Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Toronto Raptors Forum

Toronto Raptors Forum Toronto Raptors message board - Toronto Raptors forum

Old 11-08-2008, 12:49 AM   #31
bokes15
Playoffs!

Default Re: I TOLD U ALL, Raptors need a "ISO" Guard!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrcp3
Qwyibo YOUR TOTALY RIGHT the other teams guards don't have to even play defense against our guards LOL

How are you going to compare Jr Smith with Bruce Bowen .... Try Jamal Crawford.

Brue Bowen or Jamal Crawford? Defensive vs Offense ..... i would take Jamal Crawford ALL DAY ..... and bokes15 would take Brue Bowen .... your very confused man
why did you quote me if you weren't gonna answer this
Quote:
why do you think that a Denver team with Iverson, Carmelo, JR, Kleiza, and a number of other very skilled offensive players couldn't even make it out of the first round?
bokes15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2008, 02:13 AM   #32
hassano
High School Varsity 12th Man

allright so 5 games in really wont help your case for an iso guard, but i still think we do need a guard that can "create" his own shot withoutt going throughh the post first, more importantly though we need another guy to help anthony parker with our horridd perimeter defense and i think right now we need a DEFENSIVE guy more than an offensive simply because with more steady competition coming, the shooting guards and small forwards are only gonna be better...
having said that the raptors really played horrible overall, on defense all their rotations were late, and even when they werent and they started played 'okay' d, it was too late cuz bibby and jj already had their grove
and on offense we were WAY too passive most of the time and had horrible shooting choices the rest of the timee!

Last edited by hassano : 11-08-2008 at 02:16 AM.
hassano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2008, 02:21 AM   #33
bokes15
Playoffs!

Quote:
Originally Posted by hassano
allright so 5 games in really wont help your case for an iso guard, but i still think we do need a guard that can "create" his own shot withoutt going throughh the post first, more importantly though we need another guy to help anthony parker with our horridd perimeter defense and i think right now we need a DEFENSIVE guy more than an offensive simply because with more steady competition coming, the shooting guards and small forwards are only gonna be better...
having said that the raptors really played horrible overall, on defense all their rotations were late, and even when they werent and they started played 'okay' d, it was too late cuz bibby and jj already had their grove
and on offense we were WAY too passive most of the time and had horrible shooting choices the rest of the timee!
exactly. i'm also acknowledging the fact that both are a problem, but our perimeter D is a bigger issue than our O. Being able to stop the other teams guard play is more important than finding someone to increase our scoring capabilites.
Old 11-08-2008, 02:49 AM   #34
hassano
High School Varsity 12th Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by bokes15
exactly. i'm also acknowledging the fact that both are a problem, but our perimeter D is a bigger issue than our O. Being able to stop the other teams guard play is more important than finding someone to increase our scoring capabilites.

exactly i think our offense is good enough that if we play 'decent' defense we can win many games.
hassano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2008, 03:14 AM   #35
Trax416
Great young streetballer

Quote:
No your wrong, it's not obvious because all of you have been saying WERE JUST FINE! " BAD GAME " When really it's " BAD DEFENSE " ...... TOLD YOU ALL!

Nobody said we are fine, but we did have a bad game against Detroit. Just like we had a bad game against the Hawks. We won't always lose because we have bad games, but look at the numbers. We didn't even bother playing defense. It was pathetic.

Everyone knows we need a good defensive guard. We knew this before the season started. However, we don't lose every game because we need one. Even if we had one we would have still lost against Detroit. Not against the Hawks though.

The fact is, the Raptors played no defense. It's not just the lack of a guard. Watch the game again. Nobody was doing ****. I watched it on Dish Network LP, and even the Atlanta announcers were laughing at how ****ing stupid we were for playing no defense. Go look at Bibby's 3's. Only one of them was contested. We were letting people just drive in and score like nothing.

It's not just the lack of a guard hurting us. It's the lack of the team using their brains and actually defending.

Last edited by Trax416 : 11-08-2008 at 03:16 AM.
Trax416 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2008, 03:50 AM   #36
bokes15
Playoffs!

The funny thing is, the thread starter is saying that the biggest issue we have is not havng a guard who can create for himself... Yes, it's something we need, but depending on outscoring the other team gets you nowhere come playoff time. In the past couple of years we've been among the top scoring teams in the league and how far has that gotten us?
Old 11-08-2008, 12:44 PM   #37
RAPSCANWIN
Keeping the Bench Warm

I think we should give our opponets some credit, Atlanta is very good.

And..as good as our wing play was in the 3 wins, it was just as bad in the 2 loses.....
RAPSCANWIN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2008, 12:59 PM   #38
T-Low
College superstar

Damn people, we have always knew we needed that guard...jrcp3, you are not smart, just stating the obvious
T-Low is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2008, 01:41 PM   #39
b4ball
Local High School Star

The odvious might be a radical change for the Raptors. Teams are winning with great guards and wing players, not 4's. So do the Raptors trade Bosh for say JJ and Horford?
b4ball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2008, 02:45 PM   #40
bokes15
Playoffs!

Quote:
Originally Posted by b4ball
The odvious might be a radical change for the Raptors. Teams are winning with great guards and wing players, not 4's. So do the Raptors trade Bosh for say JJ and Horford?
I hope that was a joke...
Old 11-08-2008, 04:25 PM   #41
RapsFan
Great college starter

We need a complete wing player, someone who can create, but also hold his own on the D end.

The raps have some issues. With JO not anywhere near prime JO, our D is only marginally better overall (better in the post I guess), and our lack of perimiter scoring is becoming a big issue.

You can't win in the NBA with poor wings.

Also, Bosh's D statistically hasn't been great. 0.6 blks per. I don't know if teams are that intimidated by us at all.

I still would have liked Crawford. I think he's showing that he can be efficient, in a quality system. Outside of a goose egg, Jamal is shooting 45% so far, with nearly 4 3's per game. We don't need to go into another Crawford discussion because he's not going to be a raptor, but our perimiter O is even worse then I expected.
RapsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2008, 04:26 PM   #42
RapsFan
Great college starter

Quote:
I hope that was a joke...

It is a joke I am sure, in that it won't happen...but you wouldn't deal Bosh for JJ and Horford if Atl wanted it?
RapsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2008, 04:39 PM   #43
bokes15
Playoffs!

Quote:
Originally Posted by RapsFan
It is a joke I am sure, in that it won't happen...but you wouldn't deal Bosh for JJ and Horford if Atl wanted it?
I wouldn't do a Bosh for JJ deal, I'll tell you that much.
Old 11-08-2008, 05:10 PM   #44
jrcp3
GuardsWinChampionships

Quote:
I wouldn't do a Bosh for JJ deal, I'll tell you that much.

Would you do ........Bosh, Bargani, Kapono for Joe Johnson Al Hordford and Josh Smith ?
jrcp3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2008, 05:13 PM   #45
bokes15
Playoffs!

Quote:
Would you do ........Bosh, Bargani, Kapono for Joe Johnson Al Hordford and Josh Smith ?
Yes, but just because the value of what we'd be getting back is far greater than what we'd be giving up.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: