Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Toronto Raptors Forum

Toronto Raptors Forum Toronto Raptors message board - Toronto Raptors forum

Old 06-18-2006, 08:15 PM   #31
Chamberlain
Riggin' for Wiggins!

Chamberlain has a terrific reputationChamberlain has a terrific reputationChamberlain has a terrific reputationChamberlain has a terrific reputationChamberlain has a terrific reputation

With the 35th pick I would like to have either James White or Denham Brown, whoever is available. If they are both available then I don't really have any preference. With the 56th I'm hoping for Bobby Jones to slip down there. Is there any truth to Colangelo being really impressed with Gerry McNamara?
Chamberlain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2006, 08:51 PM   #32
ice4000
Can barely lace up my sneakers

ice4000 has an OK reputation so far

A month ago a lot of boards didn't even have Denham Brown being drafted. He had a very good pre-draft camp and has moved up on most mock draft boards because of it but usually play over 4 years in college is going to be a bigger factor than a three day camp. My guess is Brown will go late second round.
ice4000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2006, 08:54 PM   #33
dffsaf
Banned

dffsaf has an OK reputation so far
Default manrat

thats great
dffsaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2006, 09:28 PM   #34
Chamberlain
Riggin' for Wiggins!

Chamberlain has a terrific reputationChamberlain has a terrific reputationChamberlain has a terrific reputationChamberlain has a terrific reputationChamberlain has a terrific reputation

I'd say mid-Second round at the latest.
Old 06-18-2006, 10:03 PM   #35
Pistol Pete
Who Dat? Geaux Saints!

Pistol Pete has decent reputationPistol Pete has decent reputation

Draft superb athletes in the second round, guys that make your jaws drop, you have a much better chance of molding them into something most of the time then you do the guy who grinded it out 4 years at Duke.

That being said, 2 names clearly stand out to me:

James White
Bobby Jones

I think getting either or at the 35th pick would be solid, both can be made into great defenders on the wing with Morris Peterson. James White takes the edge over Bobby Jones because he has that "WOW" factor. White will put fans in the stands, and will probably win the dunk competition, not only that but he can also turn out to be a good basketball player.

Other then these two, I think you just take the best player available at a positon of need. I don't necessarily believe that because we're a Canadian team, we need to take a Canadian in Denham Brown, if he's good enough for the pick, take him, if not, then let him go.
Pistol Pete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2006, 10:21 PM   #36
Chamberlain
Riggin' for Wiggins!

If Denham wasn't worthy I'd be totally against it too. You can't just pick a player because he's from your country. But I think he's a good player and would fit well. Other guys like Juan Mendez, if he got drafted by the Raptors it would have been because he's Canadian, but not with Brown this year.
As far as White and Jones go, I agree that White gets the nod, because Jones is about as much as a nonfactor on offense as anyone can be. But he is a solid defender and thats what they need, but White has a better all around game. I'd be happy with any of the 3, and for the 56th if Darius Washington is still there (doubt it) apparently he's been impressing people lately. I wouldn't take him 35 tho.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: