Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Toronto Raptors Forum

Toronto Raptors Forum Toronto Raptors message board - Toronto Raptors forum

Old 11-07-2008, 10:26 PM   #16
bokes15
Playoffs!

bokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: I TOLD U ALL, Raptors need a "ISO" Guard!

Maybe it's just me but thread starter reminds me a lot of streetpharm.. now he just needs to start calling us idiot toronto homers.
bokes15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2008, 10:27 PM   #17
brwnman

brwnman has a terrific reputationbrwnman has a terrific reputationbrwnman has a terrific reputationbrwnman has a terrific reputationbrwnman has a terrific reputationbrwnman has a terrific reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrcp3
member John Salmons? he is a "decent" guard who can create for his self .... he is doing this thing for the kings this year 15+ppg .... i wish we could of gotten him he isn't that expensive either .... but no way we get him now he is a stud this year ..... who else can we get?

I am against getting him. First of all, he needs a lot of minutes to be effective, isn't THAT great. Also, he shunned us once, and took a deal with the Kings instead, his loss...
brwnman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2008, 10:28 PM   #18
bokes15
Playoffs!

bokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
No your wrong, it's not obvious because all of you have been saying WERE JUST FINE! " BAD GAME " When really it's " BAD DEFENSE " ...... TOLD YOU ALL!
Nobody said "we're just fine, bad game." At most, I can admit to saying that we are at the very least a better team than last year and tat JO doesn't make us worse, and I still believe that. But our guard play is very much a problem. However, an ISO guard doesn't automatically volt us over the top. It'd be ideal if we could get a solid perimeter defender that can actually stay in front of his man.
Old 11-07-2008, 10:38 PM   #19
jrcp3
GuardsWinChampionships

jrcp3 has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by bokes15
Nobody said "we're just fine, bad game." At most, I can admit to saying that we are at the very least a better team than last year and tat JO doesn't make us worse, and I still believe that. But our guard play is very much a problem. However, an ISO guard doesn't automatically volt us over the top. It'd be ideal if we could get a solid perimeter defender that can actually stay in front of his man.

Your not really understanding what is happening ..... you can't run the offense through the post all the time, you need someone who can create off the dribble and drive into the line and dish or finish at the rim .... this now would let others have open shots and keep the defense honest when it comes to Bosh and O'Neil, yes a perimeter defender would be nice but at this point it's really more a offense thing than defense right now. ISO guard would put us over the top because we could finally get our 2 or 3 option since Barg isn't doing jack all. Shane battier is a great defender but agian can't create for his own or others ..... Bosh can't always create for others we need that someone else on the perimeter who can!
jrcp3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2008, 10:45 PM   #20
bokes15
Playoffs!

no, i think YOU don't understand. Our offense is the smaller problem of the two.
Old 11-07-2008, 10:52 PM   #21
jrcp3
GuardsWinChampionships

Quote:
no, i think YOU don't understand. Our offense is the smaller problem of the two.

No your completely wrong. We go through scoring droughts all thought out the game, in Philly we could barely score in the first couple minutes, and in Atlanta we couldn't even score in the start of the game, all this affect the way we play later in the game, were always having to catch up. LOOK our backcourt of jose and ap scored a combined 10 points Does Jose have to score 20+ points every game for us to even come close to a win? sure looks like it ...... agian Your Completely wrong bokes15

Last edited by jrcp3 : 11-07-2008 at 10:56 PM.
Old 11-07-2008, 10:55 PM   #22
bokes15
Playoffs!

Quote:
No your completely wrong.
Ok, so let me ask you a question. If we had a choice between getting, lets say a James Posey or maybe a prime Bruce Bowen vs. getting someone like JR Smith.. Which do you believe would cause a more significant improvement?
Old 11-07-2008, 11:02 PM   #23
Qwyjibo
Yankee.Hotel.Foxtrot

Qwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Ok, so let me ask you a question. If we had a choice between getting, lets say a James Posey or maybe a prime Bruce Bowen vs. getting someone like JR Smith.. Which do you believe would cause a more significant improvement?
I'd rather have JR Smith simply because he's more talented overall.

I agree that offense is part of the problem. The Raptors wing players don't put ANY pressure on opposing guards. They are stand still shooters who have no ability to drive or create plays. Opposing guards just have to keep track of where the Raptors players are and not worry whatsoever about tough one on one matchups, aggressive moves to the basket and fouls. Joe Johnson and Marvin Williams barely had to break a sweat on D today.
Qwyjibo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2008, 11:04 PM   #24
Jalen5
Great young streetballer

Jalen5 has an OK reputation so far

We need Steve Francis ROFL, anyone think he can still play?
Jalen5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2008, 11:05 PM   #25
bokes15
Playoffs!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qwyjibo
I'd rather have JR Smith simply because he's more talented overall.

I agree that offense is part of the problem. The Raptors wing players don't put ANY pressure on opposing guards. They are stand still shooters who have no ability to drive or create plays. Opposing guards just have to keep track of where the Raptors players are and not worry whatsoever about tough one on one matchups, aggressive moves to the basket and fouls. Joe Johnson and Marvin Williams barely had to break a sweat on D today.
Your answer kind of defeats the purpose of my question. Do you feel that JR Smith would be the more valuable player for us... especially in the playoffs?
Old 11-07-2008, 11:09 PM   #26
Qwyjibo
Yankee.Hotel.Foxtrot

Qwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Your answer kind of defeats the purpose of my question. Do you feel that JR Smith would be the more valuable player for us... especially in the playoffs?
I'm looking at it more in the long run (next couple years). That's why I'd take Smith. Posey/Bowen might win us a game or 2 more in the playoffs this year but the Raptors still aren't going any further than the 2nd round. I just think Posey is ridiculously overrated too.

Smith isn't much worse for this year alone but a MUCH better option for the long-run.
Old 11-07-2008, 11:12 PM   #27
bokes15
Playoffs!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qwyjibo
I'm looking at it more in the long run (next couple years). That's why I'd take Smith. Posey/Bowen might win us a game or 2 more in the playoffs this year but the Raptors still aren't going any further than the 2nd round. I just think Posey is ridiculously overrated too.

Smith isn't much worse for this year alone but a MUCH better option for the long-run.
I strongly disagree. How do you think a team like the Magic beat us? Chamionships aren't won by playing weak D and just outscoring the other team. If it were, why do you think that a Denver team with Iverson, Carmelo, JR, Kleiza, and a number of other very skilled offensive players couldn't even make it out of the frst round?
Old 11-07-2008, 11:19 PM   #28
jrcp3
GuardsWinChampionships

Quote:
I strongly disagree. How do you think a team like the Magic beat us? Chamionships aren't won by playing weak D and just outscoring the other team. If it were, why do you think that a Denver team with Iverson, Carmelo, JR, Kleiza, and a number of other very skilled offensive players couldn't even make it out of the frst round?

Qwyibo YOUR TOTALY RIGHT the other teams guards don't have to even play defense against our guards LOL

How are you going to compare Jr Smith with Bruce Bowen .... Try Jamal Crawford.

Brue Bowen or Jamal Crawford? Defensive vs Offense ..... i would take Jamal Crawford ALL DAY ..... and bokes15 would take Brue Bowen .... your very confused man

Last edited by jrcp3 : 11-07-2008 at 11:23 PM.
Old 11-07-2008, 11:22 PM   #29
Qwyjibo
Yankee.Hotel.Foxtrot

Quote:
Brue Bowen or Jamal Crawford? Defensive vs Offense ..... I'd take Jamal Crawford ALL DAY ..... and bokes15 would take Brue Bowen .... your very confused man
Well there I wouldn't want either.

There's a big difference between Crawford and Smith. JR Smith is only 23 and in his last 2 years has been a VERY efficient shooter. Crawford is 28, isn't going to get any better and has never been a good shooter.
Old 11-07-2008, 11:26 PM   #30
jrcp3
GuardsWinChampionships

Naw were just talking about comparing the two players Defense vs Offense not who would you rather have for the future .... if that was the case i would take Carmelo Anthony
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: