Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Video Games Forum

Video Games Forum Video game forum - video games message board

Old 11-09-2008, 01:42 AM   #1
Don't Stop Believing!!

Default What mode do you play in 2K9?

First of all let me say if I'm playing a friend I always play HOF mode.

Now when I play the CPU it's ****ing impossible to win in Hall Of Fame mode.

I've also notched it down to Superstar mode but that's still hard.

So now I'm playing in All Star mode and I find it fun and challenging.

So what mode do you play on and do you think Hall Of Fame and Superstar mode is too hard?

I also always play with the Warriors.

Last edited by 3.2.1. : 11-09-2008 at 02:18 PM.
3.2.1. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2008, 02:37 AM   #2
NastaMaverick
College superstar

Talking Re: What mode do you play in 2K9?

NBA 2K9 to me is harder than 2K8. I could play on HOF on 2k8 and win easy. On 2k9 I barely win on pro.
NastaMaverick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2008, 12:07 PM   #3
Crazy Style
Bulls official mod

Default Re: What mode do you play in 2K9?

I play on All Star. I found it really tough in the beginning, but now I'm playing pretty good, but this game is definatley harder than 2k8. Most of the games I play are close, and it seems at times the computer can't miss once you get them hot which could be right away. So defense in this game is very important, even against the weaker teams because they can also get in front fast as well despite pretty good defense. Very rarely do you see a team get really cold, it's primarily the opposite which is what makes this game kind of unrealistic at times in where you have average guys playing better than they do in real life even when you play good defense. In this game you've really got to watch out for second chance points because if not gaurded good enough it's almost gauranteed that they'll make it. I don't see my self upgrading to the next difficulty which is Superstar in the near future and I have no idea how someone can consistanlty have success in Hall of Fame or even Superstar and if they do I aplaud them! If they're not a team like the Lakers or Celtics and still find themselves top 3 in the conference than that's a huge accomplishment when playing anything higher than All Star in this game.

Last edited by Crazy Style : 11-09-2008 at 12:10 PM.
Crazy Style is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2008, 12:27 PM   #4
gencbiba
Very good NBA starter

It's only my first week, but I'm getting used to it. The first difficulty was too easy, so I went to the second one - All-Star is it? I forgot.

I'm on a damn losing streak. I always manage to stay with the team until halftime and then lose focus or something and lose by 10-20 in the end. I'm getting better though.

Like when I had Live2005 a while back, I had it on the hardest difficulty. I was playing an 82 game season and I was on a 30 game losing streak . After 40 games, I started busting ass for some reason. Got used to the difficulty and I finished with a 40 game winning streak after losing 30-40. I made the playoffs and won the Finals! With the Knicks of course.
gencbiba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2008, 04:01 AM   #5
Don't Stop Believing!!

Pro mode is nice.
Old 12-23-2008, 12:54 PM   #6
gasolina
DEY DA-PRESSED

All Star. It doesn't even matter whihc mode you play in vs. mode, as long as you have the right sliders.

Against the computer, All star is the way to go. In Superstar mode, PG usually just dribble near the 3pt line then one ridiculous bounce pass to a back door cut and it's always an easy layup. They don't do it as much in All Star
gasolina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2008, 03:39 PM   #7
Kebab Stall
I am Chris Wilcox

All Star is too easy and I haven't even tried HOF yet, but I have found an almost perfect balance on the sliders (for me) on Superstar mode. Realistic results in all categories, except for maybe the rebounds which is sometimes a bit high, because I put the shooting sliders down, but that's only because if I didn't alter the sliders, the CPU would get almost every board or almost every shot would go in. So I traded ridiculously high scoring matches in for slightly above average rebounding numbers.

I also hated the speed of the game when I first played, but like I said before, I've been able to alter the sliders to give me a very good pace of game.

I currently play with the Grizzlies (infact, that's the only team I have played with so far) and I have a 13-22 record, with a 3 game losing streak after a 4 or 5 game winning streak. I've been hit with quite a few injuries already in the season. At one point, I had Conley, Warrick and Ross all down with injuries. I've currently got Gay out for about 1-2 weeks with a seperated shoulder and Warrick has sprained his ankle for the third f*cking time this season. I'll tell you, it's difficult to get the offense going without Gay out there. Memphis have no other threat aside from Mayo and with Warrick not being at full health it's hard to get him going. Gasol is playing like shyte at the moment, he went for 3 of 15 (I think) in the last game, though he is rebounding well.

Anyway, since Gay went down, I've lost to the Mavs, in which I got absolutely raped and another loss to the Timberwolves. I was beating the Wolves for the entire game and even had a 10 point lead at one point, but they came back in the fourth and out scored me by 16 points and won the game by 6 or 7 points.
Kebab Stall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2008, 04:11 PM   #8
Hoopladawg87
I brick open layups

I'm really solid on Superstar mode, and most of the games come down to the wire which makes it pretty fun. Hall of Fame mode is literally impossible, as they make every open shot regardless of who it is and where they are shooting from. The only way to win is to use one player the entire game, but that is never any fun IMO.
Hoopladawg87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2008, 04:19 PM   #9
Don't Stop Believing!!

When I play vs. mode I always play HOF mode.
Old 12-23-2008, 04:55 PM   #10
EastBayFuNk510
Decent playground baller

Im strictly All Star when playing CPU..Hall of Fame is just absurd how effin good the CPU is..they dont miss sht..Superstar is challenging and ill stick it out for a half,then they end up blowing me out so i just stick with All Star and that is still a challenge...I win more than half,but when i do lose,its normally double digits..but its a litttle more realistic
EastBayFuNk510 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2008, 01:23 AM   #11
Killer_Instinct
And Another One

HoF, 12 min. quarters. I have great Game sliders, so it's not too crazy/ The FG % for the CPU is usually 42-48% depending on my D, and I'm usually between 45-50%. Without decent sliders, this game is b/s.
Killer_Instinct is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2008, 04:32 AM   #12
dab0yech0
3 Ball like Piatkowski

Quote:
Originally Posted by Killer_Instinct
HoF, 12 min. quarters. I have great Game sliders, so it's not too crazy/ The FG % for the CPU is usually 42-48% depending on my D, and I'm usually between 45-50%. Without decent sliders, this game is b/s.

Same here, I love running 12 minute games when im by myself but when I have people over they would rather play 5 minute games and most of them ask me to speed the game tempo up which is retarded. I would rather play 12 minute quarters and run the Clipper offense and slow it down with Zach Randolph.
dab0yech0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2008, 04:58 PM   #13
Don't Stop Believing!!

12 minute quarters? That would take forever to finish...
Old 12-25-2008, 05:46 PM   #14
Killer_Instinct
And Another One

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3.2.1.
12 minute quarters? That would take forever to finish...

I'm a hardcore hoop fan. And, I usually only have the time to play my 360 in between 7:30-12:00 a.m., there's not much left to do. As dab0y said, I enjoy the sim feel and slowing the game down. It does it for me. Not for everyone I guess.
Killer_Instinct is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2008, 12:18 AM   #15
R.i.p. B.i.g.
Banned

all-star dont win every game but Ill win about 10 games in a row then lose then win like 10 again
R.i.p. B.i.g. is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: