Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Toronto Raptors Forum

Toronto Raptors Forum Toronto Raptors message board - Toronto Raptors forum

Old 11-07-2008, 09:47 PM   #1
jrcp3
GuardsWinChampionships

jrcp3 has an OK reputation so far
Default I TOLD U ALL, Raptors need a "ISO" Guard!

I TOLD U ALL, Raptors need that versatile guard who can help out Bosh when they are doubling on the post ...... ATL has Joe Johnson which we all know what he did tonight when toronto played ATL ..... They lost BADLY to the Hawks who DIDNT EVEN HAVE THERE 2nd BEST PLAYER! ...... Toronto needs someone who can guard high level SG and SF and ALSO CREATE FOR HIM SELF .... we have to go over the tax right now because we are just 1 key guard player away from being a elite team ....... until than Toronto will be on the same level has like Bulls, Bobcats, and them .... ATL, Philly and all them are making movements, they all have ISO GUARDS and post players ....we have that post player but we need that ISO GUARD to keep the defense honest! I TOLD YOU ALL!!!!!!
jrcp3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2008, 09:56 PM   #2
Qwyjibo
Yankee.Hotel.Foxtrot

Qwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: I TOLD U ALL, Raptors need a "ISO" Guard!

It's all up to the ownership letting Colangelo go into the luxury tax and Colangelo willing to let go of his golden boy Bargnani.
Qwyjibo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2008, 09:57 PM   #3
bokes15
Playoffs!

bokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

bokes15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2008, 10:16 PM   #4
Jalen5
Great young streetballer

Jalen5 has an OK reputation so far

I usually ahve a lot to say but with bobcats coming to town hot won 2 in a row, i can see a 3 game losing steak incoming!
Jalen5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2008, 10:17 PM   #5
jrcp3
GuardsWinChampionships

Quote:
Originally Posted by bokes15

No your wrong, it's not obvious because all of you have been saying WERE JUST FINE! " BAD GAME " When really it's " BAD DEFENSE " ...... TOLD YOU ALL!
Old 11-07-2008, 10:18 PM   #6
brwnman

brwnman has a terrific reputationbrwnman has a terrific reputationbrwnman has a terrific reputationbrwnman has a terrific reputationbrwnman has a terrific reputationbrwnman has a terrific reputation

^ true that.

It's not that new to Raptors fans around this board at all. We all know that for the most part, thanks for the reconfirmation. We need a playmaker on the wings, and a perimeter defender as well. Perfect fits for this team? Shane Battier and the guy we just played, JJ.

We have a chance at Battier if Houston can't find minutes for him (it looks like they will find it though). And another playmaker on the wings, we can go for Richardson, Wallace or Mike Miller, but we need someone bigger than that...
brwnman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2008, 10:19 PM   #7
bballnoob
Decent college freshman

bballnoob is considered somewhat coolbballnoob is considered somewhat cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrcp3
No your wrong, it's not obvious because all of you have been saying WERE JUST FINE! " BAD GAME " When really it's " BAD DEFENSE " ...... TOLD YOU ALL!

What would a good isolation wing player do to improve our defense?
bballnoob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2008, 10:20 PM   #8
brwnman

brwnman has a terrific reputationbrwnman has a terrific reputationbrwnman has a terrific reputationbrwnman has a terrific reputationbrwnman has a terrific reputationbrwnman has a terrific reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrcp3

ALL OF US? I fu(ken dare you to find a post from me saying that we are fine without a playmaker on the wings. If you can't find it, GTFO of this forum and go earn some of that paper that you talk about it? I cannot bare you lying about posts that Raptors fans are not even posting which you are assuming they did. So find it, or get out...
Old 11-07-2008, 10:20 PM   #9
jrcp3
GuardsWinChampionships

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qwyjibo
It's all up to the ownership letting Colangelo go into the luxury tax and Colangelo willing to let go of his golden boy Bargnani.

I fully agree with you, we have BOSH RIGHT NOW and for who knows how much longer after 2010 with the free agent markets and all, Colangelo needs to make movements O'Neil was great for Defense and to help out bosh, but we need that guard to keep the defense honest and to create for others ..... Luxury tax is a must right now, we already have BOSH we have to build around him as long as he is here ..... HELL MINE AS WELL HAVE 1 DECENT TORONTO SPORT TEAM!
Old 11-07-2008, 10:20 PM   #10
bballnoob
Decent college freshman

bballnoob is considered somewhat coolbballnoob is considered somewhat cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by brwnman
^ true that.

It's not that new to Raptors fans around this board at all. We all know that for the most part, thanks for the reconfirmation. We need a playmaker on the wings, and a perimeter defender as well. Perfect fits for this team? Shane Battier and the guy we just played, JJ.

We have a chance at Battier if Houston can't find minutes for him (it looks like they will find it though). And another playmaker on the wings, we can go for Richardson, Wallace or Mike Miller, but we need someone bigger than that...

Well Houston is loading up for the title run so I'm not sure we have any assets that would be more useful to them than Battier.
bballnoob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2008, 10:21 PM   #11
danumber88
I'm a neat monster.

danumber88 has an incredible reputation heredanumber88 has an incredible reputation heredanumber88 has an incredible reputation heredanumber88 has an incredible reputation heredanumber88 has an incredible reputation heredanumber88 has an incredible reputation heredanumber88 has an incredible reputation here

I dont think he'll make a move NOW.

3-2 is alright. Once we start loosing bad and hits Colangelo's head. Then he might realize..
danumber88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2008, 10:22 PM   #12
brwnman

Quote:
Originally Posted by bballnoob
Well Houston is loading up for the title run so I'm not sure we have any assets that would be more useful to them than Battier.
True, but we can offer expirers (unless if Battier is an expirer himself). We can also offer Bargnani (they need a C), but I think we can fetch something better with Bargs...
Old 11-07-2008, 10:23 PM   #13
jrcp3
GuardsWinChampionships

Yea i mean we just have to keep a winning record in the east to make the playoffs, we have some time until we need that SG/SF ...... maybe our #1 Overall pick in the 2006 draft will avg around 20ppg with 7 RPG?
Old 11-07-2008, 10:23 PM   #14
Qwyjibo
Yankee.Hotel.Foxtrot

Qwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

I like Battier's defense and he would be easier to acquire than other guys but he's another player who is glued to one spot on the floor on offense. He moves less than Anthony Parker on offense.

I guess it depends on the luxury tax thing. If the Raptors can go into it then you aim higher than Battier. If you can't then I guess you hope to get Battier without giving up TOO much.

And I don't think Colangelo ever said he has backing to go into luxury tax territory, simply that he would consider it. The only quote I ever saw was that he would "recommend it to the board". That is far from being allowed to do it.

Ugh, let's not even talk about drafts any more. The Raptors have had 3 chances to draft All-Star caliber SG/SF's and passed every time. I feel like kicking myself everything I think of Iggy, Granger and Gay.
Qwyjibo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2008, 10:25 PM   #15
jrcp3
GuardsWinChampionships

member John Salmons? he is a "decent" guard who can create for his self .... he is doing this thing for the kings this year 15+ppg .... i wish we could of gotten him he isn't that expensive either .... but no way we get him now he is a stud this year ..... who else can we get?
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: