gay
Caron Butler
Hedo Turkoglu
Richard Jefferson
Travis Outlaw
Teyshaun Prince
Ron Artest

I can actually come up with more but there are ten for u so he wouldnt even come close to top 5. Stop posting until u get your facts straight u ***....

Hedo's numbers are back DOWN this season look them up if you dont believe me Caron is the only option on his team right now and most of last season and RJ is an all round better stat machine but not better Gay Im not acknowledging because he's not Outlaw is way more athletic but not better and Ron Artest is only better when he's happy which isnt often and this year he's not producing and Danny Granger is only great offensively and on a team where he's basically one of two scorers
Old 11-19-2008, 10:23 PM   #44
drwax26
High School Starter

Quote:
Hedo's numbers are back DOWN this season look them up if you dont believe me Caron is the only option on his team right now and most of last season and RJ is an all round better stat machine but not better Gay Im not acknowledging because he's not Outlaw is way more athletic but not better and Ron Artest is only better when he's happy which isnt often and this year he's not producing and Danny Granger is only great offensively and on a team where he's basically one of two scorers

You are terrible at arguing cause u dont even say how deng is better. The point is overall these players are better than Deng. Its not necessarily about numbers. Its if I was on the playground and i had to choose a SF i would choose any of those guys over Luol Deng. Back to what you said Hedo shooting 38% Deng 39% but Hedo scores 4 more ppg and shoots a better 3% and FT%. Last time I thought the bulls werent an offensive machine so there are plenty of scoring opportunities for Deng. Caron is just better. He drives better he shoots better 44% this yr and he can play decent defense. Rudy gay is athletic and u dont want to acknowledge it cause its true. He is averaging 20ppg and 5rpg and shooting slightly better than Deng at 42.3%. Outlaw is not only more athletic but can light up the score board at any time unlike Deng. Not to mention outlaw is like their 4th scoring option. Artest is just flat out better physically he can post, a way better defender and can light up the score board. Danny Grainger is just a flat out beast. 24ppg 48%fg 37% from downtown. Deng is our top 3 in scoring. He should be the #1 option the way he is paid but since he is weak he isnt the best scorer. See i actually gave you reasons why i know these players are better take some notes rookie.
Old 11-20-2008, 04:04 PM   #45
Rondo

Quote:
You are terrible at arguing cause u dont even say how deng is better. The point is overall these players are better than Deng. Its not necessarily about numbers. Its if I was on the playground and i had to choose a SF i would choose any of those guys over Luol Deng. Back to what you said Hedo shooting 38% Deng 39% but Hedo scores 4 more ppg and shoots a better 3% and FT%. Last time I thought the bulls werent an offensive machine so there are plenty of scoring opportunities for Deng. Caron is just better. He drives better he shoots better 44% this yr and he can play decent defense. Rudy gay is athletic and u dont want to acknowledge it cause its true. He is averaging 20ppg and 5rpg and shooting slightly better than Deng at 42.3%. Outlaw is not only more athletic but can light up the score board at any time unlike Deng. Not to mention outlaw is like their 4th scoring option. Artest is just flat out better physically he can post, a way better defender and can light up the score board. Danny Grainger is just a flat out beast. 24ppg 48%fg 37% from downtown. Deng is our top 3 in scoring. He should be the #1 option the way he is paid but since he is weak he isnt the best scorer. See i actually gave you reasons why i know these players are better take some notes rookie.

Hedo also has people that spread the floor for him basically the only people on the Bulls that scare anyone are Rose sometimes Hinrich Gordon when he shoots well and drew gooden but not near the rim so he hardly counts so anytime Deng gets the ball chances are he gets double teamed and Gay scores more because he's the first option after Mayo and when was the last time Outlaw lit up the scoreboard ? oh tell me when and I told you Danny Granger was only a one trick pony offensively and Ron Artest IS a better defender and post but only when he's happy and he's happy this year and hasnt done it yet at ALL. Deng is better than most of them because of his Basketball IQ and defensively he's better than Hedo, Outlaw, and Granger hands down he's a better rebounder than them as well and might be as good as Artest in that category Deng also passes more than ALL OF THEM. and brings more to his team he's one of those guys that brings tuff that isnt on the stat sheet not often enough but he does it at least once a game. And I stated in my first argument that he wasnt an ideal 3pt shooter so if you want to argue at least know everything I've said
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: